Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
nbmars
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, I'm Jill from Arizona.  This book sounds really interesting!
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Gail Marie!

gmfuhlman wrote:

Hi, everyone my name is Gail Marie, this is great because today is my birthday and we get to read another book that I would have pass up.  I live in Spanaway/Graham Washington and the best thing about First Look Club is that I have had the chance to read the book before they it hits the bookstore.  I thank First Look for giving us the chance to be part of some big.  The other great thing is that we get to talk to the author and the editor etc.  I have really enjoyed reading all of the post. This way I can see have other people feel about what we just finishing reading. 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Correspondent
lmpmn
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  My name is Laura and I'm from a very small Minnesota town south of the Twin Cities.  I have a 13-year-old daughter and 4 cats (oh and one foster cat that makes 5!).

I've participated in all but 2-3 First Look clubs.  I look forward to each and every time I sign in to read and share my opinions.  I love the month of July, but I hope it flies by so we can get started!

I think I might join in the discussion of The Grapes of Wrath to pass the time.

Happiness is a warm blanket!
Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Welcome everyone! Nice to see both old & new participants.
Contributor
grapes63

Hi,

My name is Leola. I like to be called Grapes, my computer user names. I have no idea why I chose the nickname "Grapes." If it helps, I do love to eat grapes. I live in Southeastern part of Tennessee. I live very close to a new Barnes and Noble store in the mall. I live with my husband and cat. I have sons and grandchildren. I love, love to read books. Each year my love for reading becomes more intense. I just finished reading "Harriet and Isabella" by Patricia O'Brien. What a great book!

Contributor
jokerc114
0 Kudos

Hi I am Alicia from southern CT, and I'm very excited since this is my first book through this club
Books are not men and yet they stay alive. ~ Stephen Vincent Benet ~
Correspondent
nlsamson
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Nancy from Western Mass, where I live with my fiance and my dog. (finally everyone else has moved out)  This will be my 3rd First Look.  I look forward to this (if confirmed) as it seems very different from our last two.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Alicia! This is a great group.  :smileywink:

jokerc114 wrote:
Hi I am Alicia from southern CT, and I'm very excited since this is my first book through this club

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
januttall
0 Kudos

gmfuhlman wrote:

Hi, everyone my name is Gail Marie, this is great because today is my birthday and we get to read another book that I would have pass up.  I live in Spanaway/Graham Washington and the best thing about First Look Club is that I have had the chance to read the book before they it hits the bookstore.  I thank First Look for giving us the chance to be part of some big.  The other great thing is that we get to talk to the author and the editor etc.  I have really enjoyed reading all of the post. This way I can see have other people feel about what we just finishing reading. 

Happy Birthday, Gail!
Inspired Contributor
januttall

Hi everyone!  My name is Julie and I live in Western MA (there seems to be a few First Lookers from this area) with my husband, young son and the rascally Ratchet (aka our dog).

I'm looking forward to reading another book that I may never have discovered if it weren't  for the FL book club.  I really enjoy the way this club opens my eyes in so may ways - new genres, different perspectives and authors' insights!  Thank you B&N!

Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

I do hope it happens. If they do it perhaps I can get into discussions at the same time as everybody and avoid the problems I had previously.

dragonfly_yayn wrote:

Hopefully they send your book out a week or two before everyone else's so you will get it about the same time.

marciliogq wrote:
Hi, I'm Marcílio from Brazil and this is my 7h First Look. Hope we get great discussions as we had with our two last books.

Distinguished Correspondent
PiperMurphy
0 Kudos

Hello again everyone, I'm Linda from Kansas City. This is my 4th FL book. As much as I loved the last two books, this is the type of book that I usually choose. I'm looking forward to the discussion.
"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
~Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus~
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Happy Birthday Gail :smileyvery-happy:

gmfuhlman wrote:

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy :smileyhappy:
Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

jokerc114 wrote:

Hi and Welcome Alicia,

You will find many friends who are willing to help with any questions you may have during the discussions.  You will also find that we all enjoy reading and discussing new novels.  Again, welcome to the group. 

Mike
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

This will be my second First Look if my participation is confirmed. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and would tweet my bio as: I read I write I knit I photograph I travel I pull weeds.

Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

Happy Birthday Gail Marie!

gmfuhlman wrote:

Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Judy from South Florida.  I'm an avid reader and I love this FL book club.  This latest selection looks great.  I look forward to reading the book (if I'm confirmed).  The FL discussions really make reading the books a much more enriching experience.
Frequent Contributor
love2readSZ
0 Kudos

And lots of dogs from WMASS also.  Mine is named Nikki.
Frequent Contributor
dj5775
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. My first First Look was Katherine Howe's I missed out on the last one so I'm looking forward to see if I make it into this one. It looks like a good summer read!
ct