Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Are you READING it?

Ok, I was holding off reading but now that I had the book too close to where I see it everytime I walk by I just had to go and do IT!

Finished Chapter 1 & stopped myself from further reading  . . . . . . . so far VERY TASTY

Can I hold out at least until next weeks (week-long) vacation?

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Contributor
SSDailey
0 Kudos

Re: NaNoWriMo and Arriving Books

I'm participating in NaNoWriMo as well. It will be my fifth year, and I'm an ML as well. Feel free to add me to your buddy list. I'm S.S. Dailey.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: NaNoWriMo and Arriving Books

The Secret History  eadie,I am so glad you liked "The Secret History.".I brought it over here ,because I think many readers would love it College..VT..Situations..Based semi loosely on Bennington College...and not that its paranormal in any way,but the characters are so engrossing.,eccentric....and the plot..I won't say anything.....I did not post her other book,I have not read it yet. I believe Kayla did.....so you must let us know..."Vixon"..it is this week..reading  ahead...Just a bit Because maybe there isn't really a schedule...So Good...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

NaNoWriMo

I did it! I signed up for NaNoWriMo.  I've been wanting to do it for years, but always chickened out and didn't sign up.  You all talked me into it without even trying. 

My name is Tarri there too, I'm trying to figure out how to add you all as buddies and so far I can't find anyone.  I would really appreciate it if any and all of you could buddy me.

Thanks

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Hi, I have now read 4 chapters in this book and it is excellent.  I have been able to put it down but don't really want to-it's that good. I keep wanting to know what is going to happen next.  I wish we had a schedule though!  Just be an interesting discussion!

Gail (Kittysmom)

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: NaNoWriMo

I added you, Tarri. Please feel free to add me, DSafford.  :smileywink:

Tarri wrote:

I did it! I signed up for NaNoWriMo.  I've been wanting to do it for years, but always chickened out and didn't sign up.  You all talked me into it without even trying. 

My name is Tarri there too, I'm trying to figure out how to add you all as buddies and so far I can't find anyone.  I would really appreciate it if any and all of you could buddy me.

Thanks

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

TO Kittsymom:  I was going to (plan B) only read a few chapters  - - - and then for some reason 4 turned into 7 and then onto 10, next thing I knew I was unable to put the book away. 

Whew   . . . it is gripping, full of twist & turns and that makes it hard to put down

I totally agree with you . . . look forward to the chatter about the book -soon.

I am sure the schedule of chapters will come or at least if not by chapters, perhaps by stages of the development of the characters?

Hi, I have now read 4 chapters in this book and it is excellent.  I have been able to put it down but don't really want to-it's that good.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Contributor
Cacciatrice09
0 Kudos

Yes, I had the same issue.  The book kept taunting me each time I walked by till I couldn't take it any more.  I picked it up and was just going to skim, then the skim turned into Chapter 1 and Chapter 1 turned into Chapter 5 and now Chapter 5 turned into Chapter 12.  You just can't put it down once you start!  :smileywink:

Contributor
SSDailey
0 Kudos

I am a college student and my book arrived at my house yesterday. Thankfully my dad was kind enough to put it right back into the mail so it could come up here to me. I should be getting my copy in a few more days. I can't wait to start reading it.

Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

OK!! well apparently I must be the only one on here with the LEAST AMOUNT of will power because I'm on Chapter 11, this book is too good not read!!! If anyone else has gotten that far let me know we can start our own discussion lol!! When is the schedule going to be posted??:smileysurprised:

Contributor
mystrelle
0 Kudos

Just finished up the new Rick Riordan book "The Lost Hero".  I really enjoyed it.  He's put a new spin on the world he created with the Percy Jackson series, and its very entertaining.

Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Well, I have been waiting patiently for the schedule to be posted before I start reading VIXEN, but I can wait no longer.  I have been reading for few days and trying to limit myself to about 20 pages per day.  That way I will be about a third of the way through the novel when discussion starts and I can finish up the other 2 books I am reading right now.  Hopefully I will not loose control and read the whole thing in one gulp! :smileywink:

Can't wait to discuss this one with you all.  Hope everyone is having a great day.

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Contributor
mystrelle
0 Kudos

Yeah I had a hard time waiting too.  I got it yesterday and hurried to finish the book I was currently reading so I could start this one.  Started it today and already a third of the way through...

Contributor
Infinitely
0 Kudos

My self control is slowly wearing away, reading about how much everyone is loving the book.  If I don't see the schedule posted tomorrow I'm jumping right in and starting to read it lol.  Hopefully I don't get too caught up in it and finish it because then I might accidently give something away while discussing it :smileywink: 

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Yes I know, I keep reading too, can't seem to put it down!

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

My self control did get away from me and I am reading it, despite not knowing a schedule.  I am ready to start chapter 7-so much for self control!

Contributor
SSDailey
0 Kudos

I just finished reading The Lost Hero as well. It was really good. I can't wait until The Son of Neptune comes out in Fall 2011. I'm also eagerly awaiting the next book in Riordan's Kane Chronicles, as well as the second Percy Jackson movie, which is scheduled to be released in 2012.

Contributor
LilMa
0 Kudos

Re: Are you READING it?

I actually have not started reading Vixen yet because I have 3 other books that I have to read and review. However, I plan on starting it this weekend, atleast the first couple of chapters until the schedule is posted.

Reviewing books is what I do: cnadeau1989.wordpress.com
Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

mystrelle wrote:

Just finished up the new Rick Riordan book "The Lost Hero".  I really enjoyed it.  He's put a new spin on the world he created with the Percy Jackson series, and its very entertaining.

I loved The Lost Hero too! I think that he's doing a great job of building on the Percy Jackson series without merely repeating it and without making it feel dependent on Percy (who's missing as the story opens). I think Riordan does a magnificent job making classical myths come alive. I highly recommend this book and the Camp Half-Blood series to anyone who likes intelligent YA books. The first book in the whole series is called The Lightning Thief.

Riordan's also published a similar book based on Egyptian mythology called The Red Pyramid. I am eagerly awaiting the next one in this series (The Kane Chronicles), which is due in May 2011.

Contributor
SSDailey
0 Kudos

I am so excited. My copy of Vixen just arrived today. I'm thankful that my dad mailed it up to me so quickly. Once I opened it, I quickly read through the first couple chapters. I imagine that I will read more of it before I go to bed and I should have it finished in the next day or so.