Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

jabrkeKB wrote:

Jury Duty today....perfect time to start the book!

Especially in That Setting.of Jury Duty..Should be interesting to hear what you have to say about "Three Seconds"..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, KorLyons! We're happy to have you with us, especially when you bring visions of sun, sand, and surf. <grin> Happy reading.  :smileywink:

KorLyons wrote:

Aloha all!  Just got my ARC of "Three Seconds," today in sunny Honolulu (I know, for shame that I flaunt this as some are knee-deep in snow!)  However, am a transplanted NY'er and very much miss curling up with a wonderful book while holing up at home ... not the same when every day is 80 degrees, you almost feel guilty for holing ... and beach reading is not the same.  :smileysurprised:)

My first FL to participate in, and I'm really looking forward to the author's participation.  I was hooked when in the description I read, "Millenium Trilogy," as I thoroughly enjoyed all the books, and the trilogy was a great introduction to a genre new to me.

Can't wait to begin reading and participate!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Glad all of you.received "Three Seconds"looking forward to your spin on the first 132 Pages..Susan

I still haven't received mine :smileysad:

:smileyhappy:
Contributor
cocospalsGG
0 Kudos

My book finally arrived yesterday afternoon. Was only able to make it thru the first 30 pages but hope to read more at lunchtime.

Contributor
bmxmom
0 Kudos

Hello group!  This is my second first look and I am still trying to figure out how this works.  Bare with me I will eventually "get it".  Happy Holidays!

Reader 2
TheMayIssue
0 Kudos

Just received my copy today. I will get started reading tonight! O my gosh I'm excited!

Frequent Contributor
nikki824
0 Kudos

hey everyone! Gonna sink my teeth into this one!

New User
gisellsamaniego
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Gisell.  I live in Tampa, FL and have always been an avid reader.  This is my first FL book and discussion.  I was out of town for Thanksgiving and when we got back on Sunday I received the nice surprise of seeing the book on my table.  I am looking forward to reading it and talking about it with all of you.  I am a big fan of Stieg Larsson and hope this one is as good as his.

Reader 2
Yippers01
0 Kudos

Just received my copy last night. I had totally forgotten about this, thinking I didn't make the cut. This made my night. I'll start reading it tonight, since I had to finish cleaning up my house last night. (Gotta get ready for the holidays)

I'll be checking in as I'm reading this.

Chris

Correspondent
SandyS
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Sandy from Lake Minnetonka MN but I just arrived in Wewahitchka FL for the winter.  I really enjoy the FL books during the winter months when I finally have time to spend on the boards.

This is not a typical genre for me but I'm interested to see if it tickles my fancy. Looking forward to a good discussion.

SandyS

Contributor
tempestuous9
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!  My name is Nikki and I am from Vancouver, Washington.  I just received my book my on front porch today and have to say I am super excited to crack it open.  The best series I've read in a long time is the Stieg Larsson Millennium Trilogy, so since the THREE SECONDS post mentioned that series I am more than willing to give it a try.  Looking forward to interacting and hearing what others have to say about the book.

New User
amondro
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I am AnnaMarie from Michigan, and I am a new participant to FL. As a busy SAHM to 4 kidlets, any free time I have can be found with my nose buried in a book! :smileywink:

I just received Three Seconds and am SO excited about getting started and participating in the discussions with you all - and did I mention this is one of my most favorite genres??!! Doubly excited! :smileyhappy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Giselle! We're glad to have you with us.  :smileywink:

gisellsamaniego wrote:

Hello,

My name is Gisell.  I live in Tampa, FL and have always been an avid reader.  This is my first FL book and discussion.  I was out of town for Thanksgiving and when we got back on Sunday I received the nice surprise of seeing the book on my table.  I am looking forward to reading it and talking about it with all of you.  I am a big fan of Stieg Larsson and hope this one is as good as his.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Yippers01! I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion.  :smileyhappy:

Yippers01 wrote:

Just received my copy last night. I had totally forgotten about this, thinking I didn't make the cut. This made my night. I'll start reading it tonight, since I had to finish cleaning up my house last night. (Gotta get ready for the holidays)

I'll be checking in as I'm reading this.

