Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi PeteyParker- Scott;

I noticed there are far more women in the bookclubs, at least that chime in and comment, than guys.  Welcome Scott.

think this book will be great!  talk with you in the discussions section

you said.....

I'm Scott from NJ. This will be my second First Look. I had a great time with the last one I was in (Antiphon by Ken Scholes) and I'm really looking forward to this one.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome DawnGR - hope you find time to stay engaged with 5 on your hand.  What a busy household you must run.  Welcome & enjoy the time to discuss the book.

Hi! My name is Dawn. I am a mother of 5 and currently work for a local library system in circulation.

Contributor
JDanow
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Jess and I am from Des Moines, Iowa. I work full time and go to school full time (I am an English Minor), and I have never quite been able to get into the "First Look" groups before. I always miss the enrollment deadline. But after much dedication and monitoring I have received my confirmation message and I am greatly looking forward to reading,Three Seconds! I think my biggest challenge is going to be reading out of an actual book for a change. Ha! I have been doing everything on my Nook. I almost forget how to turn the pages of an actual book, nor will I be able to adjust my font size. :smileyvery-happy:

Looking forward to receiving my copy and getting started on this new adventure! Until then...

I'm always top banana in the shock department.
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Contributor
tcg60
0 Kudos

My name is Terri and this is my 2nd First Look Book Club. I really enjoyed the first one I did which was Wake of Forgiveness but I am looking forward more to this one because this is the type of book I would buy in a heartbeat. Can't wait!
Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

Jefferis6 wrote:

Hello, 

My name is Sarah and I live in East Central Indiana.  I love to read.  In fact I have been known to totally ignore other things to do it LOL!!!  This is my first FL book.  The women in my book club suggested this program and it sounds right up my alley.  Looking forward to receiving the book and getting into discussions.

Nice to "meet" you all!!

Sarah

Yay!!!  I am so glad you are here!!!!  Sarah is one of my best friends and I am part of the book club she mentioned!  Enjoy!

Becky in IN

Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Hi JDanow,

I also have trouble adjusting to a "real" book after using my nook so much.  Once I tried to look up a word, but realized I wasn't reading with my nook :smileywink:

JDanow wrote:

Hello everyone! My name is Jess and I am from Des Moines, Iowa. I work full time and go to school full time (I am an English Minor), and I have never quite been able to get into the "First Look" groups before. I always miss the enrollment deadline. But after much dedication and monitoring I have received my confirmation message and I am greatly looking forward to reading,Three Seconds! I think my biggest challenge is going to be reading out of an actual book for a change. Ha! I have been doing everything on my Nook. I almost forget how to turn the pages of an actual book, nor will I be able to adjust my font size. :smileyvery-happy:

Looking forward to receiving my copy and getting started on this new adventure! Until then...

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Jess! it is nice to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

JDanow wrote:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
mamawli
0 Kudos

I'm a retired language arts teacher from central New Jersey.  I enjoy reading and find the books at the First Look Book Club help to expand my horizons quite a bit.  Reading many different types of literature during the course of this book club have been extremely enjoyable.  I would not have chosen to read Eternal on the Water, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane,  Of Bees and Mist. or Songs for the Missing, all wonderful books.

Thanks to Paul and the others at B&N for choosing these selections and for providing me the opportunity to read and to discuss them with this group.

Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

mamawli wrote:

I'm a retired language arts teacher from central New Jersey.  I enjoy reading and find the books at the First Look Book Club help to expand my horizons quite a bit.  Reading many different types of literature during the course of this book club have been extremely enjoyable.  I would not have chosen to read Eternal on the Water, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane,  Of Bees and Mist. or Songs for the Missing, all wonderful books.

Thanks to Paul and the others at B&N for choosing these selections and for providing me the opportunity to read and to discuss them with this group.

I COMPLETELY agree!!!  Thanks for the great sentiment!

Becky in IN

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I agree also. Paul just seems to have that knack about picking out books for us to review.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome JDanow!

Glad you made the enrollment this time.  Enjoy the book when it arrives.  That confirmation email is so very cool huh?

you said:

Hello everyone! My name is Jess and I am from Des Moines, Iowa. I work full time and go to school full time (I am an English Minor), and I have never quite been able to get into the "First Look" groups before. I always miss the enrollment deadline. But after much dedication and monitoring I have received my confirmation message 

Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

Hi and welcome everyone. I just read my confirmation letter. I am so looking forward to receiving Three Seconds so I can start reading it.

I am a semi-retired speech therapist, working only 1 day a week. It suits me just fine. Gives me lots of time to do all the things I enjoy, especially reading.

I look forward to interesting discussions about Three Seconds.

Rose

Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

My name is Rose. Too funny. I only recently started using a Nook and I love it. Already it will feel strange to be turning pages in a real book and not be able to make the font larger. I must sound like a spoiled brat, but I guess that's what a Nook does to me!
TudorRose wrote:

Hi JDanow,

I also have trouble adjusting to a "real" book after using my nook so much.  Once I tried to look up a word, but realized I wasn't reading with my nook :smileywink:

JDanow wrote:

Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

Oh I noticed that almost everyone said where they were from, I forgot to do that. I am Rose, semi-retired speech therapist. I live in Rhode Island. I have three grown children, a husband, a cat and a cockateil. I love to garden, knit and read. I'm glad to be here!

Rose

Contributor
cocospalsGG
0 Kudos

Wayne,

Obviously you are closer to the mountains than I . Us flatlanders are waiting for some snow to come our way...even rain would make it seem more like winter than 70 degrees. BTW...I am out in Aurora close to Buckley AFB.

Gayle

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I agree! Paul and his crew have really opened avenues to new genres and authors. Thanks everyone at B&N!  :smileyhappy:

mamawli wrote:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Contributor
laoliver67
0 Kudos

Hello!  My name is Laura Oliver and this is my first "First Look"!  I am very excited and look forward to getting to know you all and discussing what sounds like a wonderful book!  I live in Noblesville, Indiana and have a wonderful husband, who reads as obsessively as I do, and two daugthers, one a senior in high school and the oldest in Graduate School in Ithaca, NY.  I am lucky to have a family that enjoys reading so much we have our own little "book clubs".  Enough about me....looking forward to our discussions!!

Peace, Love, & Books
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Laura! It's good to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

laoliver67 wrote:

Hello!  My name is Laura Oliver and this is my first "First Look"!  I am very excited and look forward to getting to know you all and discussing what sounds like a wonderful book!  I live in Noblesville, Indiana and have a wonderful husband, who reads as obsessively as I do, and two daugthers, one a senior in high school and the oldest in Graduate School in Ithaca, NY.  I am lucky to have a family that enjoys reading so much we have our own little "book clubs".  Enough about me....looking forward to our discussions!!

Reader 4
aakerr
0 Kudos

I'm also in Spring, TX and this is my first time to participate in the First Look book club.  Hopefully it'll be lots of fun!

New User
Ivelisse84
0 Kudos

I have officially been confirmed. I am very excited since this is the first time I have joined a book club for discussions. I love reading!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to begin reading this one!