Contributor
Arsenic
0 Kudos

Re: About Vixen and Jillian Larkin

This really caught my attention! Here's hoping it will be an early birthday present! Hope I get picked!

Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

candisita wrote:

The Great Gadsby is one of my all time favorites, and while I'm not usually a huge Romance fan, the hint of deception and intrigue make me hopeful about the book and series.  I'm certainly not a YA any longer, but it's nice to be able to pre-read and reccommend to the YA's in my life. 

And, Twilight was a YA, and look at the audience that series grew!  I wish Jill Larkin all the same luck!

Candice

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
Edgar A. Poe

http://candicehuey.blogspot.com/

Hi Candice,

Love your E. A. Poe quote.  One of the best ones I've seen!

Kim

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

I love the way you put that, especially for us "older ones"! This sounds like a really good book to me!  Still waiting to be confirmed!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hey Hookedonbooks09,

I truly find your comment great about how folks of that era knew or had a inkling about party'n it up before the hit of the Great Depression.  

Welcome

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

TudorRose wrote:

candisita wrote:

The Great Gadsby is one of my all time favorites, and while I'm not usually a huge Romance fan, the hint of deception and intrigue make me hopeful about the book and series.  I'm certainly not a YA any longer, but it's nice to be able to pre-read and reccommend to the YA's in my life. 

And, Twilight was a YA, and look at the audience that series grew!  I wish Jill Larkin all the same luck!

Candice

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
Edgar A. Poe

Hi Candice,

Kim

Hi.. "The Great Gatsby "Had so much more,as Candice posted,A Fascinating era..Excited to read "Vixon".Not a YA myself,I find myself being drawn to YA Authors,which are in my world,Good,new writers..And then its great to recommend and Gifting to The YA's in my life...SusanVTC..

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

TudorRose wrote:

candisita wrote:

Candice

Edgar A. Poe

Hi Candice,

Kim

Hi.. "The Great Gatsby "Had so much more,as Candice posted,A Fascinating era..Excited to read "Vixon".Not a YA myself,I find myself being drawn to YA Authors,which are in my world,Good,new writers..And then its great to recommend and Gifting to The YA's in my life...SusanVTC..

When I read about Vixen, I was thinking Great Gatsby too. One of my favorite Fitzgerald books.

Reader
SeeMichelleRead
0 Kudos

This reminds me a little of the premise for the LUXE series (which I loved) but set in the 20s (which is an incredibly intriguing era). Can't wait to see if it's just as high-drama and fun!

Inspired Contributor
shmy

Actually the Luxe author is doing a 1920 series too. I'll probably check that one out too

Bright Young Things

Contributor
smurfyabs
0 Kudos

I'm very excited to dig in to this one! It's nice to see something a little different. It's been a while since I was a YA, but I do still enjoy YA fiction. I can't wait!

Contributor
Infinitely
0 Kudos

I really enjoy a good romance novel especially one that's filled with intrigue!  Can't wait to read it!

Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

I like the 20's and looking forward to reading Jillian's book.

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

I'm still hoping to be confirmed, but this looks like a great book.  I love what I've read so far in the post and I'm intrigued about book.  Can't wait to crack it open.  Waiting patiently for an email with the magic word.

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

blkeyesuzi wrote:

I'm still hoping to be confirmed, but this looks like a great book.  I love what I've read so far in the post and I'm intrigued about book.  Can't wait to crack it open.  Waiting patiently for an email with the magic word.

Not Confirmed yet either,this week bikeyesuzi,,Paul had posted,,Looking forward to Vixon...Something different..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Sounds like a great read! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

I love reading romantic YA historical fiction like the Luxe series and 1920s stories like the Great Gatsby, so I'm looking forward to Vixen. I haven't seen the movie mentioned as one of Jillian's inspirations but I have seen Splendor in the Grass,which it reminds me of, and love that movie for its 20s setting :robothappy: can't wait to read Vixen!

www.BeguileThySorrorrow.blogspot.com

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare
New User
ErinT817
0 Kudos

Sounds great! I can't wait to see for myself:smileyhappy:

Contributor
sunnyseattle
0 Kudos

Really looking forward to reading this with all of you.  At 40 I am not YA either but I do share books with a few YAs.  Some of my favorite reads lately have been is the YA genre.  Alway been attracted to the 20's.  Can't wait!

Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

I'm very excited about this book.  I've never read a book revolving around the 20's.  I am not a YA, I'm in my 40's but love the YA genre.  Can't wait!.  

Donna

Contributor
I_heart_you
0 Kudos

Got my confirmation, but no book yet...waiting waiting!

I've never read anything about the 20's, so I'm really looking forward to this!

I'm a geek and I love it!
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

How many other books does author Jillian have out thus far?

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color