Rachel-K

Thanks to Shandi and the group!

I'd like to take the opportunity to say thanks to Shandi Mitchell from all of us!

Shandi, you've been really lovely here. I said in another thread that you've treated answering our comments and questions as an art in itself, and it has been such a pleasure to share this first reading with you because of that. Thanks so much for taking part.

And to the group--thanks for your wonderful readings! I'm always knocked over by how closely and carefully our group members read each new book, but I do think our group this month was exceptionally thoughtful! Thanks to you!

Hope we will see Shandi with her next book soon, and hope to meet the rest of you in an upcoming group!

Rachel

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks to Shandi and the group!

Yes Shandi, you have been very generous with your time to us, answering all our questions and just conversing with us about our feelings for the book. I wish you great success with the novel and I'm sure that we will have in no time another First Look best seller.

To Paul and Rachel and all the people behind the curtain at First Look thank you again for supporting this great program and allowing all of us to do the same.

To the gang it was great hanging out with all my old friends and making new one. And here's to the next First Look, hope to see you all there.

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

Add my gratitude to all involved in the First Look book club. The choices have been so incredibly rewarding.

Aine

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

A big Thank You to Shandi Mitchell, for the opportunity to read your amazing novel here and for your responses to our questions & comments. It's been a wonderful experience! I look forward to reading your next book!

And thanks to Paul & Rachel and everyone at B&N, and to all in the First Look club!

Looking forward to our next selection!

All the best,

Dawn

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I want to add my thanks to the group! Thank you, Shandi, for letting us read your book and for spending time answering our questions! Thank you, Rachel for the great questions and Paul for all of your help! Thank you to the group at B&N that started FL and continues to challenge us with new authors and topics. Lastly, thank you to my fellow participants for your thoughtful thoughts and discussion. I have enjoyed this group and hope to see you all in future First Look's!!!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Thank you, Shandi, for writing the book and for tirelessly answering all of our questions.  I enjoyed everything about this book and look forward to reading your next novels.

Thanks to everyone who posted something, from comments  to questions, administrative schedules, and everything in between.  The participation by everyone is what makes the First Look groups so much fun.

Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS

I do believe that this has been one of the all time best book discussion I've been on!   The book, the author, the admins, the participants...you all came together to make it the best!   I'm already missing you!!  I'll see you all again, if not before! :smileyhappy:

Thanks, be well, and happy reading!

Kathy S.

Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

I wish to express my thanks to everyone!

Paul & Rachel: a magnificent job as usual.

Shandi: It was a pleasure to read your book and hear your thoughts. I look forward to your future endeavors.

Fellow FL's: This has been a great discussion. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts, the differing opinions, etc.... Looking forward to ... the future.

B&N: Once again, thank you for the opportunity to read new, up and coming authors and discuss their books with them. It is a privilege.

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Thank you, Shandi, for such a wonderful read and for all your very honest, explicit and in depth replies.   And to all my fellow FL book clubbers, thanks for making this discussion so much fun.  I look forward to meeting you all again in another FL discussion.  And a special thanks to Rachael and Paul for guiding us through with so many, many, many questions.

I just finished listening to the audio book of "South of Broad" by Pat Convoy. I found myself listening differently this time and that was because of how Shandi used descriptions and back drops to set the stage for later use.  I kept a mental note of what I thought would be a vital piece of information and gave myself a nice pat on the back when Mr. Convoy later used that information to make his point.

Shandi, you wrote a beautiful story.  Yes, it was a hard life that they lead but the fact is that is the life they lead.  By writing this story, you gave us (more) insight to the hardships that the earlier settlers went through.  Thank you, again, Shandi.

Correspondent
joyfull
0 Kudos

I'd like to add my sincere thanks to Shandi for writing a superb book. It was an emotional experience to read the story and I'm still thinking about the characters and the setting and all the historical events.

Thanks also to Barnes and Noble for the opportunity to read the book and join in the conversation. And - thanks to the moderators. See you again next time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Margot
My blog: JoyfullyRetired.com
Correspondent
Rosei
0 Kudos

Oh, this was really an excellent discussion! Even if I had read more than left messages, still then I loved seeing all the feedbacks given to the novel. Shandi is a wonderful person as so as Paul and you Rachel. Readers here were so very friendly and concerned about questions and contributions from the others. I loved my time over here; thank you!

Inspired Correspondent
Read-n-Rider
0 Kudos

Thanks from me, too, to everyone involved in making this First Look discussion an exceptional one.  Shandi, I feel we've gotten to know you as a person, as well as an author; your willingness to share your thoughts and life experiences with us has been very much appreciated.  You've written a remarkable novel; please don't let it be your last one!

Paul andRachel, as always, you've helped us out as needed and kept us on track ; many thanks.  Fellow First Lookers, it's been a privilege to be one of you again.  This is truly a wonderful program; thank you, Barnes & Noble!

Joan

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Thank you to Shandi for sharing her amazing novel with the First Look group and to Rachel for the thought provoking questions.  Thank you Paul for spearheading this group and to the rest of the B&N FL crew who chose these awesome reads for us. 

gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl
0 Kudos

Thank you so much to Shandi for generously sharing time and thoughts and making this possible.  Thank you again to Barnes & Noble, Paul and Rachel for this generous gift.   The books that you choose and the discussions are amazing.  I might occasionally join the discussion late, but it's always such a pleasure to read what everyone thinks and to join in.

Gaby

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

First of all, thank you Shandi for sharing your book with us.  I was drawn in from the very first page and had a hard time sticking to the reading schedule.  You did a great job making the characters real and believable.  Your descriptions were so vivid, that I could imagine being right there with the characters.  Thank you for spending time with us and answering our questions about your book.  I am sure that this book will be a great success.

To Paul and Rachel, as always you guys did a great job bringing this all together.  This was an excellent choice and one that I will not soon forget. 

Lastly, thanks to all the First Lookers for another great discussion.  I always enjoy hearing the many different views and interpretations. 

"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Wordsmith
Anna_Louise

To Shandi:  Thank you for being very generous with your time and talent.  Your book is truly a work of art and we greatly appreciate you sharing it with us.  I wish you wonderful success with the novel and look forward to more beautiful works from you!

To Paul and Rachel and B&N:  Thank you for all your support and fantastic work on this First Look.  You made my first time extremely successful and enjoyable!!!

To everyone here at First Look for UTUS:  I've made some wonderful friends and have enjoyed "meeting' everyone and look forward to continuing friendship and many more First Looks together!  Happy Fall!!!! :smileyhappy:

Anna

Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

rkubie wrote:

I'd like to take the opportunity to say thanks to Shandi Mitchell from all of us!

Shandi, you've been really lovely here. I said in another thread that you've treated answering our comments and questions as an art in itself, and it has been such a pleasure to share this first reading with you because of that. Thanks so much for taking part.

And to the group--thanks for your wonderful readings! I'm always knocked over by how closely and carefully our group members read each new book, but I do think our group this month was exceptionally thoughtful! Thanks to you!

Hope we will see Shandi with her next book soon, and hope to meet the rest of you in an upcoming group!

Rachel

Thank you, Shandi so much for allowing us to read your book.  It was a pleasure.  Beautifully written and I can't wait to see what you write next.  I'll be keeping my eyes open. 

Karen

Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

Thanks for Shandi for sharing your book with us.  You have been so generous with your time in answering our comments.  It really enhanced my reading experience.

Thanks to Paul, Rachel, and B & N for this fabulous book club.  Of course, thanks to my fellow First Lookers for another great, thought-provoking discussion.

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

A big thank you to everyone involved!

To Shandi, for answering our questions and joining in the discussion so enthusiastically.

To Paul and Rachel, for organizing everything and keeping us on track.

To my fellow FLers, for such thoughtful discussions and keen observations.  All of you have really made this experience a true joy.