Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Hi

I had stopped reading The Pillars of the Earth to read Of Bees and Mist so I have picked it back up until

Under This Unbroken Sky 

shows up.

Cora

Inspired Contributor
Bearsstar
0 Kudos

I have tried and tried to sign up for Under This Unbroken Sky, I followed the directions, and keep getting an error message saying my send to is invalid . Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong please?
Jeanne G aka Bearsstar
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Bearsstar, be sure that you are signed in to your account so that it registers who you are. Then, try copying and pasting the mailbox address and message subject line to be sure that all of the characters are right. I do that every time now so I don't mistype, then just fill in my information and send. If this doesn't work, try sending Paul a PM.

Bearsstar wrote:
I have tried and tried to sign up for Under This Unbroken Sky, I followed the directions, and keep getting an error message saying my send to is invalid . Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong please?

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

You have a PM.

Bearsstar wrote:

Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

I will start very soon: 

Return to Sullivans Island 

For the July fiction club read and then finally I'll start: 

The Pillars of the Earth  

That my daughter bought me for Christmas

In between I have a few books to review and some Viking romances just for fun!! 

I read Pillars of Earth a few years back.  It is a long book, but worth it.  I especially enjoy historical fiction.   I think I will try to get through the next Bermard Cornwell series Lords of the North.  I have read Last Kingdom and Pale Horseman.  I have the Sword Song but don't think I can get through both books before August.

MG

Correspondent
meme1

I've just started AMERICA AMERICA by Ethan Canin so I don't know if I favor it or not.  But I did find a line interesting:  "... liked his enemies best because he never had to doubt their sincerity."  Unique philosophy.:smileywink:
meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Correspondent
meme1

Read PILLARS OF THE EARTH some time ago.  Though it is a long read, I really enjoyed it.  Many of the titles mentioned so far in community room sound really good.  I need more time to read! 
meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Me too!

vivico1 wrote:

I am reading this for the JULY new reads club. The author will be there too. No need to wait for August for a club! It starts Monday and so far it is a really good book.

East of the Sun

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I am also reading this book. I am really enjoying it.

pen21

CathyB wrote:
Me too!

vivico1 wrote:

I am reading this for the JULY new reads club. The author will be there too. No need to wait for August for a club! It starts Monday and so far it is a really good book.

East of the Sun

Distinguished Correspondent
Lil_Irish_Lass
0 Kudos

Anna_Louise wrote:
I'm currently reading Inkdeath, Knit Two, The Titan's Curse along with philosophy books for my summer class.

Anna_Louise, I've read the first two in the Inkheart trilogy and am impatiently waiting for Inkdeath to be published in a paperback cover like the first two... I'm very OCD and need to have my series have the same jacket cover. I enjoyed the first two books so far though I wish I could read them in German to see how Funke originally meant the story to be told.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No sensible man ever engages, unprepared, in a fencing match of words with a woman." - The Woman in White
Contributor
BHall
0 Kudos

meme1 wrote:
I've just started AMERICA AMERICA by Ethan Canin so I don't know if I favor it or not.  But I did find a line interesting:  "... liked his enemies best because he never had to doubt their sincerity."  Unique philosophy.:smileywink:

America America was one of my favorite reads in 2008. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Return to Sullivans Island  Waiting for'Return to Sullivans Island' Dorathea Benton Frank.should be here by 7/4..Keeping it light this summer..Except for "This UnbrokenSky" First Look,which I am sure will be intense,I love immigrant stories,and the setting is different..Vtc
Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Contributor
AnnJE
0 Kudos

I am reading THE GINGER TREE for my church book club; TELL ME WHERE IT HURTS for my zoo book club; THE LAST LECTURE for my online book club; and THE CELLIST OF SARAJEVO and A WRINKLE IN TIME too.  Looks like it will be August before we start discussion of UNDER THIS UNBROKEN SKY - great title!
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I am looking forward to another great read from Under The Unbroken Sky!
Message Edited by eadieburke on 07-03-2009 02:42 AM
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Since finishing Of Bees and Mist, I have read The Sister by Poppy Adams, since that was a FL choice before I came on board at FL. I really enjoyed that one too.

I have watched some DVD's of the books that are Erick Setiawan's favorite reads - Wide Sargasso Sea (Jean Rhys) and Handful of Dust (Evelyn Waugh) and tonight I watched Grapes of Wrath. All very interesting!

I am currently reading East of the Sun and The Haunting of Hill House (both on the B&N July reading lists).

Tonight my husband and I were listening to The Shadow of the Wind in the car on the way down to our second home between Ocean City and Assateague, MD. We are really enjoying it and can't wait until the ride home to hear more.

In my TBR pile I currently have: Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie and The Story Sisters.

I think I have enough to keep me occupied until the end of July.

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

What I'm reading now.

I'm just starting Out Stealing Horses, and then I'll move on to Time Traveler's Wife (the movie comes out next month and I've not read the book yet, but have a date with a friend to see the film - I have to read the book before seeing the movie!).

I'll be at the cottage the first few weeks of August (with computer access, so I'll still be able to participate, thank goodness), and I'll be reading my yearly Gabaldon novel.  I'm on book 4 - at this rate I'll never catch up.

Cheers,

Amanda

Correspondent
nlsamson
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading The Story Sisters, and it is fantastic!!!

eadieburke wrote:

Since finishing Of Bees and Mist, I have read The Sister by Poppy Adams, since that was a FL choice before I came on board at FL. I really enjoyed that one too.

I have watched some DVD's of the books that are Erick Setiawan's favorite reads - Wide Sargasso Sea (Jean Rhys) and Handful of Dust (Evelyn Waugh) and tonight I watched Grapes of Wrath. All very interesting!

I am currently reading East of the Sun and The Haunting of Hill House (both on the B&N July reading lists).

Tonight my husband and I were listening to The Shadow of the Wind in the car on the way down to our second home between Ocean City and Assateague, MD. We are really enjoying it and can't wait until the ride home to hear more.

In my TBR pile I currently have: Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie and The Story Sisters.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown
Wordsmith
Tarri

eadieburke wrote:

*snip*

I just finished Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  I thought it was a great book. 
Distinguished Correspondent
Thayer
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

East of the Sun

Vivian,  me too! I am enjoying this book so far. Am looking forward to joining the discussion.  See you there.   :smileyhappy:
~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

It does seem to be a good book Dawn, yep, see you there!

Thayer wrote:

vivico1 wrote:

East of the Sun

Vivian, me too! I am enjoying this book so far. Am looking forward to joining the discussion. See you there. :smileyhappy:

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb