dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Wow B&N must have employed both the bees and the mists this time because I already got my confirmation :smileyvery-happy:
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Way to go, Paul!!!!

PaulH wrote:

I've arranged to have your book ship first. Please let me know when you receive it.

marciliogq wrote:
I do hope it happens. If they do it perhaps I can get into discussions at the same time as everybody and avoid the problems I had previously.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
Bearsstar
0 Kudos

First I want to thank Paul for helping me do the sign up the right way lol.  It went soooo smooth.  And thanks to everyone else who replied thank you.  It looks like this will be a great book to discuss and great people too
Jeanne G aka Bearsstar
Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Paul

I got my confirmation. Thank you, and B&N, very much.

I've enjoyed reading, and discussing, every First Look book that I've signed up for.

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Well I also received my confirmation today.  B&N is definitely working overtime on this one.  

It's nice to see so many new people as well as the (Old Timers)  LOL back for another new read.  It looks like it's going to be a great one. 

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Sensitivemuse
0 Kudos

Hi!

I just joined and signed up for a copy of this book. I'm from Canada so this sounds close to home :smileyvery-happy: (well I'm a few provinces away from the setting) :smileyhappy:

so um..yeah, hi! *waves* :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Still trying to figure out all of the ins/outs of this site...How do you get a confirmation? 
"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Distinguished Correspondent
Lil_Irish_Lass
0 Kudos

Paul - you've truly outdone yourself this time. Confirmation emails the next day? It's almost instant gratification, I love it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No sensible man ever engages, unprepared, in a fencing match of words with a woman." - The Woman in White
Frequent Contributor
momoftwinsMM
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm Maxine from Toronto. I look forward to discussing this novel.
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

How fast!!! It was the fastest FL I've already seen. Confirmed!!! Thanks Paul for consideration! And all of the participants for your words! Don't worry, Paul. I'll keep in touch when I receive my book!!!
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

I think this time I'll get my book at the same time!!! WOW!!!
Frequent Contributor
alexia561
0 Kudos

Hello! My name is Terri from Northern NJ. This will be my first First Look book club, so am looking forward to it!
dhaupt
0 Kudos

babzilla41 wrote:
Still trying to figure out all of the ins/outs of this site...How do you get a confirmation? 
You will get a private message that says confirm, when you sign in look right above your statistics which has your name etc.. it'll say dashboard • preferences • messages , if you have a message it will say so.
I hope this helps 

JaneM
0 Kudos

Paul, I'm so discouraged!  So many posts from people who have received their confirmation already, and I sent my email request at 12:39 EDT yesterday.  Did it get lost or were that that many in front of me.  I'll try to be patient!

Jane

Jane M.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

No need to be discouraged -- and this applies to everyone! -- the process on this end is labor intensive. More confirmations will go out early next week, so, as you say, please be patient.

JaneM wrote:

Paul, I'm so discouraged!  So many posts from people who have received their confirmation already, and I sent my email request at 12:39 EDT yesterday.  Did it get lost or were that that many in front of me.  I'll try to be patient!

Jane

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

Hi, I am Vivian from Oklahoma. (Where it is currently running over 100 degrees wayyy too early!) I have been in on all of the first look clubs but two I think. Looking forward to the book and the discussion. It does look very different from the last two, kind of a historical novel maybe? I am up for that!

Oh and Paul, thank you, thank you, thank you, for locking the news, schedules and updates thread right off the top! Wonderful! :smileywink:

Hey Vivian;

Hey there;

So you are in here too!  That is great!  Are you doing other clubs this time? I am going to be some busy this month so don't know if I will take on any more of this month anyway.

Are you all still suffering from all the heat also. ??   We sure are down in Virginia.      Linda

Contributor
stkong7
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Blackinese and I'm looking forward to reading Under This Unbroken Sky.

Contributor
readslots4
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michele and this is my first B&N book club.  I'm really looking forward to this book and even more to the discussion.  I love how books can elicit so many different thoughts and ideas from people.

Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

I'm with you, my confirmation hasn't come yet either. I sent mine late last night. Maybe soon.

Cora

biljounc63
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Another one from the cool and wet Western Massachusetts. I don't have a dog but have two cats who get cranky when I ignore them when I read.... 

A record for the confirmation less than 24 hours.

Patiently waiting for the Weather to improve.. Hopefully before the 11th when I go heat to Maine for vacation. 

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
~ Joseph Addison ~

"Reading lets you visit the world of another"