Correspondent
Stewies_Mom
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Update to all:

Wow, I am gripped by this story.  I am making notes as I read so I'll have reference points when the posts begin, but have promised myself I'll stay on track (no lagging, no racing forward) so everything will be as fresh as possible in my mind!

Stewies_Mom wrote:
I came home today to find my ARC on my porch and I was so excited.  I never got an acceptance message and since this is my first FL, I assumed I didn't make it in.  I am truly happy to have the privilege to participate.  I look forward to the book club experience and am thrilled to have the chance at discussion with Ms. Mitchell herself.  I will make myself follow the schedule, as I don't want to miss anything!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

marciliogq wrote:

After a long absence I'm back! I was too busy with my university tasks. So many obligations!

I can't wait for our discussion. I'm enjoying the book so much. The story is involving. It's completely different of previous ones. They also were involving but the plot is very different. See you soon!

Great to have you back and this time with book in hand!! 

Correspondent
DiniB
0 Kudos

Nancy625 wrote:
Hi I'm Nancy.  I live with a dog and a man out here in the outback of Nebraska.  I am looking forward to reading this book because in the timeframe of the book my ansestors were stuggling on a homestead in Nebraska.  Talk to you all soon,  Nancy

Hi Nancy - I like how you listed the dog first!  :smileyhappy:
Goodreads ID: dinib
Correspondent
DiniB
0 Kudos

Hello from foggy SF, CA (soon to be Northern NJ)!  I am 37, married with 2 Cairn Terriers.  This is my 3rd consecutive FL book.
Goodreads ID: dinib
Contributor
grapes63
0 Kudos

I know. "This Unbroken Sky" is quite a book. My memory is unreliable. So, I should take notes too. I'm so engrossed with the story I hate to stop and write.
Reader 2
danielwitkus
0 Kudos

My Daniel Witkus, I am a senior in a high school in Pennyslvania, and I love to read. :smileywink:
New User
stacers
0 Kudos

I'm a 34 year old teacher and mother of 2 from Michigan. Just started reading, about 2 chapters in. So far so good!
New User
Lola10502
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Laura from Indiana.  This is my first time in the FL book club.  It sounded like an interesting concept, so I thought I'd give it a try.  Here goes nothin!!  I live with my husband Josh and our pug Eddie.
New User
krelba
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.  I'm Kristy in Texas and this is my first First Look discussion.  I'm looking forward to it.
Inspired Correspondent
Read-n-Rider
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi, Daniel, stacers, Laura and Kristy--and welcome!  This is a great group of booklovers; I expect you'll feel at home here. Don't be shy; feel free to jump right in when the discussion starts on Monday!

Joan

Message Edited by Read-n-Rider on 08-01-2009 07:55 PM
Frequent Contributor
nfmgirl
0 Kudos

Hello! Heather and the ZooCrew here in southwest Florida. This is my second FL.

Heather
http://cerebralgirl.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Eckwell
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.  My name is Ann and I live in northern Ohio.  I have been a member of the First Look Book Club since the 3rd book or so.  I have enjoyed the different selections.  Almost all of the books are ones that I probably would not have picked to read on my own.  I am reading "Under This Unbroken Sky" and am liking it thus far.
New User
BookwormVA
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm Linda from northern Virginia and this is my first First Look.  Finished the book a couple of days ago and I'm really looking forward to the discussion tomorrow.

Frequent Contributor
GrammiT
0 Kudos

Hi, Everyone!  I am Susan from the metro-east area of St. Louis.  I am a little behind on my reading, but I intend to catch up & am looking forward to the discussion.  Happy Reading!
Contributor
grapes63
0 Kudos

Hi Kristy,

I've never been to Texas. My husband went there years ago. He went to Big Sandy. Enjoy your first discussion.

Frequent Contributor
cmmn
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Cheryl from Minnesota.  This is my first "First Look" book.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I started Under This Unbroken Sky and couldn't put it down. 

Frequent Contributor
love2readSZ
0 Kudos

Cheryl, You picked a good one to start with.  This is my 3rd First Look book and is my favorite.  Can't wait to start discussing.

Susanne

Contributor
Breezy000
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, my name is Alicia and I live in Kansas City, MO.  Books and reading are a passion - so much so that I have my own home library.  This is my first B&N book discussion so I am looking forward to it immensely.  I cannot wait to discuss the book - it was very thought provoking.

Thank you Barnes and Noble for offering such a great program!

Contributor
mroet
0 Kudos

Hello - I am Melissa and i live in Little Rock, Arkansas.  I am thrilled to be reading this book.
Inspired Correspondent
jclay26
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! Nice to be in another discussion with you all. I have to do some catching up though. I have participated in all the First Look discussions so far and I have learned so much from them. I am sure I will learn even more throughout this discussion.
What you have to do...is trust your own story. Get the hell out of the way and let it tell itself. - Tim O'Brien; The Things They Carried