Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
springermph
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

I'm about half way through Half of a yellow sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie a beautiful story through the eyes of 3 different people during Nigeria's civil wars for independence in the 60s

A brown package was waiting for me today when I got home so I think I'll start it tonight. Happy reading everyone :-)

Inspired Contributor
JoyZ
0 Kudos

Happy Birthday!  Hopefully my book will arrive tomorrow.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

artist4nature wrote:

What a great birthday I had - a wonderful day at the beach, chowder and clam cakes for dinner and - a present on the step when I got home.  My copy of This Unbroken Sky. Can life get any better:smileywink:

Happy Birthday!   Life can be good!   I know!  We cherish those good golden days!
Frequent Contributor
artist4nature
0 Kudos

Zeal wrote:

This is one of the most amazing, yet heartbreaking books that I have ever read.  I highly recommend it to anyone interested in other cultures and the power of the human spirit.  The author has decided to donate all of the proceeds of his U.S. sales to the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children...one more reason to purchase this book.  You will not forget this story.

The Blue Notebook by James A. Levine: Book Cover

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Blue-Notebook/James-A-Levine/e/9780385528719/?itm=1

I will definitely go back to buy this book - I had looked at it at my last trip to B&N and was undecided.  Thank you for calling it to our attention, Zeal!

Frequent Contributor
artist4nature
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your birthday wishes! 

I always said people that read are the best.  It's nice to belong to this great group.

A4N

Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

springermph wrote:

I'm about half way through Half of a yellow sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie a beautiful story through the eyes of 3 different people during Nigeria's civil wars for independence in the 60s

A brown package was waiting for me today when I got home so I think I'll start it tonight. Happy reading everyone :-)

I bought this book a while ago and it is still sitting in the TBR pile - so many books to read :smileyvery-happy: - not sure when it will be selected. Love to know your thoughts about it when you have finished.

Half of a Yellow Sun 

Message Edited by CathyB on 07-17-2009 08:51 AM
Contributor
grapes63
0 Kudos

I just received my book too. I can't wait to start "Under This Unbroken Sky" by Shandi Mitchell.
Frequent Contributor
Shapatm
0 Kudos

My copy made it to me yesterday!  I'm so excited to get started.
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

This book sounds amazing. Thanks for the recommendation!

Zeal wrote:

This is one of the most amazing, yet heartbreaking books that I have ever read.  I highly recommend it to anyone interested in other cultures and the power of the human spirit.  The author has decided to donate all of the proceeds of his U.S. sales to the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children...one more reason to purchase this book.  You will not forget this story.

The Blue Notebook by James A. Levine: Book Cover

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Blue-Notebook/James-A-Levine/e/9780385528719/?itm=1

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Correspondent
chris227
0 Kudos

Re: Janet Evanovich, Stephanie Plum novels

I love the Janet Evanovich books!  It doesn't hurt that I grew up and still live right outside of Chambersburg where the stories take place!  Although they would be funny even if I didn't have such a close connectiong it is too funny to read about Stephanie going to St. Francis Hospital or driving down Greenwood Ave and think that I've been there and driven down that road too!  They are fun reads that just let you escape from reality.
Contributor
thebookin
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I've seen quite a few people reading this. I need to put it on my list!

The Blue Notebook 

Message Edited by nataliew452 on 07-17-2009 02:32 PM
Natalie
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library...."
Jorge Luis Borges
Contributor
thebookin
0 Kudos

Shapatm wrote:
My copy made it to me yesterday!  I'm so excited to get started.

Oh i better go check my mailbox!!

Natalie
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library...."
Jorge Luis Borges
Contributor
Sensitivemuse
0 Kudos

I read into it too :smileytongue: yes, it was addicting, had to stop before I read farther.
Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

My book arrived today while I was sitting at my computer reading all of your posts abut receiving the book.  I thought about starting it, but am going to put it away for a while and finish a book by Elizabeth Berg that I am half way through.

Kathy

Reader 2
Dorish
0 Kudos

I was on the lookout for my book today, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.  That will give me time to finish a work related book for something more enjoyable.
A room without books is like a body without a soul.
Cicero
Inspired Contributor
JoyZ
0 Kudos

I was so excited when I got home from work just now and saw the brown box from Barnes and Noble.  Then I read that it was addressed to my husband.  I guess I'll have to wait until Monday for my book.
Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

kpatton wrote:

My book arrived today while I was sitting at my computer reading all of your posts abut receiving the book.  I thought about starting it, but am going to put it away for a while and finish a book by Elizabeth Berg that I am half way through.

Kathy

Yes! The First Look ARCs of UTUS have reached the upper midwest, specifically Minneapolis...the UPS dude just delivered my copy.  Nice way to start the weekend (as soon as I finish The 19th Wife).

Hey! Kathy!!  Nice to see you again.

ponie
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Under This Unbroken Sky made it to Eastern Nebraska this afternoon. Can't wait to get started on it! Fridays are even better when you get a present from the UPS guy!
April
Inspired Contributor
AnnJE
0 Kudos

I loved HALF OF A YELLOW SUN by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.  She spoke at the Dallas Museum of Art Arts and Letters series.  She was wonderful.  She shared the program with Alexandra Fuller, a white African woman who wrote DON't LET's GO TO THE DOGS TONIGHT.  A very interesting evening...
Inspired Contributor
AnnJE
0 Kudos

I received my book today.  I am anxious to start it and get going on the discussion.  I am reading THE LAST LECTURE and THE GINGER TREE now.