Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Vermontcozy wrote:

:smileywink:Virtual Catering..Hope the Hot Chocolate hit the spot Jillian.,.Happy Thanksgiving to All..Susan

All those hot beverages will be served again today.

We all need that caffeine.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

I would like to say "See ya next FL review" to everyone.  Overall I believe this (only my 2nd FL) group was very good and gel'd great.

I enjoyed the interaction within each section of the book, and the fact the book was a winner made the fun all more interesting.

I do like when there is interaction between the group members and how the different viewpoints were done with tact and consideration-good board moderation as well.

I wish Jillian all the success of a great series with the flappers and hope you start a movement to getting into the historical '20's reading and interest.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Yes, thank you for the coffee, it looks and smells really good!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

pen21 wrote:

We are in our last week for Vixen. So to celebrate we are serving coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc.

Thanks to our author Jillian Larkin, editor Wendy Loggia and our moderator Sarah.

What a fun month with Vixen.

Vermontcozy and pen21

Keep the fluids flowing pen and thanks.

It was a great month on the FL board and I really enjoyed the conversations.

It seems like FL is growing by leaps and bounds and that's in great part to Paul for picking such great reads and to our moderator, in this case Sarah and of course to the wonderful participation of Jillian who has so graciously answered all our questions and bared her soul to us and lastly but not leastly to the members who made me think, made me laugh and most of all made me smile. Thanks

It's been great and now I just want to read Ingenue

Scribe
DSaff

I totally agree. Thank you for the great questions and thoughts, Sarah.  :smileywink:

Atreyu59 wrote:

Sarah.

You did a fine job at moderating this board the entire process.

Thanks for your pointed questions to keep the group on track and the questions you posed to keep everyone on specific viewpoints or talking points.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Superbookworm
0 Kudos

Happy Thanksgiving!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Since we don't have a review thread yet for Vixen I'll put it here for now

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/review.aspx?reviewid=1483754

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Happy Thanksgiving, to you and to all our friends here at FL!  :smileywink:

Superbookworm wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Review

[ Edited ]

Good idea! Here is the link to mine, and it is also on my blog and posted on Good Reads.  :smileyhappy:

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/Review.aspx?page=Review&reviewid=1483146

dhaupt wrote:

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Vixen created such a good discussion.

I am thankful for such a good read.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

pen21 wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Vixen created such a good discussion.

I am thankful for such a good read.

This is the only time I wish I had a pc instead of a mac.

Thanks pen for the pic

Happy Turkey day to all you!!!

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Re: NaNoWriMo and Arriving Books

TudorRose wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just registered too.  My screen name there is kgiffin.  I've never participated before so I'm a little nervous, but I have wanted to for a few years, so I think it will be a lot of fun!  I am looking forward to it.  :smileyhappy:

blkeyesuzi wrote:

chelseamaya wrote:

I'm registered as well, my name there is xtastethesky (I'll go add you as buddies xD).  I participated last year and won, which I was really excited about.  It's not as bad as it looks, but it's not easy either. 

DSaff wrote:

I have registered, but am a total novice at this, krb2g. Any help would be appreciated and I would love friends there too. I am DSafford there.  :smileywink:

krb2g wrote:

Chelseamaya, DSaff, and anyone else who's doing (or thinking about doing) NaNoWriMo--it's a lot of fun! If you want to be friends on those boards, I'm krb2g there too.

