Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

About Vixen and Jillian Larkin

Every girl wants what she can’t have. Seventeen-year-old Gloria Carmody wants the flapper lifestyle—and the bobbed hair, cigarettes, and music-filled nights that go with it. Now that she’s engaged to Sebastian Grey, scion of one of Chicago’s most powerful families, Gloria’s party days are over before they’ve even begun . . . or are they?

Clara Knowles, Gloria’s goody-two-shoes cousin, has arrived to make sure the high-society wedding comes off without a hitch—but Clara isn’t as lily-white as she appears. Seems she has some dirty little secrets of her own that she’ll do anything to keep hidden. . . .

Lorraine Dyer, Gloria’s social-climbing best friend, is tired of living in Gloria’s shadow. When Lorraine’s envy spills over into desperate spite, no one is safe. And someone’s going to be very sorry. . . .

From debut author Jillian Larkin, VIXEN is the first novel in the sexy, dangerous, and ridiculously romantic new series set in the Roaring Twenties . . . when anything goes.

About Jillian Larkin

Jillian Larkin’s fascination with flappers and the 1920s began during her childhood, which included frequent home screenings of the classic Julie Andrews/Carol Channing film Thoroughly Modern Millie. She lives in New York.

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Re: About Vixen and Jillian Larkin

Oh this looks like fun!

Distinguished Correspondent
flouncyninja
0 Kudos

While romance novels aren't my usual style, I love the setting of the 1920s, so hopefully I get accepted!

Leslie

Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

OOOOHHHHH this looks so good!!! I will be waiting on pins and needles for a confirmation!  It seems like it will be another can't put down book.

:smileyhappy:
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Scribe
DSaff

This looks great. It has made me think that it is time to read "The Great Gatsby" again.  :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

This is the same era when Agatha Christie's first novel came out and after all the discussions on the mystery board, this novel really seems to fit in.

Looking forward to another great read!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

I hope I get a confirmation!  I am a fan of YA, but not really a YA anymore....but I can't hep but love it...sounds so darn good!  Fingers crossed!

You are the author of your own life story.
Frequent Contributor
vpenning
0 Kudos

This looks really good.:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

This looks fantastic! I'm a huge fan of this era and this book looks like it will be a great read!

April
Correspondent
StewiesMom
0 Kudos

Seconded!

Zia01 wrote:

Oh this looks like fun!

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**
Correspondent
Atreyu59

I love romance because it "rekindles the love" within all of us, or at least the dreams of times gone by (for us older ones) . . . . 

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Contributor
katemac08
0 Kudos

looks like a good one!!

Contributor
MsTweet
0 Kudos

Ooh, this does look good!

Frequent Contributor
hookedonbooks09
0 Kudos

I'm always amazed at writers (especially new ones!) who have a whole series in their plans!  I know I don't think on the same level as that.  So I'm looking forward to Jillian's book and the promise of a nice series to hook into! 

I loved Thoroughly Modern Millie, too.  There was something so cavalier and exciting about that era.  As though they somehow knew they should be living it up--- before the Great Depression hit!

Thanks for sharing your new book with us, Jillian---so looking forward to it!

--Barb

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Sounds like a really good book, I can't wait to be confirmed!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Frequent Contributor
gackie
0 Kudos

I agree with everyone else this book looks like a good one!

Inspired Contributor
shmy
0 Kudos

flouncyninja wrote:

I love the setting of the 1920s, so hopefully I get accepted!

Leslie

This is what caught my eye actually. But I do like romantic novels <3 hehe

Contributor
SeaLue
0 Kudos

I'm not much of a romance reader, but I have to say I am intrigued by this subject.  Very interesting era to base a YA on.

New User
candisita

The Great Gadsby is one of my all time favorites, and while I'm not usually a huge Romance fan, the hint of deception and intrigue make me hopeful about the book and series.  I'm certainly not a YA any longer, but it's nice to be able to pre-read and reccommend to the YA's in my life. 

And, Twilight was a YA, and look at the audience that series grew!  I wish Jill Larkin all the same luck!

Candice

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
Edgar A. Poe

http://candicehuey.blogspot.com/