Correspondent
Sadie1
0 Kudos

Re: Dear First Look Group

Jillian welcome to the group.  I can't wait to start your book and the discussions.  The book sounds delightful to me.

Lisa in Georgia

New User
Aelish
0 Kudos

Hi, Jillian,

I received my copy in the mail and I'm very excited to start reading it!  I love the '20s.  Thank you for your introduction!

Kim

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Welcome Jillian! Thank you for sharing your book with us. I look forward to reading and discussing it.

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

Hi Jillian!

I love The Great Gatsby too! It's what made me curious about Vixen, actually. I just got the book a few days ago and started reading it over the weekend, so I'm excited about our upcoming discussions. It's always exciting to be able to ask the author questions about the stories they wrote and get more backstory, meaning, etc. :robothappy:

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare
Contributor
WickedAK
0 Kudos

This is Awesome! I'm sooo excited to start this book! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! I'm really looking forward to the discussion!

Thanks again!

Alicia from Alaska :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

Jillian

I am very interested in reading your book as my mom was a "flapper". Even though I am a man I look forward to the excitement of this era reading your book.

I enjoyed reading about your background and thanks for sharing.

Wayne

Contributor
LilMa
0 Kudos

Hi Jillian,

I cannot wait to start reading your book. It looks like it is going to be a very good book. I am looking forward to discussing your book with you and everyone else.

Reviewing books is what I do: cnadeau1989.wordpress.com
Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

Hi Jillian,

Thank you for allowing us this chance to read your novel.  I've started the book and I must admit I find the characters wonderful.  I've never had any exposure to the 'flappers' and I'm looking forward to discussing this terrific novel with you.

Donna

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Thanks for stopping by to tell us some info about your book. I love to read historical YA books, there are not that many out there currently. I haven't started the book yet but I hope to soon, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
thecatsmeowAM
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing your novel!  This is my first book set in the Flapper era since reading the Great Gatsby in high school (quite a long time ago!).  I am halfway through and enjoying it very much!

Contributor
CookieNookie
0 Kudos

Your introduction will definitely serve as an inspiration to many women. I'm glad to have read it myself. This is my 1st time reading a book set in the 20's too and I'm really excited to read and discuss it.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Jillian - 

I finished the book just two days after picking it up.  Had the issue of not able to put it down once I picked it up.  You certainly have a knack for carrying the reader thru the stages as the characters develop.  Great gift  

when is your next 'series' in the novel coming out????

Excited to start the dialogue

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Contributor
terilhack
0 Kudos

Thanx Jillian for sharing with us this First Look opportunity into Vixen. I love the history in the era. I just received the book this weekend and the cover is wonderful. Thank you for the backstory from you and in your interest into the era. I cannot wait to start reading and for the discussions to begin!

TeriC
Contributor
dalejr88SD
0 Kudos

Hi everyone...Got my book and getting ready to read it.. It really looks good. Does anyone know when we will start dissuses the book

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

The discussion starts on November 1. We don't have a full schedule yet, but keep looking at the "Schedule" thread for more.   :smileyhappy:

dalejr88SD wrote:

Hi everyone...Got my book and getting ready to read it.. It really looks good. Does anyone know when we will start dissuses the book

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
JGriffin
0 Kudos

Thank you for this opportunity! Can't wait to read it; its outside of what I usually read, but it will be nice to try something different. Planning on starting Vixen today!

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Hey Jillian! i want to thank you for the opportunity to read your novel. I'm very excited to start it-I haven't read anything about/from the roaring twenties, but I've heard a lot. I can't wait to start reading it on Monday and soon discuss it with you ;]

-Madison

----------------------------------------------
Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Hi Jillian,

Welcome to the group!! Thanks for sharing your book with us as well as your inspiration for writing it. I plan on starting the book tonight. Looking forward to  the discussions.

Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

Welcome Jillian, I look forward to this discussion very much and I am so excited to read Vixen with everyone. Thank you for this opportunity!

Jenna

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
goobersmom57
0 Kudos

Hello Jillian! I thank you very much for including me in this ARC review! I am enjoying your book thoroughly! This is one of my favorite era's in American history! I can't wait to finish, although I am also, trying to savor the book as well =-)

I hope that I can figure out how this ARC reviewing work here on B&N.com, as this is my first time.

S. Mathews