Inspired Contributor
Linda10
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello everyone!

I am Linda (obviously).  I live in a small town in Idaho; although it's the second-largest city in the state.  I will consider it an honor if I'm included in this First Look.  It looks SOOO good!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look! You will find us a very friendly bunch.  :smileywink:

BarneyNoble wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I live in beautiful Bucks County, PA.  This is my first time with the First Look Book Club.  Great idea.  Thanks for the opportunity.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Yeah, Elaine! I'm glad you were able to sign on and register.  :smileywink:

dragonfly_yayn wrote:

Hi,

My name is Elaine and I live here in Western Massachusetts 2 year old, 1 year old and 2 dogs.  Reading is a good escape from the hustle and bustle that I call my life.  I thouroughly loved the last First Look book Of Bees and Mist (which was my 1st First Look) and look forward to this one (if I am confirmed).:smileywink:

Elaine

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon, Everyone. I am Mike and I love the FL book club. Western MA is home to my wife, myself, and our dog Oscar. This book sounds really good and I hope to get a copy. My favorite type of book is historically based, so this is right up my alley. :smileyhappy:

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
Rosei
0 Kudos

Hey all! I'm Rosangela, from Brazil, and a book lover! This already promises to be a great

discussion, since Under This Unbroken Sky sounds to be an interesting reading.

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

My name is Aine (pronounced 'Ann) and I live in Berks County, PA. As in the past this group of FL readers will have us all involved in healthy discussions of this new book.

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.
Wordsmith
Anna_Louise

Hi everyone!

I'm Anna Louise Downing, living in beautiful, historic Ellicott City, MD between Baltimore and WDC.  This is my first time in First Look.  I'm really excited about reading the book (sounds great) and meeting everyone.  At 45, I decided to return to college to finally complete my degree in Elementary Education in the area of Literacy.  I'm an avid bibliophile and can't wait to get started with the book!!:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.  I'm Teresa and I live in Northern VA.  This will be my 5th or 6th FL book (I lost count :smileywink:).  I am looking forward to reading this book and discussing it with my fellow First Lookers. 

"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Contributor
BarneyNoble
0 Kudos

Thank you kindly for the welcome.  I did forget to mention my name earlier, it is Janine.
Wordsmith
babzilla41

Hi everyone!  This is my 2nd FL  and I'm looking forward to this read and the discussions (if I receive confirmation).  Of Bees and Mist was out of my usual genre but loved it and got so much more out of it because of the discussions.  What a great way to try out something new and have the benefit of the author's voice!

Barb

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Frequent Contributor
booksJT
0 Kudos

Hi my name is June. I just signed up for Under this Unbroken Sky. This book sounds interesting. Hopefully it be a success like the previous first look books. I am looking forward to reading this new book.
Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

Yup, actually figured out how to register on my own this time! Heeheehee.  Thanks for the help.

DSaff wrote:

Yeah, Elaine! I'm glad you were able to sign on and register.  :smileywink:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Anna!  :smileywink:

Anna_Louise wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm Anna Louise Downing, living in beautiful, historic Ellicott City, MD between Baltimore and WDC.  This is my first time in First Look.  I'm really excited about reading the book (sounds great) and meeting everyone.  At 45, I decided to return to college to finally complete my degree in Elementary Education in the area of Literacy.  I'm an avid bibliophile and can't wait to get started with the book!!:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone my name is Gail Marie, this is great because today is my birthday and we get to read another book that I would have pass up.  I live in Spanaway/Graham Washington and the best thing about First Look Club is that I have had the chance to read the book before they it hits the bookstore.  I thank First Look for giving us the chance to be part of some big.  The other great thing is that we get to talk to the author and the editor etc.  I have really enjoyed reading all of the post. This way I can see have other people feel about what we just finishing reading. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Happy Birthday, Gail!

gmfuhlman wrote:

Hi, everyone my name is Gail Marie, this is great because today is my birthday and we get to read another book that I would have pass up.  I live in Spanaway/Graham Washington and the best thing about First Look Club is that I have had the chance to read the book before they it hits the bookstore.  I thank First Look for giving us the chance to be part of some big.  The other great thing is that we get to talk to the author and the editor etc.  I have really enjoyed reading all of the post. This way I can see have other people feel about what we just finishing reading. 

Distinguished Correspondent
Lil_Irish_Lass
0 Kudos

gmfuhlman wrote:

Happy birthday Gail Marie!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No sensible man ever engages, unprepared, in a fencing match of words with a woman." - The Woman in White
Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

Hopefully they send your book out a week or two before everyone else's so you will get it about the same time.

marciliogq wrote:
Hi, I'm Marcílio from Brazil and this is my 7h First Look. Hope we get great discussions as we had with our two last books.
Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Happy Birthday, Gail!
Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

Welcome Anna!  I hope you enjoy this as much as I did, this is my 2nd First Look and I obviously enjoyed it so much, I signed up for another.  The discussions are great and the insite that the author is able to share is even better.  Have fun, see you in the discussions.

Anna_Louise wrote:

Hi everyone!

Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :smileyvery-happy:

gmfuhlman wrote: