Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Books are arriving!

Vixen  I know pen,its always exciting...and special..to be First to read and discuss..Plus its a Pretty Cover as you can see by The Posted book..,,..If I post it it will be delivered sooner. No crystal ball this month...: ( Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Donna;;Let us know if you can hold out today..I will look for your post tomorrow..;  ) Susan...

DSaff wrote:

I haven't opened the book yet, but it is calling!!!

Vermontcozy wrote:

DSaff wrote:

I haven't seen the weekly break down yet. If you have, could you let me know please?  :smileywink:

Vermontcozy wrote:

I was so surprised when I returned home to see The BN Package leaning against my door.I  am in VT , so we should all have our books soon..  ; ) .Donna the schedule is posted..I just saw it...I am tempted,but like to read  just a little closer to the date...Best Susan...

Donna I think you are right We need The Weekly, to schedule our other books..not just discuss the whole book,because of how its written....We will watch for it..I did read the First Chapter..I just had to : ) Did you? Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Contributor
chelseamaya
0 Kudos

Re: November

krb2g wrote:

Anyone here also planning to participate in NaNoWriMo this November?

Just went through the forums to catch up and I saw this question, I will be for sure!  There's a novel writing club here on campus, I joined last year, and we use this as a way to kick everything off.  So it's rather exciting, I've been working on my plot development and such.

In other news Vixen arrived for me today, so excited to go pick it up from the package center.

Contributor
KiwiMerrill
0 Kudos

No big brown trucks in Colorado yet. :smileysad: *figners crossed* I am hoping it shows up soon. This weekend I am going out of town and won't be here to recieve it!

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: November

I have been thinking of trying it. It would be a good challenge, although a little scary. <grin>  So the first step is to register.  :smileyhappy:

krb2g wrote:

Anyone here also planning to participate in NaNoWriMo this November?

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Where can we find the schedule, I haven't seen it yet!  I want to get started but am waiting to see the schedule breakdown so know what chapters to read for the beginning of discussion!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

Received mine yesterday, yay.  Can't wait till I can start reading :smileyhappy:

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Just got my copy of Vixen and can't wait to get started!  Will wait for the weekly reading schedule to be posted.  I read the Prologue.  Might have been a mistake.  The last sentence got me hooked! :smileysurprised:

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Frequent Contributor
KateBrianIsAwesome
0 Kudos

My book just arrived here in VA! Can't wait to start reading, and knowing me I'll read the book faster than the schedule. 

Reading can only make you more happy and smarter. :smileyhappy:

Visit my blog at http://teenbibliophile.blogspot.com/

- Mallory
Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

NaNoWriMo and Arriving Books

Chelseamaya, DSaff, and anyone else who's doing (or thinking about doing) NaNoWriMo--it's a lot of fun! If you want to be friends on those boards, I'm krb2g there too.

Right now I'm reading Castle Rackrent. After I finish that I have Beautiful Darkness (sequel to Beautiful Creatures), Kalooki Nights (I've heard great things about this book from this year's Man Booker Prize winning author Howard Jacobson), and The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus Series #1) (the new series also set in Camp Half-Blood) checked out of the library!

This afternoon I was reading and dozing in my living room. I thought I heard a knock on the door, got up, and opened it, and didn't see anyone there--but I was a little confused--probably because I thought I was still dreaming. Then I sort of forgot about the incident until my roommate came home, bringing in a package! So the books have started arriving in central Virginia....

Contributor
alie
0 Kudos

So I finally decided I am going to try The Sacred Oath  while waiting for Vixen, hopefully it is as good as my friend says.  I will have to report back on that one.  I can't wait for the book...  here we go again. lol.  this time last month I was waiting for Crescendo...  which is also very good for any of you who haven't read it yet.  I got my other books that I were waiting for, but I will just have to wait to read those.

Love ya
~Stacy~
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: NaNoWriMo and Arriving Books

I have registered, but am a total novice at this, krb2g. Any help would be appreciated and I would love friends there too. I am DSafford there.  :smileywink:

krb2g wrote:

Chelseamaya, DSaff, and anyone else who's doing (or thinking about doing) NaNoWriMo--it's a lot of fun! If you want to be friends on those boards, I'm krb2g there too.

Right now I'm reading Castle Rackrent. After I finish that I have Beautiful Darkness (sequel to Beautiful Creatures), Kalooki Nights (I've heard great things about this book from this year's Man Booker Prize winning author Howard Jacobson), and The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus Series #1) (the new series also set in Camp Half-Blood) checked out of the library!

This afternoon I was reading and dozing in my living room. I thought I heard a knock on the door, got up, and opened it, and didn't see anyone there--but I was a little confused--probably because I thought I was still dreaming. Then I sort of forgot about the incident until my roommate came home, bringing in a package! So the books have started arriving in central Virginia....

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Contributor
chelseamaya
0 Kudos

I'm registered as well, my name there is xtastethesky (I'll go add you as buddies xD).  I participated last year and won, which I was really excited about.  It's not as bad as it looks, but it's not easy either. 

DSaff wrote:

I have registered, but am a total novice at this, krb2g. Any help would be appreciated and I would love friends there too. I am DSafford there.  :smileywink:

krb2g wrote:

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

chelseamaya wrote:

I'm registered as well, my name there is xtastethesky (I'll go add you as buddies xD).  I participated last year and won, which I was really excited about.  It's not as bad as it looks, but it's not easy either. 

DSaff wrote:

krb2g wrote:

Hi you guys! I'm registered there, too!  I also participated last year, however my father-in-law wound up in the hospital and I had to spend most of my time with family obligations.  This year will be better.  I'm going to achieve my goal this year no matter what.  I have the same name at NanoWriMo as here.  I would love to have moral support from your guys and of course I'm willing to give it, too. xo

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I have added you as well. Thanks!

chelseamaya wrote:

DSaff wrote:

krb2g wrote:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Suzi, I have added you as well. I will gladly give support, and am thankful for the support we are already mustering here.  :smileyhappy:

blkeyesuzi wrote:

chelseamaya wrote:

DSaff wrote:

krb2g wrote:

Hi you guys! I'm registered there, too!  I also participated last year, however my father-in-law wound up in the hospital and I had to spend most of my time with family obligations.  This year will be better.  I'm going to achieve my goal this year no matter what.  I have the same name at NanoWriMo as here.  I would love to have moral support from your guys and of course I'm willing to give it, too. xo

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

What's NaNoWriMo?

b

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Contributor
chelseamaya
0 Kudos

babzilla41 wrote:

What's NaNoWriMo?

b

It stands for National Novel Writing Month (website is nanowrimo.org) and basically you write a novel during the month of November - you "win" if you reach the word count of 50,000 words.  It's fun, for the most part x)

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

NaNoWriMo stands for "National Novel Writing Month." I have been looking at it for a few years and finally decided to jump. <grin> Here is the link to the main site.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

babzilla41 wrote:

What's NaNoWriMo?

b

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I did hold out, Susan. And, yes, I am amazed too! I guess it pays to have more than enough books to read. LOL

Vermontcozy wrote:

Donna;;Let us know if you can hold out today..I will look for your post tomorrow..;  ) Susan...

DSaff wrote:

I haven't opened the book yet, but it is calling!!!

Vermontcozy wrote:

DSaff wrote:

I haven't seen the weekly break down yet. If you have, could you let me know please?  :smileywink:

Vermontcozy wrote:

I was so surprised when I returned home to see The BN Package leaning against my door.I  am in VT , so we should all have our books soon..  ; ) .Donna the schedule is posted..I just saw it...I am tempted,but like to read  just a little closer to the date...Best Susan...

Donna I think you are right We need The Weekly, to schedule our other books..not just discuss the whole book,because of how its written....We will watch for it..I did read the First Chapter..I just had to : ) Did you? Susan