Frequent Contributor
TriciaLynn77
0 Kudos

Re: Casting Call!

I think this is such a neat idea by seeing who you would want to play these roles if it were a movie, because I do that a lot when I finish a book because I think there are so many books that would be great as movies. Well I agree with everyone for Theo that Gerard Butler would be great, and I saw Johnny Depp mentioned for Stefan, I love Johnny and I actually think he would be pretty good for him. For Maria, I like the actress who plays Maryanne on True Blood, i'm not sure what her name is but I think she is a great actress. And for Anna, I've seen Cameron Diaz thrown around here and I think she is brilliant, I think she could pull it off.

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

Re: Casting Call!

Although I love movies, I rarely think they are as good as the book.  I agree that the actors would be better if they were 35-45 or even slightly older because of the harsh conditions aging the characters more than just time, but who to play them is harder.  For Maria Juliette Binoche sounds good and I liked the idea of Christian Bale for Stefan because he can be pretty creepy in some of the roles he has played or else they actor from the Thin Red Line, Jim Caviezel- he's been kind of creepy in films too like in Deja Vu.  Anna maybe Kate Winslet and for Theo Liam Nieson seems a bit too old now or maybe a younger Mel Gibson.

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/