Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

A hearty welcome to all =)

It is wonderful to see such a wonderful group of readers gathering for this book. I want to wish everyone welcome. New to the group, or one of the many who have been around B&N for a while, you will enjoy the discussion. There is nothing like it! So, grab your coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and get ready to read.   :smileywink:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
se_lyon
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello! I just signed up and I am so excited to get the book and start discussing it. I am married with no children in MN. I work for a law school in the IT department.

~ Sarah
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! Yay! I just received the magic word....confirmed!

I'm Suzi and I've participated in all the First Look discussions, except for "The House at Riverton". I've thoroughly enjoyed the discussions and it makes the books come alive even more. I can't wait to share this one with all of you. It's going to be great I can already tell.  Vixen looks like it's going to be a really good read and it's going to give us lots to talk about.

Well...now to wait for the brown truck.... :smileyhappy:

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Distinguished Correspondent
avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

Hello, 

This is my second first look book and I am looking forward to this. I enjoyed The Wake Of Forgiveness very much and hope this will be a good read too. 

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

DSaff wrote:

Lexa555, I hope you don't mind my chiming in here, but I love the diversity of opinion we have in the B&N book clubs. No, I don't agree with all views, but isn't that what makes us all special?! I look forward to discussing "Vixen" with you.  :smileyhappy:

Lexa555 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Lexa555 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I was confirmed for this book early this morning. I'm excited to read this one because I love the historical feel in teen novels. Can't wait to discuss this one in Nov.

Lexa

Hi Lexa555,Glad you were confirmed...I  like reading your Spin on Books,always refreshing..Another Good Group..here...Susan

Oh Susan sometimes you make me feel like a queen around here. I'm glad you enjoy my opinions, not everyone on the boards feel the same way. I think people have a love or hate relationship with me. :smileyhappy:

Oh of course I don't mind you chiming in. Everyone has different opinions when reading a book and its good to hear both sides of what people think. Looking forward to getting my copy of Vixen so we all can discuss it.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
haysel13
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone! My name is Haysel and this will be my first time participating in B&N's First Look Club. With that said, I am obsessed with the Young Adult genre and I am so excited to read Vixen.

Always,

Haysel

The Tattered Page

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Hi Haysel and welcome to FL.  You will enjoy being in this book club and this book sounds really good.  I have been in a few of the FL discussions and one YA, which I certainly am not a YA anymore, but the books still intrique me. Enjoy and Welcome!

Gail

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Inspired Wordsmith
krb2g
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Katie, a grad student studying nineteenth-century American lit in central Virginia. I'm looking forward to this discussion. Some of the YA books I'm most excited about at the moment include the Hunger Games series, the 39 Clues series, Rick Riordan's work, and the Harry Potter series. I'm looking forward to Behemoth, The Lost Hero, and Beautiful Darkness (all out this month), and I've enjoyed the Crescendo discussion over on the Teen Reads board! Can't wait for November!

New User
Silver
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm kind of excited because this is my first ARC or first look. I heard about in my schools book club and the club leader told us about this and since I really like reading I was waiting for this opportunity. I'm really excited!

teenage♥dreamer
Contributor
scientistsoltero
0 Kudos

Hi!

My name is Ingrid and like my avatar names says, I am a scientist, well, I am research technician hehehe.

This is my first First Look so I am very excited!

Reader
HLPaul
0 Kudos

Okay, so I can't remember if I posted in here... so here goes.  I was so exctied to see that I was confirmed to read Vixen.  I am a teacher at the local community college, and my husband is a high school English teacher.  We both love to read YA books, and are always looking for new material to take to school with us.  I am really looking forward to reading the book, and having someone (many someones) to talk to about it!

Contributor
haysel13
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello Gail! Thanks for welcoming me. I am not a YA anymore either but I can't seem to get enough of the YA genre! All in all, VIXEN does sound like a great read and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Always,

Haysel

The Tattered Page

The FALLEN

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

yay! I'm so excited to get Vixen:smileyvery-happy:

I love YA and this one sounds really coOl. I was lucky enough to participate in the reading of Before I Fall and loved it.

~Bella@Beguile Thy Sorrow...

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare
Frequent Contributor
CharminKB
0 Kudos

Hi all!!  My name is Kristina and I am very excited to be getting a copy of Vixen!!  I am a lover of all book genres - but have in the past few years found some really fantastic books in the YA world!!  I am currently participating in the Sneak Peek book Crescendo (and LOVED it by the way!---so if anyone didn't get an ARC--put it on your wishlist!!).  I look forward to getting this book and reading all the views that each of you have!!

Thank you B&N for this FANtastic arena!!!

Contributor
heatburg
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone! I'm a reference librarian at a small library in Illinois, and I love reading both YA books and historical fiction, so Vixen seemed like a good book to jump into First Look with.  I'm looking forward to reading it.

Reader
birdandbaby2008
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Laura. This is the first thread I have posted on for B&N's book clubs. I am not really a young adult anymore, but I still love the fiction. I am getting my masters in library science, so it is nice to read something just for fun that I can recommend to others. I look forward to reading this book and chatting with everybody!

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. --C.S. Lewis
Contributor
brilliantsunshine
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Ashley from Oregon.  I signed up for Vixen and I'm really excited about it!  I read a lot of YA and can't wait to get my copy of this.

Contributor
WickedAK
0 Kudos

Hello All!

This is my first First Look and I am very excited. I love reading Young Adult novels! Can't wait to get ahold of my copy to start reading. Looking forward to discussing it with all of you.

Alicia

Contributor
KiwiMerrill
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Jillian and I have never participated in a book club of any type before, but I have always wanted to. I am an avid reader and I love to read almost anything. I'm a big fan of series though. I get attached to the characters. I hope I get selected and I look forward to discussing Vixen with you all!
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Contributor
Thanhybaby
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I was just confirmed for the group.  My name is Thanh.  I work in the printing industry.  While I'm not a teen anymore, I still would like to think I'm a young adult.  Does 27 still count? My 5 yr. old son would tell you I'm old, but what does he know?  :smileytongue:

This is my first time participating in the B&N book clubs. I stumbled upon it while on my facebook page.  I'm literally addicted to that site.  I read a lot of YA books and try to stay up-to-date on the newest ones coming out.  I'm looking forward to "meeting" new people with like minds.