Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the group, Michele! One of my favorite things about book clubs is the discussion and we have great ones here at B&N. :smileywink:

readslots4 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Michele and this is my first B&N book club.  I'm really looking forward to this book and even more to the discussion.  I love how books can elicit so many different thoughts and ideas from people.

Message Edited by DSaff on 07-02-2009 07:30 PM
DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Terri  :smileyhappy:

alexia561 wrote:
Hello! My name is Terri from Northern NJ. This will be my first First Look book club, so am looking forward to it!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Maxine  :smileyhappy:

momoftwinsMM wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm Maxine from Toronto. I look forward to discussing this novel.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Sensitivemuse!

Sensitivemuse wrote:

Hi!

I just joined and signed up for a copy of this book. I'm from Canada so this sounds close to home :smileyvery-happy: (well I'm a few provinces away from the setting) :smileyhappy:

so um..yeah, hi! *waves* :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Hi there!  I'm Carolyn from northern Virginia.  I am really excited about this latest pick.  I have really enjoyed reading and discussing the FL books, some more than others.  The best thing about this club is the chance to read something outside my comfort zone.  I probably never would have thought about reading Physick Book of Deliverance Dane without this club, and I loved the book and discussion!

Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome Maxine

momoftwinsMM wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm Maxine from Toronto. I look forward to discussing this novel.

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Reader 2
Dorish
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm really excited about taking part in this discussion.  I'm a reading teacher from Texas, I've got three boys and can't wait to read Under The Unbroken Sky.

A room without books is like a body without a soul.
Cicero
Wordsmith
literature

Hi, I'm Sheila from central NJ and this is my first FL book club.  I always seem to miss the open enrollment period and was thrilled when I was able to register today.  Even though this is my first FL book club, I've done quite a few regular online book clubs with B&N and have enjoyed them all.  I also used to take the classes with BNU when BNU was active and I miss those classes.  I am looking forward to receiving the book so I can start it. 
Inspired Contributor
AnnJE
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm Julie from Dallas.  This is my third First Look book.  Loved the first two - can't wait for UNDER THIS UNBROKEN SKY.  Great title!
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Hello fellow readers,

I am Tarri and I live in the northwest corner of Washington state, where it is unseasonable dry and in the 80s. 

I love to read (anything and everything) and discussing these First Look selections really enhances the experience.   

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

BarneyNoble wrote:

Good Afternoon,

I live in beautiful Bucks County, PA.  This is my first time with the First Look Book Club.  Great idea.  Thanks for the opportunity.

Hi BarneyNoble:

Welcome!  I'm from beautiful Bucks County, PA too. I have been around for the last 4 FL reads. I have enjoyed them all (each one for different reasons). I couldn't sleep tonight and decided to see what was happening at Barnes and Noble website. Glad that I checked in and was able to sign up for Under The Unbroken Sky. Sounds like a good one!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Sheila! I remember and miss BNU as well, so I'm glad there are book clubs available for us. The FL groups are especially fun.  :smileyhappy:

literature wrote:
Hi, I'm Sheila from central NJ and this is my first FL book club.  I always seem to miss the open enrollment period and was thrilled when I was able to register today.  Even though this is my first FL book club, I've done quite a few regular online book clubs with B&N and have enjoyed them all.  I also used to take the classes with BNU when BNU was active and I miss those classes.  I am looking forward to receiving the book so I can start it. 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Dorish. What grade do you teach?

Dorish wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm really excited about taking part in this discussion.  I'm a reading teacher from Texas, I've got three boys and can't wait to read Under The Unbroken Sky.

Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Amanda, I live in the Toronto area with my two small children.  Hopefully I'll be included in this first look, the book looks really interesting.   I've been involved in most of them and I've found they just get better, so I'm excited to get reading the newest one. 

Cheers,

Amanda

Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

I also put my request in within the first few minutes of the opening of registration and have not recieved anything yet, however that also happened with the last one, so I'm not concerned.  Paul can only do so much and he'll get around to everyone eventually.  Although it is quite a waiting game.....

Cheers,

Amanda

JaneM wrote:

Paul, I'm so discouraged!  So many posts from people who have received their confirmation already, and I sent my email request at 12:39 EDT yesterday.  Did it get lost or were that that many in front of me.  I'll try to be patient!

Jane

Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85

I just wanted to mention to anyone who read the "Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" that I just saw it in the bookstore and it looks amazing!  I kind of want to buy it just to have the hardcover copy.  The pages are also ridged like an older book or journal.
--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

bookloverjb85 wrote:
I just wanted to mention to anyone who read the "Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" that I just saw it in the bookstore and it looks amazing!  I kind of want to buy it just to have the hardcover copy.  The pages are also ridged like an older book or journal.

I did, couldn't stop myself.  We don't have a bookstore, so my nephew picked it up for me at Costco and had to crawl under the table for the 2nd to the last copy they had.  

Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

Yes!  I just saw it the other day featured at our local bookstore - it's gorgeous.  I love the colour of the boards!  Beautiful - I would paint a room in my house that colour, much to my husband's dismay.

I also saw that it was featured as a suggested summer read in Real Simple magazine - yay!

Cheers,

Amanda

bookloverjb85 wrote:

Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

Hi Literature

I use to take classes from BNU, years ago. Loved Them! I still have notes from a few of them.

I've had the pleasure of a few FL's and am starting to get more involved. As a writer it is a good way to learn by reading many different kinds of books. I look forward to my confirmation and hopefully a shipment.

Cora

>>>> this is my first FL book club.  I always seem to miss the open enrollment period and was thrilled when I was able to register today.  Even though this is my first FL book club, I've done quite a few regular online book clubs with B&N and have enjoyed them all.  I also used to take the classes with BNU when BNU was active and I miss those classes.  I am looking forward to receiving the book so I can start it.  <<<<<<

Contributor
daisy03
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Jody from a small town in southern cal and this is my second first look book.  Really liked of bees & mist and hope this book is discussion is as much fun! :smileyhappy: