Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

[ Edited ]

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

We're thrilled to announce that our next First Look selection is Under This Unbroken Sky, a novel by Shandi Mitchell.

This affecting debut is juxtaposed by lyrically beautiful prose and the often harsh realities of the Canadian frontier. Mitchell's deft portrayal of a Ukrainian immigrant family bravely battling the social, as well as, political climate of a foreign country will leave you stunned in the end. Mitchell will join our discussion in August, the month before the book is published!

You will receive a free advance reading copy and access to the discussion with the author. The ARCs will mail soon and the discussion will begin on August 3rd. The book club will be visible to the public, but only those enrolled will be able to post on the board and discuss the book with the author and other readers.

Please only enroll if you're going to participate in the discussion. ARCs are limited, so if you do not participate, you will be excluded from future First Look selections.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 
If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information.

If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper left of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  
Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To -

UnbrokenSkyReg

Subject --

Your Message --
name
mailing address, including zip
daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

• This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.
  • Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.
  • These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.
  • Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives. Be sure to go to the welcome thread and introduce yourself!!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being a part of the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. If you haven't done so already, please have a look at all our current discussions. There's a lot going on!

Message Edited by PaulH on 07-20-2009 08:40 AM
Inspired Contributor
Wisteria-L
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion (REGISTRATION IS CLOSED)

I just got my copy via UPS today. I read the first page opening....

I was immediately drawn into this image of the photograph and wanted to find out all about the people in it. 

I had to sign...now I'm going back to read. I can't wait for everyone to get their copies. 

Wisteria

Wisteria,

"Few things leave a deeper mark on a reader than the first book that finds a way into his heart."

The Shadow of the Wind,
by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion (REGISTRATION IS CLOSED)

I also read the opening page and viewed the image in front of me. Be careful about spoilers.
I'm happy to hear some of you have received their copies. 

Wisteria-L wrote:

I just got my copy via UPS today. I read the first page opening....

I was immediately drawn into this image of the photograph and wanted to find out all about the people in it. 

I had to sign...now I'm going back to read. I can't wait for everyone to get their copies. 

Wisteria

Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

I received my ARC yesterday too! I can't wait to dig into this book - it looks great! :smileyhappy:
New User
myepayne
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy and Enroll in the Discussion

I am interested in this book and the First Look Book Club.  I like learning about different countries, their people and culture.  This sounds like an excellent book. 
Inspired Wordsmith
chadadanielleKR
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just got the book yesterday. It took only a few days to travel all the way to France!

Thank you so much.

I am already half way through the book. The best First Look book I ever read so far! (although the subject sounds familiar ....)

Best regards

Danielle

New User
myepayne
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am interested in becoming a member of the First Look Book Club.  I am especially interested in this book as it would introduce me to a culture that I am not familiar with.  I also live in the north near the Artic Circle.  I have only been here a few years and I think I would like to read about someone else's adjustment to this climate, and culture.  I wrote before but did not include my Name and Address to receive the free book to read.

It is: 

Message Edited by PaulH on 07-19-2009 01:02 PM
Inspired Contributor
kren250
0 Kudos

Myepayne: Hi! You'll definitely want to remove your name and address from your previous post......remember this is a public board that anyone can look at, so you probably don't want to post any personal info.

I'm pretty sure registration is already closed for this book, unfortunately. For future First Look books (there should be another one in about two months), you send an email message. Instructions are under the thread entitled "sign up here for next first look selection" or something along those lines.

Welcome to the club, and hopefully "see" you during discussions for the next book:-)

Reader
dancealertBR
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
GReba
0 Kudos

Just received my copy in the mail late yesterday!  Can't wait to start reading it!  Will post again once I've reached the halfway point!

Thanks BNBookClub for the opportunity to read and discover fabulous new finds!

GMR  :smileyhappy:

New User
ScotchWhiskey
0 Kudos

hi - is there a date that the notices go out for the next book? everytime I go to the group to register and join in the registration is closed and i miss out - I cant get on all teh time at work and dial up at home is slow.....

thanks!!!!

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

We'll be announcing the next club during the last week of August, ScotchWhiskey. Cool handle by the way! Maybe I'll cange my pen name to KnobCreekBourbon...

ScotchWhiskey wrote:

hi - is there a date that the notices go out for the next book? everytime I go to the group to register and join in the registration is closed and i miss out - I cant get on all teh time at work and dial up at home is slow.....

thanks!!!!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

We'll be announcing the next club during the last week of August, ScotchWhiskey. Cool handle by the way! Maybe I'll cange my pen name to KnobCreekBourbon... 

Hmm I'd have to change mine to Riesling! :womanwink:

Correspondent
scnole

PaulH wrote:

ScotchWhiskey wrote:

thanks!!!!

Paul,

Thanks for letting us know when to start looking out for the next book.   I'm loving "Under This Broken Sky" - but I'm already looking forward to the next book.

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

You bet!

scnole wrote:  

Paul,

Thanks for letting us know when to start looking out for the next book.   I'm loving "Under This Broken Sky" - but I'm already looking forward to the next book.

Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

scnole wrote:

PaulH wrote:

ScotchWhiskey wrote:

thanks!!!!

Paul,

I AGREE!  :smileyhappy: