Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
shmy

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi everyone *waves*

My name is Samy and I love reading YA, I started reading them because English isn't my native language and for some reason I found them easier to read. Now I'm addicted to them LOL This is my first time doing this, but it looks like fun already :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Lexa555 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I was confirmed for this book early this morning. I'm excited to read this one because I love the historical feel in teen novels. Can't wait to discuss this one in Nov.

Lexa

Hi Lexa555,Glad you were confirmed...I  like reading your Spin on Books,always refreshing..Another Good Group..here...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Good morning! I'm Dawn from LI, NY and have participated in the First Look Club for a while now! This book sounds really good - hope I am confirmed to receive an ARC so that I can be a participant again!

Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

Hey everyone, Im jenna from TN. This will be my very first ARC and its very exciting...i hope to get confirmed. I love to read YA books plus alittle bit of everything else (you will def catch me in the paranormal section haha) hope to get to know you guys more...

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Lblaze
0 Kudos

Hi All! :smileyhappy:

I'm Lisa from Los Angeles. I've been confirmed too! Looking forward to reading and hearing everyone's thoughts about the book!  Happy reading!

Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! It's great to see so many first timers on here! Looking forward to this selection here in Tennessee!!!

Correspondent
StewiesMom
0 Kudos

I tend to lean towards cozy mysteries.  Although my favorites all seem to include cats!  I especially the stories that describe the animals who have a lot of personality and spunk.  I have always meant to read the Lillian Brown (sp?) series and the Rita Mae Brown series, but so many other titles come up!

I don't think I could have ever been a vet, I could probably have run a no-kill shelter though!

Atreyu59 wrote:

To: StewiesMom - do you read any animal novels?

I wanted to be a veterinarian in college & then changed (mainly due to the biochemistry & trig) but I have always shared a love of animals and the little critters.

I started out reading James Herriot books on the animals & developed a love of reading with those & Hemingway novels.

I love the cat mystery series- even went to B&N when the author came to our area to promote her newest cat mystery book & had several signed.

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**
New User
Poseiwriting
0 Kudos

Hi all! My name is Patricia. This will be my first FL and I am super excited about it. I am a huge fan of YA fiction and an aspiring YA author. Looking forward to talking with all of you!

~P~

poseiwriting.livejournal.com

Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

To StewiesMom:

I have read most of the Rita Mae Brown books in the Sneaky Pie series.  I found them to be really fun to read.  The animals all have different personalities.  The mysteries aren't completed, but they are fun and easy to read.  I think you would like them. :smileyvery-happy:

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Inspired Contributor
kittykat59
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Liz and I'm from California. This is my 10th FL. Can't wait to be confirmed and receive my copy of Vixen.

Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

Hi, My name is Becky and I live in East Central Indiana.  This will be my 3rd FL.  Still awaiting confirmation!

Have a great day everyone.

Becky in IN

Contributor
MsGlam
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

My name is Tai and I'm from FL. I am an avid reader mainly YA with other genres sprinkled in when I find something that grabs my attention and now that I own a nook I go out of my comfort zone even more thanks to free fridays. 8-) This will be my 1st First Look with Barnes and Noble however I have been a beta reader in the past. Still awaiting confirmation though.....   

Happy Reading!

Contributor
cskiles80
0 Kudos

just got confirmed!! Waiting for the big brown truck now!

Colleen Skiles
Reader
SeeMichelleRead
0 Kudos

Hello! I must say I'm new to the B&N First Look group, but it seems like such a welcoming community so I'm happy to join in. I'm a life-longer reader who can't live without a good dose of YA in my library. So happy to find other like-minded readers.

And oh my! Don't you just love this cover? Seriously. I want that dress. I'm excited to see what goodness the book contains within it's pages.

Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

SeeMichelleRead wrote:

Hello! I must say I'm new to the B&N First Look group, but it seems like such a welcoming community so I'm happy to join in. I'm a life-longer reader who can't live without a good dose of YA in my library. So happy to find other like-minded readers.

And oh my! Don't you just love this cover? Seriously. I want that dress. I'm excited to see what goodness the book contains within it's pages.

I agree. The cover is stunning.  It immediately drew me in and made me want to read this book.  Can't wait for the BBT to stop at my door!

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Yay Just got my confirmation!

Frequent Contributor
gackie

I just got my conformation this morning! This will be my second time participating , I was in on the previous FL The Wake of Forgiveness.
I am so excited about Vixen because I love YA books. I look forward to the discussions of this book.

Jackie

Contributor
erica11
0 Kudos

Just got my confirmation message!  Can't wait to start!

Contributor
I_heart_you
0 Kudos

Just signed up, hope it's not too late! I'm pretty excited about this. I've been an avid reader since childhood and I've always wanted to participate in something like this, but never found the opportunity. So, I'm happy that a friend told me about this!

I'm a geek and I love it!
Contributor
MsTweet
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm Jenn.  I'm from NJ.  I'm a sahm to 3 boys and a little one the way.  I love to read but it's been a while since I've participated in First Look.  I've loved the other ones I've read.  Looking forward to this one!