Chris

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, AnnaMarie. Welcome to First Look! We're glad you have joined us.  :smileyhappy:

amondro wrote:

Hi everyone! I am AnnaMarie from Michigan, and I am a new participant to FL. As a busy SAHM to 4 kidlets, any free time I have can be found with my nose buried in a book! :smileywink:

I just received Three Seconds and am SO excited about getting started and participating in the discussions with you all - and did I mention this is one of my most favorite genres??!! Doubly excited! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
MomOf2Turds
0 Kudos

LorettaP wrote:

Hello Everyone. My name is Loretta and I am from Pittsburgh Pa. This is my second first look. I am very excited and Three Seconds sounds like it is going to be a great read.

Hey LorettaP!  I'm living just outside of Pittsburgh.  Do you know where Beaver Falls is?  That's about where I am.  I'm not only new to First Look, but to the area also.  We moved up here about a year ago.  I am so loving it up here!

“A home without books is a body without soul.” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
Inspired Contributor
MomOf2Turds
0 Kudos

DSaff wrote:

Welcome to First Look, Suzanne! It's good to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

MomOf2Turds wrote:

Hi all!  I'm Suzanne, a newbie FL reader.  I just got my copy today just northwest of Pittsburgh, PA.  I can't wait to start reading it!  I would like to thank B&N and Paul for this wonderful opportunity!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

A little more about myself.  I am married to my wonderful loving soul mate who works in the oil field and is gone a lot.  I am a stay at home mother of two wonderfully exhausting children, a 9 year old little girl and an almost 8 year old little boy.  We recently moved halfway across the country from Texas to Pennsylvania.  And I love it here!  Not sure I want to move back home anytime soon.  lol  I have enjoyed the discussions thus far, and the book as well.  I love everyone's different takes on things.  Thanks so much for letting me in on this!

Inspired Contributor
MomOf2Turds
0 Kudos

ljendrey wrote:

Hello everyone!  My name is Lindsey and I live in Fort Worth, Texas.  I am a stay at home mother of a 3 year old boy and a 1 year old boy so reading while they sleep is me time! ;-)  I received my copy of the book today and can't wait to start reading it.  I am currently finishing up the 3rd book in the Odd Thomas series (Brother Odd) by Dean Koontz. 

OMG!  I am originally from Fort Worth!  What a small world.  Went to Wyatt.  Just moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania about a year ago.  Welcome!  And I loved the Odd Thomas series!

Wordsmith
BookWoman718
0 Kudos

MomOf2Turds wrote:

LorettaP wrote:

Hello Everyone. My name is Loretta and I am from Pittsburgh Pa. This is my second first look. I am very excited and Three Seconds sounds like it is going to be a great read.

Hey LorettaP!  I'm living just outside of Pittsburgh.  Do you know where Beaver Falls is?  That's about where I am.  I'm not only new to First Look, but to the area also.  We moved up here about a year ago.  I am so loving it up here!

Hi Loretta and Beaver Falls mom,

My husband was from Pittsburgh and was an avid Steelers fan, so it wasn't hard for me, back in the Steelers' heyday in the '70s, to start following the team myself.   I have a very soft spot in my heart for the down to earth people of Pittsburgh!   I still feel like I should cook up a link of keilbasa every Sunday afternoon in the fall, to snack on watching Steeler games  ;-)   And I know where Beaver Falls is;  it's the next exit west on the Turnpike!  Lots of good players came from that area, too...  Just had to say hi to you both and I know you'll enjoy that part of the country!

Inspired Contributor
MomOf2Turds
0 Kudos

BookWoman718 wrote:

MomOf2Turds wrote:

LorettaP wrote:

Hi Loretta and Beaver Falls mom,

My husband was from Pittsburgh and was an avid Steelers fan, so it wasn't hard for me, back in the Steelers' heyday in the '70s, to start following the team myself.   I have a very soft spot in my heart for the down to earth people of Pittsburgh!   I still feel like I should cook up a link of keilbasa every Sunday afternoon in the fall, to snack on watching Steeler games  ;-)   And I know where Beaver Falls is;  it's the next exit west on the Turnpike!  Lots of good players came from that area, too...  Just had to say hi to you both and I know you'll enjoy that part of the country!

Well, hello to you too!  Can't say that I'm going to jump onto the Steelers bandwagon though.  Cowboys fan because they are the home team and what I've always grown up watching.  Although, now that I don't have to listen to my parents griping about my opinions since I don't have to live with them anymore, I can be an open Colts fan.  And yes, I know, they lost to the 'Boys yesterday.  But go Colts, anyway!  Although I do have to agree from what I have seen of the  Steelers, they are a pretty good team.  And I live a little north, I think, of Beaver Falls, but I have to go through it anytime I want to go anywhere other than Cranberry or Pittsburgh.  Just the closest bigger town to where we live now.