Contributor
DSlaughter
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello First lookers! My name is Dawn and I live in Washington (the state) and I'm so late to the game right now :smileysad: I got my copy of Three Seconds a few weeks back but unlike other FL books I've done this one had shipped straight from the publisher! Well I stuck it on my bookshelf and went about my life.  Yesterday I had a AH HA! moment and remembered this is why I received the book! So I have started it now and so far so good.  I'm a very quick reader so hopefully in the next day or 2 I'll be all caught up.  Happy reading!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

DSlaughter wrote:

Hello First lookers! My name is Dawn and I live in Washington (the state) and I'm so late to the game right now :smileysad: I got my copy of Three Seconds a few weeks back but unlike other FL books I've done this one had shipped straight from the publisher! Well I stuck it on my bookshelf and went about my life.  Yesterday I had a AH HA! moment and remembered this is why I received the book! So I have started it now and so far so good.  I'm a very quick reader so hopefully in the next day or 2 I'll be all caught up.  Happy reading!

Not to worry DSlaughter..We are all here..Each thread is open of course..Enjoy "Three Seconds"...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Contributor
MomOf2Turds
0 Kudos

DSlaughter wrote:

Welcome, and I can't wait until you are all caught up and able to jump into the discussions.  I am a first time First Looker and am enjoying it very much.  I love hearing everyone else's thoughts and opinions and comparing them to mine.  I can't wait to add yours into the mix.  Welcome!

“A home without books is a body without soul.” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
Reader 2
librosamo
0 Kudos

I received my copy last week and, honestly, forgot about it until today! I hope this doesn't mean I'll be unable to participate in future first looks. :smileysad: I'll start reading on it today, with the hope of catching up to everyone - has there been a reading schedule posted?

"Never lend books, for no one ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are books that other folks have lent me." ~Anatole France
Inspired Contributor
MomOf2Turds
0 Kudos

Yes there is a reading schedule posted, but you still have time to catch up!  Welcome, and I hope to see your thoughts and opinions on everything soon!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

librosamo wrote:

I received my copy last week and, honestly, forgot about it until today! I hope this doesn't mean I'll be unable to participate in future first looks. :smileysad: I'll start reading on it today, with the hope of catching up to everyone - has there been a reading schedule posted?

Welcome librosamo... We finished Part one and Part two..But everyone is still posting on those Threads...always a discussion going on....For Monday we are finished with Part 3,but will be discussing it all week.. That should bring you up to date.Also other Threads pertaining to the Book.....Its very detailed and excellent..I know you will enjoy "Three Seconds"On The Main Board where we are now Look at "Schedules and Updates"..Also there is an Author Thread,where you can post questons for them, watch out for spoilers   Looking forward to your feelings about "Three Seconds" I would read Part one and Then.have a Look at Rachels Questions,then part two etc.....Any questions just post them  and we are always around  .Enjoy..Susan VTC

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Hi from another Washingtonian.  I wish that I had put my book on a shelf and forgotten it until now, because once I started I didn't want to stop reading and wait for the weekly discussion to read on. 

DSlaughter wrote:

Reader 2
MarciS
0 Kudos

My name is Marci and I live in Wisconsin.  I am behind as well but am a fast reader so hoping to catch up.  Am having a little trouble keeping some of the characters straight but am enjoying the book so far.

Inspired Contributor
MomOf2Turds
0 Kudos

Welcome, Marci!  A lot of us seemed to have a problem keeping the characters straight in the beginning.  A lot of people have suggested taking notes.  That may help you.  Looking forward to reading what you think about it in the discussion threads!

New User
blackjack77
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone!  I'm a little late to the party!  This is my first "first look" experience, and I was afraid to join the discussion before I read the book.  I finished this week, and am looking forward to reading the comments and messages!  I enjoyed Three Seconds immensely.  It's just the kind of book I love to read! Hope I get to participate again.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, blackjack77. Welcome to First Look! Feel free to jump into the conversation anywhere.  :smileywink:

blackjack77 wrote:

Hi, everyone!  I'm a little late to the party!  This is my first "first look" experience, and I was afraid to join the discussion before I read the book.  I finished this week, and am looking forward to reading the comments and messages!  I enjoyed Three Seconds immensely.  It's just the kind of book I love to read! Hope I get to participate again.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

blackjack77 wrote:

Blackjack - please don't be afraid to join in at any point along the way! I hope the rest of us aren't too scary....  I find that if I actually stick to the schedule, and join the group conversation, it adds a further dimension to the book. Welcome!

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Contributor
katemac08
0 Kudos

I'm a little late too, but hoping to catch up!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

katemac08 wrote:

I'm a little late too, but hoping to catch up!

Not to worry..All The Threads are up.And remain up..So post when you can...I have a feeling we will be discussing "3"Seconds  for a while  I am on schedule,but still haven't posted on Part 3..Its such a Good Book..Ask any questions you may have  ,,Always someone around to answer them...Enjoy  Susan

Reader 2
KimLmrx
0 Kudos

A little late start for me but looking forward to reading through the discussion threads!

Frequent Contributor
mediamissy
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Michele and I live in FL.  I am excited about reading Three Seconds and am looking forward to trying something new.  

Frequent Contributor
BookBobBP
0 Kudos

I missed out on getting this ARC but one of my First look friends lent me their copy which they just finished.  I am going to start it toninght.  I so enjoy reading fist look arcs because it is like we are in one big book club and I get to discuss it with you all.