Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

I'm so glad you got your book, Debbie! And like you, I saw the schedule and hope to keep to it. Also like you I want to say, HI RACHEL!!!! We're glad you are with us again.  <very big grin>

dhaupt wrote:

elaine_hf wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

I'm with you Elaine, I'm still waiting and getting greener each time someone else gets their copy, but I'm sure that the guy with the great legs in the brown uniform will be coming my way soon.

Finally! Mine arrived yesterday afternoon! I was convinced I couldn't wait another minute...  :smileysurprised: Hope yours did too!!

It did, It did!!! Woot Woot!!

It came Friday, looks great and now that I have a schedule I've printed it and will read it on schedule.

It's good to have Rachel back she's a great moderator. Hi Rachel (waving) :-)

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
MissRabbit
0 Kudos

Anyone else here from AL? I'm in north Alabama and haven't gotten mine yet. Here's hoping it comes in today!! 

Contributor
tberra
0 Kudos

Hello  all

I  am  Joyce  in Ohio

just  got my book today  and  am excited  to join in the reading and talk . this is my first time in the group . so please be patient with me if I don't  get it right the first time out .

Joyce

Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

Indiana here and still no book....  My friend got hers so hoping we are just on different UPS routes.  Enjoy all who have received it so far!  I know what I'll be doing on Thanksgiving provided the book arrives in time.

Hugs,

Becky in IN

Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

just got my copy of Three seconds and it looks fantastic. Can't wait to start reading!!

Contributor
Bamamomma83
0 Kudos

Hoping mine comes today!!! Still waiting patiently... while staring out the window LOL.

Contributor
tumbling_block
0 Kudos

I'm in California and still waiting for the book - maybe today!

Stacey

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Joyce. Welcome to the First Look group! We're glad to have you with us.  :smileywink:

tberra wrote:

Hello  all

I  am  Joyce  in Ohio

just  got my book today  and  am excited  to join in the reading and talk . this is my first time in the group . so please be patient with me if I don't  get it right the first time out .

Joyce

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Reader
ChristieLove
0 Kudos

Just got my book! First time in First Look. I'm excited!

Frequent Contributor
nbmars
0 Kudos

Yay, my book finally came today!  I wasn't going to introduce myself until I was sure I would get it!  :smileyhappy:  

My name is Jill, and I live in Tucson, and am really looking forward to this book, because generally First Look choices are excellent!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, ChristieLove! I'm glad you have your book. It is exciting, isn't it?  :smileyhappy:

ChristieLove wrote:

Just got my book! First time in First Look. I'm excited!

Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm Lisa and this is my fourth FL book. I'm a tree hugging animal lover who loves to read and watch movies/tv. I enjoy spending time in the outdoors with my dogs & husband.

I have a nook and absolutely love it - I'm not one of those who "reads more" with an ereader, but it certainly makes it a lot easier to read (less conspicuous than physical books in some places and also very easy to carry around)!

I've become a fan of Swedish writers and jumped at the opportunity to read this book (Thanks Paul!). I fell in love with Stieg Larsson's trilogy and read Henning Mankell's "The Man from Beijing." I just received my book today (still wish there were more nook FL's available, but I'm not really complaining -- I just love that device and would like more stuff available for it (meaning FLs and magazines)!)

I also think it's great that there's a true "mystery" novel for FL -- to me, crime is equivalent to mystery. I like that books are separated into different genres, but sometimes I have to lump them together for simplicity's sake.  I'm going to crack open the book right now and begin reading. I don't think I'll be able to hold off reading the entire book for each discussion week. I've had different strategies with each FL selection that I've participated in, and reading the entire book at once is just easier. This selection's strategy is to re-read each selection just prior to the posting of each Monday's discussion so I don't post any spoilers :smileyhappy:

Lisa

Contributor
sdonahue
0 Kudos

Hi, I got my book Friday! I'm excited to get started, however, I have to get finished with Vixen first.  I got behind due to a death in the family. I hoping to finish Vixen by this weekend and get a start on Three Seconds! This is my fourth FL.

Reader
jkohlbus
0 Kudos

Hi all! My name is Joanna and I am a stay-at-home mom of two lovely boys; one of whom I homeschool. This is my first book club and I was actually inspired by my 12 year old who participates in a book club at our local library. I received the book today and I am anxious to get started!

Contributor
MissRabbit
0 Kudos

Finally got my book today!! I'm already in the middle of 3 other books, I hope I finish at least one of them before the 29th! I can't wait to start reading this one :-) 

Reader 2
autumnSC
0 Kudos

Thanks for the opportunity to read Three Seconds first!  I live in Western Massachusetts and work as a counselor.  I am working on my Master's, as well, which is what I should be doing right now.  However, I can't wait to get started on this book!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Joanna. Welcome to First Look! I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion.  :smileywink:

jkohlbus wrote:

Hi all! My name is Joanna and I am a stay-at-home mom of two lovely boys; one of whom I homeschool. This is my first book club and I was actually inspired by my 12 year old who participates in a book club at our local library. I received the book today and I am anxious to get started!

Contributor
deana99
0 Kudos

I just stumbled across the B&N bookclubs a few weeks ago and discovered the first look clubs.  I am very excited to participate.  I received the book today!  I'm off to go look for the schedule... :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Marsha64
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Marsha, from outside the KC Mo. area. This is my first time with First Look and I'm really looking forward to this. I received my book today but haven't had a chance to even open it yet.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

here's to hoping your book arrives in the morning by the big brown truck!!!

to Becky in IN  <Becktrek>

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color