Contributor
MissRabbit
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hey everyone! My name is Jess and this is my first time doing this. It sounds really exciting!

I'm 25, a recent college graduate, and recently relocated from Michigan to Alabama. I don't know a soul here, so all my spare time has been spent reading haha. I hope I get confirmed and have the opportunity for some great discussions with you all!  

Contributor
Chrissy17104
0 Kudos

Hope i get accepted, im doing the crecendo sneek peak right now and really enjoying it.

Names Christine, looking forward to getting to know yall and discussing a new book. :smileyhappy:

New User
Aelish
0 Kudos

Hi!  I am a child psychologist and avid reader, with YA being my favorite.  I love being able to share the love of a book with a client.  I read constantly and love reading about the '20s and '30s.  I am very much looking forward to participating.  This will be my first ARC!

Contributor
wendynatlanta
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  My name is Wendy and I am from the Atlanta, GA area.....If I am one of the lucky ones to be chosen to review this book, this will be my second ARC book. It has been a fun experience.

My life revolves around books...both in print and also on the nook. I usually have at least 3-4 going at a time.

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone soon!

Happy reading!

Wendy

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul, I hope I get picked because this book looks great!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Contributor
Karla1717
0 Kudos

Hi all!  I haven't done a first look book for a long time!  Hopefully I will be confirmed and will get to read the book with you all.  I am a stay at home mom to 6 month old twin boys, so that is what currently takes up my time. That, and reading when they go to bed! 

Karla

New User
HeatherCreighton
0 Kudos

Hi, I just signed up for the arc Vixen and can't wait! This is my first book club although I have been looking for one for quite awhile. I love reading and mainly focus on teen and asian fiction. I'm looking forward to having a group discussion for once.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I was confirmed for this book early this morning. I'm excited to read this one because I love the historical feel in teen novels. Can't wait to discuss this one in Nov.

Lexa

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! My name is April and I live in eastern Nebraska with my husband and our dog, Barney. I was just confirmed for Vixen this morning and I'm so excited! Even though I'm not a young adult anymore, I love reading ya novels. Right now I'm reading Crescendo for the Teen Sneak Peak and loving it. Vixen looks like a great book and I can't wait to start reading!

April
Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Looking forward toVixen. Thank you BN for great First Look opportunities!!  I live in Northern NJ and work in Accounting at the local college. Reading is my favorite pastime and YA and historical are my genres of choice. 

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

To: Cosbie - it may take a day or two; for me it took only 1 day before I got confirmed

Yeah I just got confirmed.  Looking forward to the real honest dialog of the book.  Cool!

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Aprilh:  I noticed how many folks are really not "YA" or the age of the book characters and think that is really interesting.

I like to wonder back to the younger years and think "what I know now-if I only knew then what I know now" type of pondering

Inspired Contributor
nadine1

Hello, fellow readers!

This is my thirteenth First Look Book Club, but my first Teen selection.  I am looking forward to reading a romance novel set in the Roaring Twenties. 

Once again, thank you Barnes & Noble, for broadening my bookshelf.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Karla1717 wrote:  I have twin 6 month old....

Welcome Karla- I have 3 month old twin GRANDbabies & I know how busy you must be, you probably enjoy mommie time when you can just read and relax.

look forward to talking with everyone about the book

Correspondent
StewiesMom
0 Kudos

I know what you mean about the high-maintenance!  I had my husband schedule one of his weeks of vacation for when ours had their spay & neuter done earlier this year!  With a boy and a girl, it was imperative that it be done before we became fur-grandparents!  I wanted one of us to be home to ensure they didn't rough house too much and hurt themselves for a few days after their surgeries.  But they are totally worth the extra effort, I love them like they were little kiddos!

Atreyu59 wrote:

to:  StewiesMom - I love your reference to your two fur-kids;  ditto; I live with the husband and our two fur-kids as well.  They are just like babies, a bit of high-maintanence after being empty-nestors.

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

To: TudorRose - I like your optimism about the 'brown truck';  I am waiting to see the truck come down the street; such a "kid in a toy store" feeling about receiving a book in the mail & free on top of that!  what is there not to like?

Correspondent
StewiesMom
0 Kudos

Amber, you lucky, lucky lady, you!  What a great perk!

Arsenic wrote (in part):

When I was 14 I worked in a childrens book distribution warehouse that would frequently receive ARCS. I had no idea what they were at the time but one caught my eye. I took it home and fell in love with that author. After that I was carting them home by the box load.

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

To: StewiesMom - do you read any animal novels?

I wanted to be a veterinarian in college & then changed (mainly due to the biochemistry & trig) but I have always shared a love of animals and the little critters.

I started out reading James Herriot books on the animals & developed a love of reading with those & Hemingway novels.

I love the cat mystery series- even went to B&N when the author came to our area to promote her newest cat mystery book & had several signed.

Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Atreyu59 wrote:

To: TudorRose - I like your optimism about the 'brown truck';  I am waiting to see the truck come down the street; such a "kid in a toy store" feeling about receiving a book in the mail & free on top of that!  what is there not to like?

I couldn't agree more.  I just get all giddy when the brown truck shows up with new books for me!  Of course that happens way to often, but what can you do?  I'm really excited about this selection.  I think it will be a great read and lots of fun to discuss.

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Contributor
pmsmrsmoose
0 Kudos

hello all, my name is Nikki and this is my first FL. I love reading and my friend has pointed me towards this special section of BN. I am excited, hope I get to take part in it.