0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi Doria here. Can't wait to begin the discussions
Reader 2
Goochy627
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My name is Wendy. I am from Central Pa. and I am looking foward to discussing Under This Broken Sky. I am also looking foward to meeting some fellow bookworms.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

nlsamson wrote:
I am currently about 50 pages away from finishing Best Friends Forever, and it has been fantastic.  Nice light reading.  I agree with DSaff, please read Prayers for Sale.  And welcome!
I read BFF over the weekend and like all of Jennifer's books I loved it. What a great storyteller she is. And I just love all of her lovable and eccentric and damaged and down but never out characters.
I also read Loving Frank for my in-person book club and what a tragic love story that was. 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Dora. Welcome to the group. :smileyhappy:

doriavoss wrote:
Hi Doria here. Can't wait to begin the discussions

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Wendy. Welcome back to FL. :smileywink:

Goochy627 wrote:

Hi ,

My name is Wendy. I am from Central Pa. and I am looking foward to discussing Under This Broken Sky. I am also looking foward to meeting some fellow bookworms.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Tara!  :smileywink:

Elisant wrote:
Hi all!  My name is Tara and this is my first time with FL.  I just got my book on Friday and am sooooo excited to start reading!  :smileysurprised:)

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I just finished reading the first Twilight book. I was reading it because my daughter was and my son's girlfriend were reading the series. Also I was curious about all the hoopla on the TV and the movies being made. The book was good, I will keep reading the series. I wouldn't say it was a great book. Now iIneed to watch the movie.

pen21

DSaff wrote:

Welcome back, LKLO! Your list of books is great. I read The Shack and loved it, as I hope you do. I also read the entire Twilight series and enjoyed it as well (I am 50 something LOL). You might like Prayers For Sale as well. I highly recommend it. Happy reading!  :smileywink:

LKLO wrote:

I am a mother of four in Oregon.......and I love reading, but don't have the time!  We just moved into a new home, and when I unpacked all my unread books and carefully placed them in my new library, it made me sad.  There are so many I haven't gotten to yet.  I have, therefore, fervently renewed my goal to read more each day........even when I think I don't have the time.  All three of my college students are home for the summer, so in the Fall, when I'm down to one high-schooler, I hope to finish all the books I've started on my nightstand.

This is my second First Look book.  First one was The Sister.

Other books I am reading are:  Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner, The Shack by William P. Young, Die Trying by Lee Childs, The Whiskey Rebels by David Liss, and Mosaic by Amy Grant.

Am trying to get through Twilight because my 20-year-old daughter, who generally doesn't read, couldn't put it down.  Can't quite see what the fuss is about, and am having a hard time getting through it.

I like to have a myriad of genre's going at once, as you can see!

Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I just finished reading the first Twilight book. I was reading it because my daughter was and my son's girlfriend were reading the series. Also I was curious about all the hoopla on the TV and the movies being made. The book was good, I will keep reading the series. I wouldn't say it was a great book. Now iIneed to watch the movie.

pen21

I read the Twilight books because my granddaughter was reading them.  I then got the movie from the Library.  I was disappointed in the movie.  Even though it follows the book closer than most movies, the characters did not match my imagination of what they should look like.  I didn't see Edward as beautiful and 17.   He is dark and looks older than the Bella character.   I didn't see the Rosalee character as the "most beautiful" either.   They changed Bella's high school friends to match the fan base which is a nice touch, but that also changed the story.   Oh well, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

MG

Contributor
Nancy625
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Nancy.  I live with a dog and a man out here in the outback of Nebraska.  I am looking forward to reading this book because in the timeframe of the book my ansestors were stuggling on a homestead in Nebraska.  Talk to you all soon,  Nancy
New User
bungeedog
0 Kudos

Hi, I am bungeedog and am from Montana.
Contributor
mjc_813
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Melissa and I am from the "Sunshine" state.  This looks like a very good read.  I have my copy but I have put time aside this week to get started.  I am a Paralegal and right now the only thing I am reading is the Internal Revenue Code and any kind of tax case there is.  So, I am really looking forward to reading a good book.

Talk to you soon.

Mix
New User
Mix
0 Kudos

Hello from another in Montana. Devoured this "compelling" book in a couple of days.  Great read but will not say more and risk giving anything away.

Glad I've been included!

Contributor
Kathy17
0 Kudos

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm Kathy from Pennsylvania. I've received my copy of Under This Unbroken Sky and have started reading it. Looking forward to discussing it with everyone.
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

After a long absence I'm back! I was too busy with my university tasks. So many obligations!

I can't wait for our discussion. I'm enjoying the book so much. The story is involving. It's completely different of previous ones. They also were involving but the plot is very different. See you soon!

Contributor
JeniferKAllison
0 Kudos

Hi There.  I'm Jen, a mother and wife.  We currently live in Virginia Beach, we move often. 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome back, Marcil!

marciliogq wrote:

After a long absence I'm back! I was too busy with my university tasks. So many obligations!

I can't wait for our discussion. I'm enjoying the book so much. The story is involving. It's completely different of previous ones. They also were involving but the plot is very different. See you soon!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Jen. A really nice feature of this and other BN book clubs is that they are portable. :smileywink:

JeniferKAllison wrote:

Hi There.  I'm Jen, a mother and wife.  We currently live in Virginia Beach, we move often. 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Kathy!

Kathy17 wrote:
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm Kathy from Pennsylvania. I've received my copy of Under This Unbroken Sky and have started reading it. Looking forward to discussing it with everyone.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Wow, Melissa. I haven't started reading this book yet (tomorrow is the day!) but I think I can safely say it will be more relaxing and inviting than tax codes/cases. LOL 

mjc_813 wrote:

Hi, my name is Melissa and I am from the "Sunshine" state.  This looks like a very good read.  I have my copy but I have put time aside this week to get started.  I am a Paralegal and right now the only thing I am reading is the Internal Revenue Code and any kind of tax case there is.  So, I am really looking forward to reading a good book.

Talk to you soon.

Wordsmith
ponie
0 Kudos

mjc_813 wrote:

Talk to you soon.

Hey! mjc_813!!  Where exactly in the Sunshine state?  I was born and raised in Pensacola (now living in MN - come winter I will be saying again, "what was I thinking???").  I have brothers in Panama City and Winter Park and Stuart.

The first day of discussion draws nearer...

ponie