Contributor
BambooMom
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, I am Julie and the mom of 2 little ones. This is my third FL book, and I can't wait to get started! I read out loud to my little ones, even my own books (changing or skipping over anything they shouldn't hear yet!), and they love it. This is a great forum!
Frequent Contributor
nbmars
0 Kudos

I agree with fordmg that one of the great things about First Look is that you can check out genres, not to mention authors, with which you might not otherwise have great familiarity.  I have read a couple from First Look and what I really really loved was that I would not have thought to read them otherwise - didn't know about the author, or unfamiliar with the book.  
Inspired Contributor
januttall
0 Kudos

Anna_Louise wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm Anna Louise Downing, living in beautiful, historic Ellicott City, MD between Baltimore and WDC.  This is my first time in First Look.  I'm really excited about reading the book (sounds great) and meeting everyone.  At 45, I decided to return to college to finally complete my degree in Elementary Education in the area of Literacy.  I'm an avid bibliophile and can't wait to get started with the book!!:smileyvery-happy:

Welcome, Anna!  This is a great forum, with lots of thought provoking conversation.
Inspired Contributor
januttall
0 Kudos

jokerc114 wrote:
Hi I am Alicia from southern CT, and I'm very excited since this is my first book through this club

Welcome Alicia!  I'm confident you'll find your first look experience rewarding on a number of levels!
Frequent Contributor
nikki824
0 Kudos

hi everyone.  Love to read. I am from NY!Can't wait to discuss books with everyone.
Correspondent
HannibalCat
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Cathy from Attleboro, MA. I love the First Look club. I am also involved with a person to person club that's the best one I have ever attended. I'm really enjoying both. For anyone who is new to thr First Look club, you are in for a treat. Enjoy!

Frequent Contributor
artist4nature
0 Kudos

I am Joan from northern RI - (finally enjoying 2 days of sunshine) I am looking forward to my 4th book in FL.  Reading and nature art are my favoirte ways to spend time.  I am devouring books from the library since hand surgery has kept out of work -I am anxiously awaiting my copy of  Under This Broken Sky!!!  Should I look for the UPS truck or maybe a Canadian goose delivery:smileywink: 
Distinguished Correspondent
Thayer
0 Kudos

Hey Y'all,

I am Dawn from northern middle Tennessee. I have been involved in most of the First Look discussions and they just keep getting better!

I am a wife and mother of a 25 year old son and new daughter-in law! My husband and I live with our "empty nest puppy" Nola- a Cairn Terrier who doesn't realize that she's a dog.  :smileywink:

While I have enjoyed some of the First Look selections more than others, I have never failed to be enlightened, entertained and educated within this forum. This selection is just my "cup of tea."   (Make mine iced-and sweet, if you please!)   :smileyvery-happy:

~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
Inspired Contributor
pode
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm Paulette from Minneapolis back for the 4th time.  This one sounds intriguing.  Thanks B & N for access to these new books and for facilitating these discussions!!

Pode

"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?"
â Henry Ward Beecher
Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

I'm Nancy. I just signed up and hope I have a chance to participate again. I love reading the books selected for this program. It's a wonderful opportunity to ask questions of the author as well as the editor and often the publisher.

Can't wait!

Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am from northwest NJ. I have 3 children 16, 13 and 12 and one Pit Bull who is afraid of her own shadow.

This looks like another winner that B&N has picked.

Reader 2
tigger2lee
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Jennifer, I do hope I get to participate as this will be my first First look.  I'm looking forward to reading new books before they hit the shelves!
Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

Got my confirmation on Saturday (I think! It's all blending together).  I wanted to say thank you Paul for the hard work you do (& fast too).  I would have thanked you earlier but had a 3' swimming pool in my overly stuffed basement.  Oh well at least it happed before the reading schedule.

Elaine

DSaff wrote:

I just got my confirmation as well! Thankfully, I have plenty to read before this one comes. Thanks, Paul and your helpful elves.  :smileywink:

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

Thanks for making me feel so welcomed!!!  I'm so anxious; still no confirmation but that's okay as I have an eight page final paper due on Friday for my Philosophy class.  Can't wait to get started though!  Enjoy your Mondays!

Anna Louise

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie:  Thanks for the info.   Answered my question!
"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

Yay!    I just got my confirmation.  So excited.  Thanks so much Paul!

Cheers,

Amanda

Contributor
mjc_813
0 Kudos

Hi! I hope all had a wonderful 4th.  My name is Melissa and I live in centeral Florida near the Gulf of Mexico.  I am looking forward to reading this book. 

New User
angel_face
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm a newbie; I'm also a wild lady with a huge appetite for juicy books. My roots and limbs are based in Western Mass. It is where a play, work and live. I am very excited to be joining you folks.

Happy reading!

Contributor
edelweissAM
0 Kudos

Hi !  My name is Anne and I am a little shy, so it has taken me awhile to start taking part in the discussions but I have enjoyed reading everyone thougths so much. Now I am ready to participate and hope to join in the discussion of "Under This Unbroken Sky".
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Melissa  =)

mjc_813 wrote:

Hi! I hope all had a wonderful 4th.  My name is Melissa and I live in centeral Florida near the Gulf of Mexico.  I am looking forward to reading this book. 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com