Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Re: Books are arriving!

[ Edited ]

Yay! I got my book today! I am in MA. So if any of you awesome New England people out there haven't gotten your book yet, then don't worry it should come soon! =D I really like the cover of this book and I just can't wait to start reading it =) Anyway the last time I said what I was reading I kinda finised lol So this is what I am reading right now:

The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus Series #1) 

The Scorch Trials 

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner: Book Cover

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

I am just like you Susan, I got my book today also and am anxious to get started on it, but will wait till I see the schedule/you said you saw it, so I will look for it and get started as soon as I can!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

The Big Brown Truck pulled up right in front of my house this afternoon and....

delivered a package to my neighbor across the street! :smileysad:

Hopefully I will get "Vixened" tomorrow!  Can't wait to start reading.  And I'm jealous of you new englanders who got the book today!  Enjoy reading!

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Contributor
MommaBrikz
0 Kudos

Waiting for my book but I'm currently reading "A Fractured Mind" in paperback form and "Kell's Legend" on my nook.  

Inspired Contributor
Sapphire329
0 Kudos

StewiesMom wrote:

I'm on the west coast.  I'm feeling a little envious about the delivery to you east coasters!  Soon, soon!

Me too. I yelled at my husband today for hoarder the mail but it just hasn't come yet. I'm on the west coast as well

Contributor
alie
0 Kudos

Hey all

I have been mia from the boards for a week or two.  looking back at posts on this board I recognize several of your names from the Crescendo first look.  I haven't gotten my book yet... Time to wait impatiently. lol.  hopefully it will get here soon.  I just finished reading Kisses from hell, a collection of short vampire stories.  Now I am debating starting Eclipse again, or starting the Sacred Oath by d.c. Grace.  One of my friend recently read the second one and swears it's better than twilight... So we shall see...  enjoy looking forward to talking to ya'll.

Love ya
~Stacy~
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Kittysmom wrote:

I am just like you Susan, I got my book today also and am anxious to get started on it, but will wait till I see the schedule/you said you saw it, so I will look for it and get started as soon as I can!

Hi Kittysmom,,I did read the first chapter. ; ).But put it down,until I know more about the schedule..Even though it was posted,I wonder if it will be like "Crescendo".. Reading "Outlander" for the first time..I must've been in a bubble,great story..Also started 'The False Friend"Myla Goldberg..Very good so far...Looking forward to seeing posts That All Have received "Vixen" by Friday.. Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

The Vixen has made its way into Central New York.  Looking forward to reading and discussing.

b

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Kittysmom wrote:

Hi Kittysmom,,I did read the first chapter. ; ).But put it down,until I know more about the schedule..Even though it was posted,I wonder if it will be like "Crescendo".. Reading "Outlander" for the first time..I must've been in a bubble,great story..Also started 'The False Friend"Myla Goldberg..Very good so far...Looking forward to seeing posts That All Have received "Vixen" by Friday.. Susan

Hi Susan, so you're going to be joining the ever growing fans of the Outlander series. I can't think of a better series than that one, you just need to dedicate so much time to it that sometimes they get pushed back for me. I'm not quite caught up with the series yet. I'll be waiting to hear what you think of it when it's over.

Oh and btw I'm jealous of all you who have received Vixen, here in the wilds of Missouri I'm still waiting. Maybe today 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Kittysmom wrote:

Hi Susan, so you're going to be joining the ever growing fans of the Outlander series. I can't think of a better series than that one, you just need to dedicate so much time to it that sometimes they get pushed back for me. I'm not quite caught up with the series yet. I'll be waiting to hear what you think of it when it's over.

Oh and btw I'm jealous of all you who have received Vixen, here in the wilds of Missouri I'm still waiting. Maybe today 

I know Deb  I had to find out how many Pages Because on My BellaBlkberry its difficult to tell..I agree must be dedicated..But its so addictive,that just knowing that I can get all the books at different times,,and not have to wait,you know waiting is so Hard,I will read it between other books..So Good..I heard in your "Neck of The Woods,there are Lions and Tigers and Bears.".So UPS Will be Dropping The Book from Their UPS Plane..to land on you "Doorstep'''So today,or tomorrow..Look up and hope the Package doesn't hit you in the head...LOL Susan..

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I haven't seen the weekly break down yet. If you have, could you let me know please?  :smileywink:

Vermontcozy wrote:

I was so surprised when I returned home to see The BN Package leaning against my door.I  am in VT , so we should all have our books soon..  ; ) .Donna the schedule is posted..I just saw it...I am tempted,but like to read  just a little closer to the date...Best Susan...

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Kittysmom wrote:

I know Deb  I had to find out how many Pages Because on My BellaBlkberry its difficult to tell..I agree must be dedicated..But its so addictive,that just knowing that I can get all the books at different times,,and not have to wait,you know waiting is so Hard,I will read it between other books..So Good..I heard in your "Neck of The Woods,there are Lions and Tigers and Bears.".So UPS Will be Dropping The Book from Their UPS Plane..to land on you "Doorstep'''So today,or tomorrow..Look up and hope the Package doesn't hit you in the head...LOL Susan..

Susan you are lucky. It is a long wait between her books. But they are worth the wait.

I also like the Clan of the Cave Bear series. Paul just posted the first one as an eBook is currently is 1.99. I really like this series too. And the 6th book The Land of Painted Caves is coming out in March 2011.

Debbie, watch out for those Lions, Tigers, and Bears. My neighborhood is mostly cats and dogs.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

DSaff wrote:

I haven't seen the weekly break down yet. If you have, could you let me know please?  :smileywink:

Vermontcozy wrote:

I was so surprised when I returned home to see The BN Package leaning against my door.I  am in VT , so we should all have our books soon..  ; ) .Donna the schedule is posted..I just saw it...I am tempted,but like to read  just a little closer to the date...Best Susan...

Donna I think you are right We need The Weekly, to schedule our other books..not just discuss the whole book,because of how its written....We will watch for it..I did read the First Chapter..I just had to : ) Did you? Susan

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

pen21 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Kittysmom wrote:

Susan you are lucky. It is a long wait between her books. But they are worth the wait.

I also like the Clan of the Cave Bear series. Paul just posted the first one as an eBook is currently is 1.99. I really like this series too. And the 6th book The Land of Painted Caves is coming out in March 2011.

Debbie, watch out for those Lions, Tigers, and Bears. My neighborhood is mostly cats and dogs.

Hi Pen,Debbie..Will have a look at Pauls picks for sure.The Outlander series was suggested by KPerry;.Will have a look at all D. Gabaldon.books.......Pen we have a few wild animals roaming around,but mostly Deer..some Bears,late at night.....Just hope tomorrow is a big day for all..Susan

Scribe
DSaff

I haven't opened the book yet, but it is calling!!!

Vermontcozy wrote:

DSaff wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Donna I think you are right We need The Weekly, to schedule our other books..not just discuss the whole book,because of how its written....We will watch for it..I did read the First Chapter..I just had to : ) Did you? Susan

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

I always like to see the cover when I first open the package from B&N.

Then I will look at the reviews and the dedications at the beginning.

It is exciting to get a new book before it is even on the shelf at the book stores.

Contributor
erica11
0 Kudos

I'm on the westcoast still waiting for mine.  It's killing me!

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Re: Previous First Look, WAY First Look, and Sneak Peek books

I have read all of the P C Cast books, and I really enjoy them. Plus it read them in order so that I know what is going on in them. There are so many great young Adult author out there now. I try to read many types of books and not stick with just one type.

Frequent Contributor
gackie
0 Kudos

I am reading

Warrior

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

erica11 wrote:

I'm on the westcoast still waiting for mine.  It's killing me!

Oh erica11  It will be there soon..We are here for you..As soon as "Vixen"arrives Please post  ...We have all been there,so worth the wait..Susan VTC