Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

[ Edited ]

RS18 wrote:

Hi, my name is Rosa. I live in Texas. I have participated in many first looks. I'm already confirmed - that was fast! I can't wait to read this book...seems like a winner!

Rosa - I was confirmed earlier also and yes it was extremely fast!  I am so excited and can't wait to receive Three Seconds and start reading it.

:smileyhappy:
Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

elaine_hf wrote:

Hey Elaine, I also live in Spring, Tx.  I look forward to discussing Three Seconds with you at the end of November

I thought I noticed another Spring resident in the replies. What fun! We'll have to compare notes!!

Definitely!!!

:smileyhappy:
Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

I had a difficult time finding the book clubs with the new B&N website format.   Finally found it  - but I really like the link on the home page.   Oh well, now that I have found where book clubs are located I can deal with the new format.

Atreyu59 wrote:

BookWoman718:  I once (a brief moment) had thought about why it is not on the first page you would come to when entering the website, but then you wouldn't want EVERYone to know and get picked and then I wouldn't have a chance to participate- selfish I was for that moment.

I don't even recall how I found the bookclubs, but I was playing on the husbands NOOK and then explored other areas and that is, somehow, I ended up on the bookclub page I believe.

I first have to congratulate everyone who navigated their way here after B&N took the "Book Clubs" link off their homepage  (what's up with that, anyway??) 

Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am from N.W. New Jersey and work in a community college. I have 3 kids 17, 14, 13 and an adorable pitbull who looks like Petey from the Little Rascals.

This book sounds fantastic. I appreciate the variety that Paul picks for First Look.

Thanks BN!!!

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This looks like another great selection from B & N. I hope I get into this group. My name is Cheryl and I live in Spokane, WA. I have been a part of several First Look groups and I am looking forward to this one.

CAG
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

Hi all, I am back again.  I didn't do Vixen - needed a break, but this selection sounds interesting.  I just signed up this evening.  Hope all goes well.

MG

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Hi Im Zia and I'm from Oregon. I've participated in several FL and am currently participating in the Vixen one.

Contributor
JamesterCK
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Jamie, I'm 25 years old and I live in a small town in Kansas. I love reading, I read every chance I get...which is really hard with a 3 year old demanding all of your attention! This is my first time participating with First Looks and I am really excited. Three Seconds sounds very interesting and I hope to get the chance to read and discuss!

Jamie"Bookerella" Kline
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Welcome to First Look, Jamie! It's good to have you with us.  :smileywink:

JamesterCK wrote:

Hi my name is Jamie, I'm 25 years old and I live in a small town in Kansas. I love reading, I read every chance I get...which is really hard with a 3 year old demanding all of your attention! This is my first time participating with First Looks and I am really excited. Three Seconds sounds very interesting and I hope to get the chance to read and discuss!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
HSheridan
0 Kudos

Hello All!  This is my third FL book...I love trying new authors and look forward to reading and discussing Three Seconds.

Reader
KristinaBarnes
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Aww, thank you so much Donna! It's nice to feel personally welcomed during your first time with something! I also look forward to discussing the book with you - you've got a lot of great discussion posts/questions and reviews on your blog. :smileyhappy:

DSaff wrote:

Welcome to First Look, Kristina! I'm glad you made it here today and look forward to discussing the book with you.   :smileywink:

gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm Gaby, a lawyer & book blogger, based in Brooklyn by way of the Philippines. I love mysteries, thrillers and detective novels and am so excited about Three Seconds. I hope to be able to participate.

This is such a generous program. Thank you to Barnes & Noble.

Gaby

Frequent Contributor
Darbys_Closet
0 Kudos

Hi on-line book club members!

My name is Darby and I participate as often as I can in the first look reads and discussions, for often the read is an author I am not familiar with and a read I would of never discovered on my own!  I love our discussions, especially since you can chat away at what ever time is convenient for you!!!  I am a total mystery lover and I can't wait to read "3 Seconds"..... I just love a good page turner...no better excuse to stay up all night than to stay a book made you do it! ;-*

Looking forward to our future chats!

Darby

Frequent Contributor
bettymac
0 Kudos

Yeah! I was confirmed too. I love this new method of being notified almost immediately. Thanks, Paul, and B&N!

Betty

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread. ~François Mauriac
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

literature wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm Sheila from central NJ.  I've been doing all the FL books with the exception of the first two and that is only because I didn't know about FL.  I'm currently participating in the Vixen discussion and that discussion begins today.  To say that I thoroughly enjoy FL is putting it mildly.  Now I await the big, brown truck and the start of the discussion with all my book-loving friends with eager anticipation.  Again, thank you Paul and Barnes & Noble for having First Look!

Sheila

I can't believe I'm confirmed already!  I had to try before I went to sleep and there was my confirmation.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, Paul.

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Superbookworm wrote:

Hi everyone!  I hope I get to be a part of this First Look with you all.  This is not my usual genre, but a friend suggested the Steig Larrson books and now I am hooked.

The Stieg Larrson trilogy is the best reading I've done in a long time.  Because of the FL's and the two other book clubs I'm in, I haven't read the third book yet but I'm hoping to read it the latter part of Dec.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Luanne. I live in Minnesota. I have been confirmed, that was fast.

Welcome to everyone.

I like this kind of book. The First Looks have given us so many different types of books.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

literature wrote:

Superbookworm wrote:

Hi everyone!  I hope I get to be a part of this First Look with you all.  This is not my usual genre, but a friend suggested the Steig Larrson books and now I am hooked.

The Stieg Larrson trilogy is the best reading I've done in a long time.  Because of the FL's and the two other book clubs I'm in, I haven't read the third book yet but I'm hoping to read it the latter part of Dec.

I read the first two books while on jury duty. They are great books. I was waiting for the third book to come out in paperback. But also to catch up on my TBR pile.

Contributor
LorettaP
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone. My name is Loretta and I am from Pittsburgh Pa. This is my second first look. I am very excited and Three Seconds sounds like it is going to be a great read.

Frequent Contributor
mgmama33
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  My name is Sara and I live in the suburbs of Richmond Va.  Love the first look club!  Paul, your selections are always great.  Looking forward to this book as it is out of my comfort zone of genres.  Can't wait!