Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, Sara. Welcome to First Look! We're glad to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

clodia2 wrote:

Hi all, my name is Sara from Austin, TX.  This is my First Look and I am very excited to participate.  I am an avid reader of all kinds of genre and just got the book.  Can't wait to crack it open.  Nice to meet everyone!  :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Reader 4
fczumbaum
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Jenny from Minneapolis and this is my first outing in the First Look club.  My book arrived a couple days ago and I look forward to starting it over the Thanksgiving weekend.  Looking forward to it as I LOVE to read.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Contributor
tumbling_block
0 Kudos

Yay!  The Brown Truck just dropped off my Three Seconds!   Yay!  I'm in California!

Reader
Brittny
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!!!   I am from Orlando, Florida... The new home of Harry Potter!!! This is my first time doing a first look book and I am SUPER Excited!!! This book sounds like it is going to be a super great read and I cant wait to get into it with everyone!! :smileyvery-happy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Jenny! We're glad to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

fczumbaum wrote:

Hello, I'm Jenny from Minneapolis and this is my first outing in the First Look club.  My book arrived a couple days ago and I look forward to starting it over the Thanksgiving weekend.  Looking forward to it as I LOVE to read.

Happy Thanksgiving!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Contributor
Shanameydala
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is my second chance with FL and I can't wait to read this book. I am a fan of mysteries and Three Seconds looks to be a great one. 

I work with social media and I'll be sharing my reviews with not only the FL community, but my other social media communities.

Look forward to seeing what others think about this book!

Shana

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Brittny. Welcome to First Look! I am also a big fan of Harry Potter. I hope you enjoy the book and discussion.  :smileywink:

Brittny wrote:

Hello Everyone!!!   I am from Orlando, Florida... The new home of Harry Potter!!! This is my first time doing a first look book and I am SUPER Excited!!! This book sounds like it is going to be a super great read and I cant wait to get into it with everyone!! :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
mystery-woman
0 Kudos

Got my book today!!  Can't wait to get started! This is my first try at a First Look Book and know it will be a great experience.  Here's to Three Seconds and a great read! 

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

I am sure you won't be too behind on the reading . . . 

you can always tell your guest you have to read and chill out and read . . . 

:smileyhappy:

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Vosges - - welcome to the 'CLUB'; you will enjoy the interaction and participation of the book club.

glad your book came & you can get started.

have fun

Hello, I'm Michael from Alabama and this is my first outing in the First Look club.  The book arrived yesterday and I'll be starting it after the holiday weekend.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
New User
ljendrey
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!  My name is Lindsey and I live in Fort Worth, Texas.  I am a stay at home mother of a 3 year old boy and a 1 year old boy so reading while they sleep is me time! ;-)  I received my copy of the book today and can't wait to start reading it.  I am currently finishing up the 3rd book in the Odd Thomas series (Brother Odd) by Dean Koontz. 

Contributor
beak77
0 Kudos

Hi I just received my copy of Three Seconds on Tues., 11/23/2010. My name is Rebecca & I live in central NC. I love reading, have my own jewelry biz, and take care of my 3 yo. My husband is a tattoo artist so are daily schedules aren't exactly 9-5. This will be my first time participating in a First Look.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Three Seconds  Welcome to all First ,FirstLook readers.."Three Seconds" should be a challenging and wonderful book to keep us on the edge of our seats...Having the Authors "Anders Roslund "and  "Borge Hellstrom" joining us on Monday is vey exciting..Glad you can all join us..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, mystery-woman! It is great to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

mystery-woman wrote:

Got my book today!!  Can't wait to get started! This is my first try at a First Look Book and know it will be a great experience.  Here's to Three Seconds and a great read! 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Rebecca, Welcome to First Look! I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion. :smileyhappy:

beak77 wrote:

Hi I just received my copy of Three Seconds on Tues., 11/23/2010. My name is Rebecca & I live in central NC. I love reading, have my own jewelry biz, and take care of my 3 yo. My husband is a tattoo artist so are daily schedules aren't exactly 9-5. This will be my first time participating in a First Look.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Lindsey. Welcome to First Look! We're glad to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

ljendrey wrote:

Hello everyone!  My name is Lindsey and I live in Fort Worth, Texas.  I am a stay at home mother of a 3 year old boy and a 1 year old boy so reading while they sleep is me time! ;-)  I received my copy of the book today and can't wait to start reading it.  I am currently finishing up the 3rd book in the Odd Thomas series (Brother Odd) by Dean Koontz. 

Contributor
cocospalsGG
0 Kudos

Gosh, I hope to see the man with the brown truck today.  He pulled up next door on Wednesday but it was actually a delivery for my neighbor. I am having to do 30 minutes of passive physical therapy, strapped into a machine, twice a day and reading is one way to direct my attention away from the pain.  But I need my book!!!!

Contributor
tamarindo
0 Kudos

Hi -

This is my first First Look experience, and I'm v. excited to be a part of this.  I love to read and had just started book #49 for the year earlier this week when the doorbell rang on Tuesday, and my copy of TS was waiting for me : )

I'm about 1/3 of the way done and hope to finish before the discussion on Monday.

I had a question about the format of this discussion.  Is it still taking place this Monday, 11.29?  How will it be taking place?  What time will it start, and how long is it expected to last?  Will we each receive an email with a link to the discussion site?  Will it be Q&A?  How will we be participating?  Will we need to log in right when it starts? 

As Monday is coming up, I was starting to get a little antsy bc I didn't want to miss it and be banned from all future First Look events.

Thank you!

Mari

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

I have been reading and I cannot wait to discuss with all of you!  I found it hard to start and then i could not purt it down...let the discussion begin!

You are the author of your own life story.
Scribe
DSaff

Welcome to First Look, Mari! We're glad to have you with us. The discussion is broken up into sections (see the post in Schedules, Updates, etc.) and we keep the discussion each week to that particular section. Some of us read by the section so that we can hypothesize, and others read the entire book and keep their comments to that section only. We have a moderator, Rachel, who will post leading questions for the section to be discussed that week and the discussion takes off! We have even been known to go down some rabbit trails as long as they deal with the section at hand. Each time you want to make a comment, you simply "Reply" to it and you are in the discussion. We have all week to discuss each section, so don't worry about a time. The boards are open 24/7. I hope this information helps. One thing you might want to do to get a feel about how this works is to look at another First Look board. You can find them by using the "Choose a Discussion" button on the right hand side of the screen, the go down to First Look and select one. :smileyhappy:

tamarindo wrote:

Hi -

This is my first First Look experience, and I'm v. excited to be a part of this.  I love to read and had just started book #49 for the year earlier this week when the doorbell rang on Tuesday, and my copy of TS was waiting for me : )

I'm about 1/3 of the way done and hope to finish before the discussion on Monday.

I had a question about the format of this discussion.  Is it still taking place this Monday, 11.29?  How will it be taking place?  What time will it start, and how long is it expected to last?  Will we each receive an email with a link to the discussion site?  Will it be Q&A?  How will we be participating?  Will we need to log in right when it starts? 

As Monday is coming up, I was starting to get a little antsy bc I didn't want to miss it and be banned from all future First Look events.

Thank you!

Mari