Contributor
terilhack
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello,

My name is Teri and I love reading. Books are amazing and this one looks like a great read. I hope I can participate in this book group and young adult titles even influence those who are young at heart and not necessarily in the genre age group :smileywink:

TeriC
Reader 2
Airion1
0 Kudos

My first time try for an advance read. I hope I get in, I read all the time mostly young adult and romance. And I am a college age guy.

Contributor
narcisse
0 Kudos

Hey everyone!  This is my first FL book.  I just got my confirmation and I'm really looking forward to reading and discussing Vixen!

Reader 2
TaraMQ
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! This is the first time I have signed up for First Look and am excited to share my thoughts with all of you!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Airion1 wrote:

My first time try for an advance read. I hope I get in, I read all the time mostly young adult and romance. And I am a college age guy.

Welcome Airion1,Glad you found us..Any questions,we are here to answer any you might have..Looking forward To"Vixon"..we always have lively discussions...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

Hi I am Emily and I love YA, even though I am not home myself.  I have done a first look before I am currently doing the Sneak Peek for teens right now.  I love getting to know other readers and I love being able to share my thoughts with others.  I am looking forward to the book.  It sounds really good!

You are the author of your own life story.
Contributor
SeaLue
0 Kudos

Vixen is my first First Look book and so I am looking forward to reading and discussing it.  I took to reading YA as a college student because they were a nice break between all my assigned reading.  I have come to find that there are many enjoyable YA books out there.  Many more choices than when I was a young adult.

Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Just received my confirmation.  Is it too early to start looking for the brown truck? :smileywink:

Can't wait to start reading and discussing Vixen with you all.

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
dhaupt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

cskiles80 wrote:

Hi, I am Colleen from the St. Louis area.  This will be my 2nd First Look and very excited.  I love the fact it is a teen book!  I teach middle school and high school and I am always looking for new and great books for the classroom.  Also excited that it is a teen book that is historical (I teach history) and if I read the information right, it is NOT about Vampires.  I am so sick of Vampires love books right now I could scream.  I am currently reading the Passage by Justin Cronin, it is like the anti-vampire, vampire book, LOVE IT!

So excited, I am waiting for my confirmation!

Colleen

HI Colleen, I live in St. Charles County

Welcome

I loved The Passage too.

ps  I got my confirmation

Contributor
BoilerWriter
0 Kudos

My name is Debbie and this is my second First Look experience. I have been working on a YA novel of my own, so am always excited to read new YA material. I was thrilled to receive the posting. I thoroughly enjoyed my ARC book, 'Before I Fall' by Lauren Oliver and am looking forward to the release of her next YA novel in the upcoming months. 'Vixen' sounds like it will be an equally interesting read. Hoping to receive a confirmation soon.

Frequent Contributor
RS18
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Rosa. I'm from Houston, TX. I have participated in many first looks, and can't wait to read this new one! I love getting ARCs in the mail! :smileyhappy:

Reader 2
Eledri
0 Kudos

Hey all.  This is my first FL  I've signed up for and I just got my confirmation :smileyvery-happy:  Im looking forward to reading and discussing Vixen with you all!  I read a lot of YA and generally find it more enjoyable than "Adult" fiction.   

-Happy reading to all! :smileywink:

Contributor
erica11
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Erica.  I have been into YA novels ever since I read The Hunger Games two years ago.  Really excited to join this discussion group and read a good book.

Reader
twinsbur
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Eileen. i have always enjoyed YA titles. I have a blog co authored with my daughter melissa and we enjoy discussing and reviewing all types of books on our blog.

Inspired Contributor
kristyn711
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone, my name is Kristyn and I am a working professional in Boston, MA under 30.  This will be my second ARC from B&N (the first being Crescendo which is currently going on).  My love of YA books comes from my mother, a teacher who always gets my opinion on a book before putting it in her classroom library.  Because I read so many in a year for her, I find I am now the one finding out about the "next big thing" and sharing them with her.  Looking forward to sharing my thoughts.

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." ~ Cicero

"My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter." ~ Thomas Helm
Contributor
LilMa
0 Kudos

I recieved my confirmation about 24 hrs after I signed up for this FL book. Good luck hope you get it!!!

Reviewing books is what I do: cnadeau1989.wordpress.com
Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

BoilerWriter wrote:

My name is Debbie and this is my second First Look experience. I have been working on a YA novel of my own, so am always excited to read new YA material. I was thrilled to receive the posting. I thoroughly enjoyed my ARC book, 'Before I Fall' by Lauren Oliver and am looking forward to the release of her next YA novel in the upcoming months. 'Vixen' sounds like it will be an equally interesting read. Hoping to receive a confirmation soon.

Good luck with your writing!

Kim

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Contributor
MommaBrikz
0 Kudos

I'm Dani and this is my ARC and i'm very excited about it.  We have several teen girls in our family so I see a lot of YA books and have found I enjoy most of them.  I love the 20's and look forward to reading a wonderful book.  Can't wait to get to know all of you.

Frequent Contributor
KateBrianIsAwesome
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! 

Glad to see some familiar names and new names as well! I got my confirmation earlier today and can't wait to start reading and discussing it with you all. This will be my fourth First Look Book club book. I'm currently participating in my first Sneak Peek book club. I've enjoyed and LOVE the books BN chooses for their clubs. They never seem to pick a flop. (I think thats the right word!)

Oh yeah, and my name is Mallory and I'm a college student who reads and reviews books in my spare time. 

Reading can only make you more happy and smarter. :smileyhappy:

Visit my blog at http://teenbibliophile.blogspot.com/

- Mallory
Contributor
Arsenic
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Amber. I'm a 27 year old stay at home mom of two young girls. I devour books like air and an increasingly large selection of those books are YA. I prefer my books to be in the realm of fiction. Especially Paranormal Romance. But honestly so long as a story has characters that I want to know more about I'll read it. 

I deeply and sincerely hope I get picked. If I am, this will be my first in the First Look club. But my love affair with the ARC started long ago. When I was 14 I worked in a childrens book distribution warehouse that would frequently receive ARCS. I had no idea what they were at the time but one caught my eye. I took it home and fell in love with that author. After that I was carting them home by the box load. I'm hoping to continue that trend. Hope to be discussing this period piece with you all very soon.