Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome to First Look, irises 1889! I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion.  :smileyhappy:

irises1889 wrote:

Hello all!  This is my first time trying a First Look book and I am very excited to be a part of it.  Can't wait to read and discuss with you.  

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Hi and welcome to everyone, my name is Gail Marie from the other Washington. Well today it is raining, and I just got back from the library and BN.  With a day like today you need to have lots of books to read on a day like this.

Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

Hey everyone I'm Jenna from TN, This is my second First Look and I'm so excited for Three Seconds, Definitely my type of book. I am in the discussion right now for Vixen and I am really enjoying that. I see some names I recognize already and I can't wait to read this book and talk about it with yall!!

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
elaine_hf

Hi! My name is Elaine, and I live in Spring, TX. I have participated in several First Looks, and have really enjoyed them. I have also participated in other online reading groups and courses, and I can say that this is still the best. Some of the others go way off topic, and they become a lesson in frustration. Thanks, I hope I get to read this one, it sounds like a fun read!!

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Inspired Correspondent
ponkle

Hi I'm Karen from South Carolina (New York State too) and I used to do First Look but haven't for awhile. Just coming back and I'm super excited that this is the book. I love this type of book and my only problem will be to stay on schedule since it looks like the type of book I'll want to finish in a sitting. Hi to all, new members and old, glad to meet everyone and a big thanks to Barnes and Noble for this book club.

Frequent Contributor
All-Things-Stephen-King
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rob and I live in Maryland.  I look forward to doing this First Look.  I truly enjoy reading these books and participating in the discussions.  Reading is one of my favorite hobbies and I really look forward to hearing everyone's different takes on the books.  Just a little about me, I am currently on active duty in the Navy.  I am married with one son, who I hope will start enjoying books more.  My wife enjoys reading as well and participates in these discussions, currently reading Vixen.  Hope to see everyone in the discussions.

Rob

Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

elaine_hf wrote:

Hi! My name is Elaine, and I live in Spring, TX. I have participated in several First Looks, and have really enjoyed them. I have also participated in other online reading groups and courses, and I can say that this is still the best. Some of the others go way off topic, and they become a lesson in frustration. Thanks, I hope I get to read this one, it sounds like a fun read!!

Hey Elaine, I also live in Spring, Tx.  I look forward to discussing Three Seconds with you at the end of November

:smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
BookWoman718
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm Jo and I've been living in PHX for about ten years (have kids and grandkids here).  I first have to congratulate everyone who navigated their way here after B&N took the "Book Clubs" link off their homepage  (what's up with that, anyway??)  

I'm happy I managed to find it, though, and in time to sign up for this one, since it is a genre that I wouldn't hesitate to pick up in the bookstore.   I've become hooked on the gloomy Scandinavians the last few years.   Their police detectives sound as thoroughly disillusioned with their lives and their society as our most hardened do.  (no cozies anywhere in sight)  ;-) 

So I'm REALLY looking forward to sharing this reading experience with all the friends from previous FLs  and with all the newbies as well.  And 'meeting' these authors should be a real treat. ( I wonder, will they need translators ?  Or will they field our questions with their own English?) 

Talk to you all again soon! 

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi everyone and wow another First Look, there can never be too many first looks. This novel looks really good.

I'm Debbie from Missouri I work full time for a graphic design firm, volunteer as a member of the Board of Directors of my library district, (we're number 7 in the country this year on Hennen's list), I review for several different publications like Library Journal and several publishers one of which is Mira, I also moderate the Fiction General Discussion Book Club here at B&N.com where for the month of November we'll be discussing the novel

Rescuing Olivia

the author Julie Compton will be with us all month to answer questions and chat with us, so please join us here- http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Fiction-General-Discussion/bd-p/FictGeneral

for the month long discussion, the more the merrier is our motto at General Fiction

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

LadyMin - - -> you had me worried there for a minute -that I needed to report you to the "Bird Stalkers Police"   that was cute . . . .    . . . . . . . . ..   :smileyvery-happy:

Love the little critters; birds (our yard is frequented by yellow finches, Red neck/head Pileated Woodpeckers, hummers, blue jays, cardinals, orioles,etc.)

Also love to watch our 2 indoor cats watch them as though they were close friends.

she said   .   .   .  .    .   .

I'm Leslie, an eclectic reader from the Chicago area. I work full time and read whenever I'm not gardening or stalking birds (with my camera that is!).

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Frequent Contributor
RS18
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Rosa. I live in Texas. I have participated in many first looks. I'm already confirmed - that was fast! I can't wait to read this book...seems like a winner!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

BookWoman718:  I once (a brief moment) had thought about why it is not on the first page you would come to when entering the website, but then you wouldn't want EVERYone to know and get picked and then I wouldn't have a chance to participate- selfish I was for that moment.

I don't even recall how I found the bookclubs, but I was playing on the husbands NOOK and then explored other areas and that is, somehow, I ended up on the bookclub page I believe.

I first have to congratulate everyone who navigated their way here after B&N took the "Book Clubs" link off their homepage  (what's up with that, anyway??) 

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - My name is Anne, and I live in Norwalk, CT. I work part-time and read the rest of the time. Our 2 sons are grown and out of the house (unless dinner is good) !! This will be my second FL book. I'm usually over at Romantic Reads, or Fiction (Hi Debbie & Melanie). This book sounds really good, I hope I wasn't too late in signing up.  Happy Reading...

Anne

Reader
beautifully-broken
0 Kudos

Hello I am Heather and this is my first time trying the First Look  Book ad I must say I am kind of excited. I am  mother of 3 and stay home mom. I do review books and am currently writing my own.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

WB, Karen! It's good to have you with us again.  :smileywink:

ponkle wrote:

Hi I'm Karen from South Carolina (New York State too) and I used to do First Look but haven't for awhile. Just coming back and I'm super excited that this is the book. I love this type of book and my only problem will be to stay on schedule since it looks like the type of book I'll want to finish in a sitting. Hi to all, new members and old, glad to meet everyone and a big thanks to Barnes and Noble for this book club.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Heather. Welcome to the First Look group! We're glad to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

beautifully-broken wrote:

Hello I am Heather and this is my first time trying the First Look  Book ad I must say I am kind of excited. I am  mother of 3 and stay home mom. I do review books and am currently writing my own.

Frequent Contributor
Superbookworm
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  I hope I get to be a part of this First Look with you all.  This is not my usual genre, but a friend suggested the Steig Larrson books and now I am hooked.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I did find the boards after they took it off of the main page.  Really, what is up with that??

Anyway, my name is Karen (also known as lilk13), from Hawaii, and I'm looking forward to participating in this "First Look" book club and the book looks like a great one!

See you all back here soon.

Karen

http://lilk13.blogspot.com

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

1AnneB wrote:

Hi Everyone - My name is Anne, and I live in Norwalk, CT. I work part-time and read the rest of the time. Our 2 sons are grown and out of the house (unless dinner is good) !! This will be my second FL book. I'm usually over at Romantic Reads, or Fiction (Hi Debbie & Melanie). This book sounds really good, I hope I wasn't too late in signing up.  Happy Reading...

Anne

Hi Anne :-) - This one looks really good

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Hey Elaine, I also live in Spring, Tx.  I look forward to discussing Three Seconds with you at the end of November

I thought I noticed another Spring resident in the replies. What fun! We'll have to compare notes!!

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon