Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

I have received my confirmation today. Happy days are here again!
Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
New User
tristannic
0 Kudos

Short and yet so well put and discriptive.

babzilla41 wrote:
Confirmed.  Funny how one word can turn your day around and put a smile on your face!

New User
tristannic
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by tristannic on 07-07-2009 03:44 PM
New User
tristannic
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by tristannic on 07-07-2009 03:43 PM
New User
tristannic
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Message Edited by tristannic on 07-07-2009 03:45 PM
Inspired Correspondent
bookloverjb85
0 Kudos

Got my confirmation today!!  Excited that I get to be part of another First Look book!!

--Jen--

"A house without books is like a room without windows."--Horace Mann
New User
kayce
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Kayce.  I live near St. Louis and can't wait to read and discuss this book with everyone!
Frequent Contributor
judycarr
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am excited to have received my confirmation.....I think this book sounds really interesting. 

If anyone gets bored while waiting for the ARC of our book, I have recently read two outstanding novels and would highly recommend both.  They are The Embers by Wyatt Bass and The Weight of Heaven by Thrity Umrigar.  Enjoy!!

I look forward to chatting with you all!

Distinguished Correspondent
emmagrace
0 Kudos

Hello again everyone! I am excited to be here with all of you again. I can not wait to receive my book and dig in. I look forward to discussing this months selection with all of you!!

Lisa

Wordsmith
maude40
0 Kudos

Just got my confirmation and can't wait for another great discussion. I'm Yvonne from Michigan  and I've been in all the First Look book club selections. They've all been great books and I'm so grateful to Barnes and Noble for this opportunity to discuss these books with the authors. Can't wait for the book to arrive. Yvonne
New User
scoll
0 Kudos

Hi My name is Sky from Oklahoma and looking forward to it! Confirmed today and I was so excited!!
Inspired Contributor
JoyZ
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  My name is Joy and I live in a small town in southern California.  This is my second FLB.  The first one I did was over a year ago.  I'm looking forward to this one.
Inspired Correspondent
ladybug74
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Lynn and I live in Southeast Alabama with my husband, daughter, 2 dogs, and more chickens than we can keep count of! This will be my 3rd First Look book. I have also read (and enjoyed) the last 2 selections. I look forward to reading this one and hope to stay on track with the schedule this time since I just finished my last class for graduate school! (Yay!) All I have left is finishing up my internship!
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew

Hi,

I have moved 13 or 14 times and lived in NY, NJ, MA, FL, CT, MN, (hence thewanderingjew). Books and stationery were pretty much my only steady companions for a long time. They travel well and they are very loyal!

I think Minnesota turned out to be my all time favorite place to live. The people are genuine. The climate leaves a bit to be desired but it never seems to stop anyone from enjoying life. Now the politics are another story, Ventura and Franken are unusual picks.

twj

Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

So many new names! This FL promises a wonderful discussion! Welcome to all!
Distinguished Correspondent
chris227
0 Kudos

Hi all!  Christina from NJ.  I'm am married with an 18 month old daughter an an RN working on a telemetry unit.  I look forward to another First Look book and another great discussion with my fellow First Lookers!
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Sky! Your name, this book - what a match! :smileyhappy:

scoll wrote:
Hi My name is Sky from Oklahoma and looking forward to it! Confirmed today and I was so excited!!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Kayce!  :smileywink:

kayce wrote:
Hi, my name is Kayce.  I live near St. Louis and can't wait to read and discuss this book with everyone!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff

Congratulations, Lynn  :smileywink: Best wishes for a smooth internship.

ladybug74 wrote:
Hi! My name is Lynn and I live in Southeast Alabama with my husband, daughter, 2 dogs, and more chickens than we can keep count of! This will be my 3rd First Look book. I have also read (and enjoyed) the last 2 selections. I look forward to reading this one and hope to stay on track with the schedule this time since I just finished my last class for graduate school! (Yay!) All I have left is finishing up my internship!

Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

I think of all the first Look books, The Sister was my least favorite.  The author wasn't very up beat in the discussions either.  She took offence to any critisim and/or questions about her writing.

MG

bookowlie wrote:

Donna, I'll let you know how I like The Sister.  I usually like something a little more upbeat, but I am going to give it a whirl in the spirit of the FL club!

Carolyn

DSaff wrote:

I'll be interested in how you like The Sister, bookowlie. I enjoyed the book with all of its psychological components.

bookowlie wrote:

I received my confirmation today - hip hip hooray!  Thanks Paul!

I took The Sister out of the library yesterday.  It was one of the earlier First Look books.  I want to read the earlier FL's from before I found out about this wonderful club.  The Sister seems a little creepy based on the description, but that's part of what I love about First Look - trying out books you might ordinarily not think of reading.