Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi everyone.

This book looks really great.  I can't wait to start reading and disucssing it with you all.  The B&N First Look program is great and has introduced me to authors and books that I may not typically be drawn to.  Case in point, our last selection, Wake of Forgiveness was amazing.  If you haven't read it you should check it out.

I love historical fiction, but I typically read books based in medieval and renaissance England, but this one looks so intriguing and I hope to learn more about this time period.  I am a stay at home mom in northwest Ohio and stay up way too late at night reading!

Hope to have some great discussions you all :smileyhappy: 

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Hi! I am Luanne from Minnesota. I have 2 children in their 20s.

This sounds like an great book. The 1920s era is an interesting time.

Looks like a nice change of pace from what I have been reading.

I just finished the first 2 books by Steig Larsson.

Definitely looking for a good discussion.

Distinguished Correspondent
naylorchic
0 Kudos

Yayyyy I got confirmed! Can't wait to discuss this book with everyone!

Contributor
katemac08
0 Kudos

I'm a not-so-young adult (ok, I'm not OLD either), but I love the YA genre.  Looking forward to this book!

Contributor
Griffin14
0 Kudos

Hello everyone. I have participated in a few first looks and they have been great. I love reading and this book looks so good, I just can't wait.

Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

YEAH!!!  I just received my confirmation!!!  I can't wait to discuss Vixen with everyone and I definitely can't wait for the brown truck to get here!!!!  So Excited!!!

A

:smileyhappy:
Contributor
Lavasoap
0 Kudos

Hello from SC! 

This is my first attempt at First Look and I hope to get a confirmation! Vixen looks like a fun book to begin my ARC experience!  I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say either way.

Contributor
Cacciatrice09
0 Kudos

Hello All! I amvery excited to be joining the FL group.  My name is Jessica and I am from Texas.  Can't wait to get my ARC and start reading!!!

Contributor
JGriffin
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

If confirmed, this will be my very first First Look. Just learned about it, and this book sounded interesting. I'm not a young adult anymore, but I do enjoy reading some YA series.

Contributor
cskiles80
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Colleen from the St. Louis area.  This will be my 2nd First Look and very excited.  I love the fact it is a teen book!  I teach middle school and high school and I am always looking for new and great books for the classroom.  Also excited that it is a teen book that is historical (I teach history) and if I read the information right, it is NOT about Vampires.  I am so sick of Vampires love books right now I could scream.  I am currently reading the Passage by Justin Cronin, it is like the anti-vampire, vampire book, LOVE IT!

So excited, I am waiting for my confirmation!

Colleen

Colleen Skiles
Contributor
cosbie
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

This is my first B&N FL!! I love romance/young adult/twilighty books! I started out really reading Nicholas Sparks type books, then when the infamous Twilight saga came out it opened doors for new reads...which of course has kept me super busy!

I'm looking forward to discussing the book with everyone!!

Lyndsey - Charleston, SC

"I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart."
-E.E. Cummins
Reader
CarlyReads
0 Kudos

Hey everybody!

I'm a huge YA fan and this is my first First Look Book Club.  I'm really hoping to get a copy of Vixen, as it looks great!  I'm a college student who dedicates most of her free time to reading YA lit, and I'm the official blogger of the Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival.  Check out my TBF blog at www.carlyreads.blogspot.com

Carly

Contributor
chelseamaya
0 Kudos

Just got confirmed! So excited to be discussing this book with you all ^_^

Contributor
cosbie
0 Kudos

Out of curiousity, how long did it take for you to get confirmed?

-E.E. Cummins
Reader
HLPaul
0 Kudos

I am so excited to read Vixen.  I teach at the local Junior College, and my husband teaches High school English.  We are always looking for new books for our students (and ourselves) to read.  Like someone previously stated, unfortunately the market has been flooded with vampire (fairy, angel, etc) stories.  This wouldn't be so bad, but it seems that our students are "outgrowing" this theme.  Hopefully this is one of those books that will encourage our students to read, and love it.  Although, I should also say that I personally love the YA books, and can't wait to find something that grabs my attention and pulls me in like the Hunger Games trilogy did.

Contributor
firegirl3
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is April and this will be my second book club. I am currently in the Crescendo book club. Can't wait to read this book!

Inspired Contributor
Sapphire329
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, my name is LaToya. This is my second FL and I'm excited. I just got my confirmation this morning so I'm going to read as many books on my TBR list before I get this one so that I can focus.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

cosbie wrote:

Out of curiousity, how long did it take for you to get confirmed?

Confirmations will go out all this week and into next most likely.

Contributor
cosbie
0 Kudos

Awesome! Thank you!

-E.E. Cummins
Frequent Contributor
hookedonbooks09
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone---and Paul!

I always enjoy the First Look books and hope to be participating in this one, too. 

So many titles that I might have overlooked had it not been for this group!

Although this is YA, it sounds intriguing.

--Barb

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx