Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

Welcome and Introductions

Hi everyone!

Please introduce yourself here.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi I'm Debbie from a little town near St. Louis, MO. I just signed up and the book sounds wonderful!
New User
cherrylv1
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Cherryl from a not-so-small city in California.  I am looking forward to reading this book and participating in the ensuing discussions.  :smileyhappy:
Inspired Wordsmith
CathyB
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm Cathy for central NJ. This book sounds very interesting! The discussion should be great!!

Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Marcílio from Brazil and this is my 7h First Look. Hope we get great discussions as we had with our two last books.
Distinguished Correspondent
Lil_Irish_Lass
0 Kudos

I'm Susan from NH, this will be my 3rd First Look... I loved Of Bees and Mist. This one is very different from the last two FL selections.

It sounds like it'll bring out a good discussion though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No sensible man ever engages, unprepared, in a fencing match of words with a woman." - The Woman in White
Contributor
shannonbh
0 Kudos

Hi all! I'm Shannon from a small town in the upstate of South Carolina.  Looking forward to a great discussion to fill this time while the kiddos are out of school! :smileyhappy:
Shadowwolf36
0 Kudos

Hi I am Sue and I have lost count of how many FL books I have done....LOL...this one sounds really interesting to me especially since I am Canadian :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
kren250
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Kelly from Iowa; married, with three young children. This is my 4th First Look book. This new book sounds great, and like something I'll really enjoy.
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! I'm Donna, and I love to read. I am from Western MA and live with my husband and our dog Oscar. It has been a real pleasure/treat to be involved in First Look, and I hope to be in on this one as well. It sounds really good!  :smileywink:
DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Elaine and I live here in Western Massachusetts 2 year old, 1 year old and 2 dogs.  Reading is a good escape from the hustle and bustle that I call my life.  I thouroughly loved the last First Look book Of Bees and Mist (which was my 1st First Look) and look forward to this one (if I am confirmed).:smileywink:

Elaine

Contributor
BarneyNoble
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

I live in beautiful Bucks County, PA.  This is my first time with the First Look Book Club.  Great idea.  Thanks for the opportunity.

Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I'm Beth and I am from Wisconsin. I really enjoyed the last 2 First Look books and the discussions. This one looks good too and am looking forward to participating.
Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm Kathy and live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.  I have participated in a couple FL discussions and enjoyed them tremendously.  I am looking forward to participating once again. This book sounds like it will be very interesting.
Frequent Contributor
love2readSZ
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Susanne from Western Massachusetts and this is my 3rd FLB.  I just love novels set in different countries and haven't read too books set in Canada, the home of my ancesters.

Looking forward to reading and discussing.

Reader 2
rrc1
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone,

I just registered for the book, and am looking forward to reading it.

Joan

Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm Dawn from Long Island. I am really looking forward to this First Look selection - it sounds like a great book - I'm also looking forward to our always great book discussions here at First Look at B&N.com! 

:smileyvery-happy:

Dawn

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Vivian from Oklahoma. (Where it is currently running over 100 degrees wayyy too early!) I have been in on all of the first look clubs but two I think. Looking forward to the book and the discussion. It does look very different from the last two, kind of a historical novel maybe? I am up for that!

Oh and Paul, thank you, thank you, thank you, for locking the news, schedules and updates thread right off the top! Wonderful! :smileywink:

Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
JaneM
0 Kudos

I'm Jane, an avid reader, from a not so small town in sunny Southern California.  I have participated in several FL's and am hoping for another rousing discussion as we had in Bees & Mist!
Jane M.
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

Hi! I am Luanne from Minnesota.

This sounds like an interesting book. It is a good time in history for a story.

Hopefully we will get a flavor of Canadian history during this time.

Looks like a nice change of pace from what I have been reading.

Definitely looking for a good discussion.

pen21