Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

I got mine today (NC).  

Pepper, you should have let us know you were in town!!   I am looking forward to this one-- Hope I can wait for the schedule; I usually can't!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Contributor
PeteyParker
0 Kudos

NJ doesn't seem to be getting any love on the book delivery. I'm still waiting on my copy :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
RS18
0 Kudos

I got my book today in Texas! Looks good!

Reader 4
skibaer
0 Kudos

I got my book yesterday in Philly. I'm excited to start reading!

Contributor
cdoscher
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, My name is Carol from Central NJ.  My hobbies are reading and crocheting.  This is my first look book and I just received it yesterday!  I love reading mysteries and am excited to read this book and discuss with everyone.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Carol! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion.  :smileywink:

cdoscher wrote:

Hi Everyone, My name is Carol from Central NJ.  My hobbies are reading and crocheting.  This is my first look book and I just received it yesterday!  I love reading mysteries and am excited to read this book and discuss with everyone.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

I'm with you Elaine, I'm still waiting and getting greener each time someone else gets their copy, but I'm sure that the guy with the great legs in the brown uniform will be coming my way soon.

Finally! Mine arrived yesterday afternoon! I was convinced I couldn't wait another minute...  :smileysurprised: Hope yours did too!!

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

KarlS:  Welcome & enjoy the group experience, the postings, and just jump right in to participate - we are a great group here!

:manhappy:

you commented . . . . 

My name is Karl and I live in Memphis, TN.  This is my first time with a First Look and I'm really looking forward to it.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

To Carol:

Welcome to the Three Seconds FL bookclub!  We love to discuss books in the FL group.  I think for your first time this will be a great book to jump into.  I too crochet and love to knit & crochet.  Are you currently working on a project?  I have a blanket that is in the 10 year category-one day I will pick up and finish for once & all.

:smileyvery-happy:

you said:

Hi Everyone, My name is Carol from Central NJ.  My hobbies are reading and crocheting. 

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Glad you got your book - - are you starting to read already?  have you broken open that cover & gone past page 1 yet?  Isn't it fun to jump into a great book that is so talked about.

Welcome & hope you enjoy the group.

:smileyhappy:

Skibaer commented:

I got my book yesterday in Philly. I'm excited to start reading!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy:HI Fanasty_Lover!

Wow - - - - got the book and already cracked it open and warmed up to the novel.  That was quick.  I still can recall the ringing at the door during the 'drive-by' from the UPS guy.  Good your joining the group on this read too.  Talk when the schedule is posted.

:smileyhappy:

you commented......

I read about a 1/4 of it last night and it seemed like a great read.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

To:  Sanderson1216

----------------------Welcome & glad your here.  It is likely a juggling act with your home responsibilities of keeping up with a 16 month old & the book club with reading.  Hope you get to enjoy the FL book club.  Talk with you during the dialogue.  

:smileywink:

Susan said

- - - - - I enjoyed reading something I may not have picked up myself and also enjoyed the discussions especially since I don't have much time between working and raising a child to participate in a book club. 

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome Candace & looks like many of the folks around you-Kentucky- are getting their books.  Hope you enjoy once we get started.

illettore stated:

Hello everyone! My name is Candace, and I live in Kentucky. This is my first First Look, and I am looking forward to it!

Contributor
calb15
0 Kudos

I think the same about The girl with the dragon tatoo series, they keep me reading till 3 am. 

Inspired Contributor
Ronrose
0 Kudos

Just got my copy in Dover, De.  Reading over the cover info. Seems like this is going to be a hard hitting story. Should be good.

Contributor
silverwitch
0 Kudos

I haven't received mine yet  .I do hope that it come soon.

kathy.

Contributor
love2overanalyze
0 Kudos

How neat. I live close to Charlotte! I honestly did not think anyone in here would be "close" to me :smileyhappy:

maxcat wrote:

SherylNC wrote:

Hi! I'm Sheryl and I live in Charlotte, NC. I love to read mystery and spy novels. I also adore historical fiction. I got a Nook not too long ago and I am grateful for it. Any way to be able to read is fine by me! Been a fan of reading since I was a kid and always brought 15 books home from the library. My favorite spot has always been a book store or a library... and I've had more than one family member steer me around book stores so that they could get their shopping done. :-)

Hi, Sheryl, welcome to the FL group. I'm from Charlotte also. I hope this book will be good and exciting!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

I cracked open the book yesterday evening . . . I had to put it down so I would not read too much.

I can say that I am looking forward to the book & discussion.  

I must admit I will need a Swedish dictionary or language translation if I am not to over-analyze and get stumped by the language difference.........

Hiding the book until time to read .   .   .   .   .   . 

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone
My book arrived on Friday.  I am looking forward to a new read.  I have these type of novels.  It will be interesting to see the Scandinavian spin on law enforcement and crime.    
Mtn Muse

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

elaine_hf wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

I'm with you Elaine, I'm still waiting and getting greener each time someone else gets their copy, but I'm sure that the guy with the great legs in the brown uniform will be coming my way soon.

Finally! Mine arrived yesterday afternoon! I was convinced I couldn't wait another minute...  :smileysurprised: Hope yours did too!!

It did, It did!!! Woot Woot!!

It came Friday, looks great and now that I have a schedule I've printed it and will read it on schedule.

It's good to have Rachel back she's a great moderator. Hi Rachel (waving) :-)