Hi you guys! I'm registered there, too!  I also participated last year, however my father-in-law wound up in the hospital and I had to spend most of my time with family obligations.  This year will be better.  I'm going to achieve my goal this year no matter what.  I have the same name at NanoWriMo as here.  I would love to have moral support from your guys and of course I'm willing to give it, too. xo

What is this you're talking about,  NanoWriMo?  I've seen it in some of the posts but don't know what it is.  Thanks.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

NaNoWriMo stands for the National Novel Writing Month, and it started in CA. It is a challenge to try to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. While that sounds very hard, the key is to write and keep writing. Things can be filtered out and put in correct form later. It has had fun moments and difficult moments, but I hope to finish in the alloted time. We will see.  :smileywink:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

literature wrote:

TudorRose wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just registered too.  My screen name there is kgiffin.  I've never participated before so I'm a little nervous, but I have wanted to for a few years, so I think it will be a lot of fun!  I am looking forward to it.  :smileyhappy:

blkeyesuzi wrote:

chelseamaya wrote:

I'm registered as well, my name there is xtastethesky (I'll go add you as buddies xD).  I participated last year and won, which I was really excited about.  It's not as bad as it looks, but it's not easy either. 

DSaff wrote:

I have registered, but am a total novice at this, krb2g. Any help would be appreciated and I would love friends there too. I am DSafford there.  :smileywink:

krb2g wrote:

Chelseamaya, DSaff, and anyone else who's doing (or thinking about doing) NaNoWriMo--it's a lot of fun! If you want to be friends on those boards, I'm krb2g there too.

Hi you guys! I'm registered there, too!  I also participated last year, however my father-in-law wound up in the hospital and I had to spend most of my time with family obligations.  This year will be better.  I'm going to achieve my goal this year no matter what.  I have the same name at NanoWriMo as here.  I would love to have moral support from your guys and of course I'm willing to give it, too. xo

What is this you're talking about,  NanoWriMo?  I've seen it in some of the posts but don't know what it is.  Thanks.

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

DSaff wrote:

NaNoWriMo stands for the National Novel Writing Month, and it started in CA. It is a challenge to try to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. While that sounds very hard, the key is to write and keep writing. Things can be filtered out and put in correct form later. It has had fun moments and difficult moments, but I hope to finish in the alloted time. We will see.  :smileywink:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

literature wrote:

TudorRose wrote:

Hi everyone,

blkeyesuzi wrote:

chelseamaya wrote:

DSaff wrote:

krb2g wrote:

Thanks, DStaff.  I think I'll wait until I'm retired.  Just barely have enough time to read and post now.  Although I must say, it's an intriguing idea.  Good luck with your writing and maybe some day you'll be the guest author in FL.

Sheila

Author
Jillian-Larkin
0 Kudos

Atreyu59 wrote:

I would like to say "See ya next FL review" to everyone.  Overall I believe this (only my 2nd FL) group was very good and gel'd great.

I enjoyed the interaction within each section of the book, and the fact the book was a winner made the fun all more interesting.

I do like when there is interaction between the group members and how the different viewpoints were done with tact and consideration-good board moderation as well.

I wish Jillian all the success of a great series with the flappers and hope you start a movement to getting into the historical '20's reading and interest.

Thanks so much! It really has been such a great experience. If VIXEN helps to spark people's interest in the 20s, I will be so delighted!

Author
Jillian-Larkin
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Thank you so much for the kind words in your insightful review!

Author
Jillian-Larkin
0 Kudos

DSaff wrote:

Good idea! Here is the link to mine, and it is also on my blog and posted on Good Reads.  :smileyhappy:

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/Review.aspx?page=Review&reviewid=1483146

dhaupt wrote:

Thank you! Such a lovely, well-written review. And as I've said before, I could probably spend a dozen books' worth of time following these girls through their Jazz Age adventures :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
shmy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Happy Turkey day everyone!:smileyvery-happy:

ETA - I posted mine on bn.com too :smileyhappy: shmy :smileytongue:

Author
Jillian-Larkin
0 Kudos

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Among many other things, I'm so thankful for the opportunity to discuss VIXEN with all of you :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
librarysusie
0 Kudos

Thank-you so much for the opportunity to read this book I am looking forward to the rest of this series!

My review is here-

http://nrpl.blogspot.com/2010/11/vixen-by-jillian-larkinreview.html

Also on Goodreads & Librarything and here on B&N