Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Dear First Look Group

ReadingPatti wrote:

Jillian-Larkin, I just finished you book, Vixen. I loved it. I think that the book could have been set in any time. So revalent for today. It shows young adults wanting to break free from their parents and find their way in the world. Whatever that may be.

I an anixous to read the next one in the series.

So very good and what a ending. You left me wondering what is going to happen next. Great cliff-hanger.

I will recommend this book. I give it 5 stars.

ReadingPatti

Hi Patti I just saw your post.Glad you enjoyed it...It was quite a book..And now waiting for "Ingenue" Jillian was amazing and her skill as a writer and researcher certainly shined through..We were back in The 1920's ;She has a gift,,Hope we can all read "Ingenue" as a group with Sarah as our Moderator again..Maybe Jillian will pay us a visit..See you on "Three Seconds"  Susan 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
deannafrances
0 Kudos

Would like to take this post to apologize for not being uptodate on what is going on.  I had a severe sinus infection and then had an incident which I ended up having several cardiac tests.  Turns out I am out of shape and fat!! but not having a heart attack.  However I had quite an upsetting month and did not participate as much as I would have liked to.  Thank you to first Look for the opportunity.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Get well! I hope to see you in future First Look discussions.  :smileywink:

deannafrances wrote:

Would like to take this post to apologize for not being uptodate on what is going on.  I had a severe sinus infection and then had an incident which I ended up having several cardiac tests.  Turns out I am out of shape and fat!! but not having a heart attack.  However I had quite an upsetting month and did not participate as much as I would have liked to.  Thank you to first Look for the opportunity.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
shmy
0 Kudos

Get well and see you around the board :smileyhappy:

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

deannafrances wrote:

We hope you can join us at another time ,feel better  Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
mgmama33
0 Kudos

Thanks for such a wonderful book!  Can't wait to read the next one!

Contributor
LKD_726
0 Kudos

This book was so good on many levels.  The depth of the characters and their growth through out the book.  Also, it was obvious to me that Ms. Larkin really loves the period of the 1920's.  The descriptions of the speakeasies, the attitude toward  interracial couples, the importance of status was terrific.  This novel was so easy to get lost in due to her vivid descriptions and snappy dialogue between the characters.

Lorraine has stayed with me after I read this book.  At points you just want to shake her but then you see that she is just a "girl lost".  I felt sorry for her at the end of the book because not only did she lose her friends, she lost herself.

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

I loved this book also, and I really feel bad about not having a lot to say. For one thing I have been dealing with like someone else that they had sinus infection, and dealing also with my computer having got so viruses which means I was without my computer for a while. And since I live in the other Washington the weather here has been changing so very much. I did read everyone posts, and I so enjoyed them plus there were a lot of point made that I felt the same. This was such a great read can’t wait to read your next book. Thank you so much for letting us at the First Look book club gets a chance to read your first book.

New User
Homeschool_Mom
0 Kudos

Well, as a few others have mentioned their difficulties, I have had my own that have kept me from participating as I originally intended.  But I have to say that I loved the book.  It's definitely outside of my personal area of preference, and neither of my children is yet ready for it (doubtful that my son ever will be), but Vixen will definitely be on my daughter's assigned reading list in a few years.It's sad that I really don't have much else to say.  I look forward to your future works.

~Kristen

Kristen Kramer
Homeschooling Mom, Military Wife, College Student (not necessarily in that order)