Inspired Contributor
Ronrose
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Ron from Dover, De. I missed the last First Look sign up and am really ready to get back into the group with what sounds like another great book.
Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I am so excited to be included in the First Look club. I am still learning to get my way around the B&N website.

I'm Cora and live in Roseville, California, USA with my cat Bridget. After retirement I started reading and practicing the craft of writing; also for relaxation I sew and do needlework. I look forward to some good reading and lively conversations.

Thank you Shandi Mitchell for letting us preview your book.

Cora 

Contributor
quiltgranny
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Sharon (known as everyone's Quiltgranny) from Missouri.  This will be my third First Look selection, and I have to admit that I am hooked, hooked, hooked!  The last book was something I never would have chosen on my own, and I quite enjoyed it.  This one seems to have everything in it to make it right up my alley.  So looking forward to the discussions!
Quiltgranny
Life is simple: Eat, read, quilt, sleep, repeat!
Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

Hi Grapes--Have you tried eating your grapes frozen. They make a great snack, especially in the summers here in California.

Cora

>>Hi,

My name is Leola. I like to be called Grapes, my computer user names. I have no idea why I chose the nickname "Grapes." If it helps, I do love to eat grapes. I live in Southeastern part of Tennessee. I live very close to a new Barnes and Noble store in the mall. I live with my husband and cat. I have sons and grandchildren. I love, love to read books. Each year my love for reading becomes more intense. I just finished reading "Harriet and Isabella" by Patricia O'Brien. What a great book!<<

Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85
0 Kudos

My name is Jen (bookloverjb85) and I am a teacher in Western MA.  I have been a part of the First Look bookclubs for awhile and I have enjoyed the lively conversations that we have every time.  The past two books "The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" and "Of Bees and Mist" have been my favorite ones by far, but all the other books have opened me up to different reads as well.  This book sounds like an excellent read and I hope that we all have great interations and conversations around it.
--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Alicia--

And I introduced you to it!  I'm so glad that you signed up!

Message Edited by bookloverjb85 on 07-02-2009 07:22 AM
--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I think pets help keep us sane.  Oscar even likes to hear us read out loud. He is a funny dog. Just don't mention the words "go out."  LOL

love2readSZ wrote:
And lots of dogs from WMASS also.  Mine is named Nikki.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

Welcome Alicia!  This is not only fun but being able to be part of the discussion with the author was great for me.  Enjoy.

jokerc114 wrote:
Hi I am Alicia from southern CT, and I'm very excited since this is my first book through this club

Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

It seems there is.  Mine is a 100 lb rottweiler named Shanita (Nita for short) and a almost 2 lb yorkie named Tinkerbell (Tink for short).  Most people find it funny to see the 2 of them together, but Tink keeps my books warm when I am not reading them by using them as a bed.

love2readSZ wrote:

Contributor
grapes63
0 Kudos

No, but it definitely sounds delicious for the summer. Yumm!
Contributor
jokerc114
0 Kudos

Jen B, thanks again for telling me about this book club.
Books are not men and yet they stay alive. ~ Stephen Vincent Benet ~
Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

Hi All, I have participated in all the First Look book discussions (except for when there was two and we had to choose only one).  I enjoy experimenting with different genre of books.  Some I have like better than others.   This book seems to be right up my alley, historical fiction.  I am looking forward to starting.

MG

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

I've arranged to have your book ship first. Please let me know when you receive it.

marciliogq wrote:
I do hope it happens. If they do it perhaps I can get into discussions at the same time as everybody and avoid the problems I had previously.

dragonfly_yayn wrote:

Hopefully they send your book out a week or two before everyone else's so you will get it about the same time.

marciliogq wrote:
Hi, I'm Marcílio from Brazil and this is my 7h First Look. Hope we get great discussions as we had with our two last books.

Scribe
debbook
0 Kudos

Pets are better than any anti-depressant!! I have 2 dogs. One is still in puppy mode and when I don't get up in the morning fast enough, he starts nudging my pile of books on the nightstand, pushing them towards the floor. He looks at me after each nudge to let me know he's serious. It's quite funny.

Anyway, I just got my confirmation email- that was super fast-Paul must be working overtime, or he has little elves helping him :smileyhappy:

DSaff wrote:

I think pets help keep us sane.  Oscar even likes to hear us read out loud. He is a funny dog. Just don't mention the words "go out."  LOL

love2readSZ wrote:

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

debbook wrote:

Anyway, I just got my confirmation email- that was super fast-Paul must be working overtime, or he has little elves helping him :smileyhappy:

The only "little elves" I have are my 10 fingers and I can only type with two of them!

Inspired Correspondent
ponkle
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Karen and I live in South Carolina but am spending my summer in beautiful Brewster NY to escape some of the heat. This will be my 4th FL and I am enjoying this book club so much. I really look forward to reading everyones posts and the opportunity to read some different books than I normally do.
Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just back from a vacation with three grandchildren  in San Francisco.  We did many of the "touristy" sites and I'm coming back again and again and again.:smileyhappy:

Home is in beautiful west central WI.  Absolutely love this area of WI.  I've participated in almost all of the FL selections.  I've enjoyed almost all of the selections, but my favorite was Deliverance Dane.  I'm eager to read the new selection; it sounds like my kind of story.  

Message Edited by meme1 on 07-02-2009 12:30 PM
meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Contributor
Paige_K
0 Kudos

Wow, this is such a cool idea.  I've wanted to join a book club for a while, but couldn't seem to get anyone local interested.  Anyway, I'm Paige from Atlanta.  Looking forward to chatting with you all about the next selection.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Paige.  :smileywink:

Paige_K wrote:

Wow, this is such a cool idea.  I've wanted to join a book club for a while, but couldn't seem to get anyone local interested.  Anyway, I'm Paige from Atlanta.  Looking forward to chatting with you all about the next selection.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I just got my confirmation as well! Thankfully, I have plenty to read before this one comes. Thanks, Paul and your helpful elves.  :smileywink:

debbook wrote:

Pets are better than any anti-depressant!! I have 2 dogs. One is still in puppy mode and when I don't get up in the morning fast enough, he starts nudging my pile of books on the nightstand, pushing them towards the floor. He looks at me after each nudge to let me know he's serious. It's quite funny.