Contributor
nomadwriter
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, all! I'm really looking forward to discussing this book with you. I read mostly adult literary fiction, but I like to dabble in children's and young adult fiction from time to time too. I really enjoy historical fiction, and this era is one of my favorites, so I'm eager to see how Vixen plays out.

Carrie

http://nomadreader.blogspot.com

http://nomadreader.blogspot.com
New User
Jennifer2379
0 Kudos

Hello All-

I am new to this whole thing.  I have been on the Internet since it hit the mainstream in about 1995, but have never really gotten into chat and discussion boards before, so bear with me.  I am an avid reader and would rather sit down and curl up with a good book than do just about anything else in this world.  I just finished reading the book in question, Vixen.  I have never really looked much into this particular period, but loved the book!  Can't wait for the next one to come out.

Contributor
Myrtlemay
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am Mary! I am currently student teaching for music! I hated reading until about 3 years ago. I try to read a wide variety of books, especially young adult because those are the books my students are reading!

Contributor
harleygirl805
0 Kudos

Hey everyone-

This will be my second First Look discussion - I just took part in the Crescendo discussion last month.  I received my copy of Vixen and am looking forward to getting started.

A little about myself - I work for a mid-size public library where I do youth collection development and get to buy all sorts of awesome YA titles.  I am an avid YA reader and Vixen has been on my radar for quite some time!  I also have Bright Young Things checked out from the library and I am looking forward to seeing how the two compare since they deal with the same time frame.

Paula

New User
MrsO2010
0 Kudos

Good morning, all! I'm a newly wed (one week today!) and my husband & I are avid readers and B&N junkies. I'm thrilled to be participating in this First Look group as it's my first exposure to this part of B&N. Started reading 'Vixen' last night & I'm liking it thus far. Looking forward to the group & book.

Mrs. Ozmun
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Congratulations!  :smileywink:

MrsO2010 wrote:

Good morning, all! I'm a newly wed (one week today!) and my husband & I are avid readers and B&N junkies. I'm thrilled to be participating in this First Look group as it's my first exposure to this part of B&N. Started reading 'Vixen' last night & I'm liking it thus far. Looking forward to the group & book.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
Kim-sterr
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone. My name is Kim and I live in Idaho. This is my fist ARC book. I read from every genre but I do read more form young adult. This will be my fist 20's era book. I am very excited.

Reader 4
julieanne
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  My name is Julie.  I'm an avid reader and I read mostly young adult.  This is my first time in forums and a book club and I'm really excited to start talking about Vixen. 

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Welcome to the club and congrats on your marriage.  I have read more than half of Vixen and it is great!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Distinguished Correspondent
ClaudiaLuce
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My name is Claudia. This is my - whoops, I can't remember and I can't count (that is the reason I am not a math teacher) First Look! I enjoy participating in these discussions when my schedule as an English teacher / Cheerleading coach / flunkie at  Middle school / grandmother will allow me the tim and when my aging computer will allow me the ability!

I live in Northwest Georgia where Mother Nature will never make up her mind whether she wants the weather to be winter like, summer like, or neither! We take whatever comes our way! We may have 85 degree temps one day this month as highs and 55 the next. We live about 60 miles northwest of Atlanta and 30 miles south of Rome in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains.  Right now, we are enjoying the changing patterns of colors as our leaves begin to show their brilliance and fall! Rake, here I come!

I am mother to 2 beautiful children, a son who will be 40 in a few short weeks and a daughter who is 36.  My gorgeous grandchildren are 7, 5, and 4.  They are all the lights of my life!  My husband, who is always at work, is a precious and caring man, who puts up with my addiction - books!!

That is me in a nutshell! The book addict -- which is why I teach reading and writing and grammar to 7th graders.  I try to instill in them the love of books that I have - some I reach, some I don't.  Whatever, it is worth a try.  For every one I win over, I am enriched tenfold!

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -
-- Sir Richard Steele
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Mrs O  - - - > Congrats to you & your lovely honey

Have fun & talk with you in the discussion of the book soon.  I pretty much live at B&N on most days off because we just love to touch the books, chill over coffee, read and buy more . . . .

Good morning, all! I'm a newly wed (one week today!) and my husband & I are avid readers and B&N junkies.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Frequent Contributor
sarah_in_ca
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Sarah and I live in Southern California.  I'm currently a Library and Information Science grad student.  I love reading books, researching genealogy, photographing birds, and following politics. 

It's very nice to meet you all!  This will be my fifth time participating in the First Look program.  I'm looking forward to participating in the group discussion!

Reader
jenneinak
0 Kudos

Hi all; my name is Jenny and this is the first time I've done a first look and I'm very excited! The book sounds really good, and am excited to read it along with all of you!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

MrsO2010 wrote:

Wow you really are a newlywed Congrats!!!

Reader 2
Mande_G
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Got my copy of Vixen about 5 days ago.  This is the first advanced reading I've been part of.  I tend to read a lot of fantasy (including YA fantasy) and science fiction.  Vixen seemed like a good start to expanding my reading horizons a bit.

Looking forward to the discussions!

-Mande

Contributor
melNaac
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My name is Amy and I am from MN. A friend got me into reading YA and becoming a member with the book clubs! I am enjoying it so far! I am still new though and trying to catch up with everything, for example I just found this feed today and I have been looking around on the site for some time now! Haha. The first one I participated in was for Crescendo, which was amazing! I look forward to talking with all of you!

-Amy

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

TO MandeG:  be sure to go to the discussion and jump right in after reading the first section.

Welcome & glad you got your book!

Mande said. .    . . . .

Got my copy of Vixen about 5 days ago.  This is the first advanced reading I've been part of.  I tend to read a lot of fantasy (including YA fantasy) and science fiction.  Vixen seemed like a good start to expanding my reading horizons a bit.

Looking forward to the discussions!

Inspired Correspondent
ponkle
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Karen and I'm an adult who loves teen read books. I love reading and I love most types of book (mainly fiction) and really enjoy these book clubs. Hello to everyone and hope everyone enjoys.

Wordsmith
swan480
0 Kudos

I am way late to the introductions, and I'm pretty sure there is no way I can get through 10 pages of other people's, so please forgive me.  I'll get to know you all through your discussion posts, I'm sure.  :smileyhappy:

In case anyone is truly reading this thread, though, here's a little about me:

A friend who does these First Look Book Clubs recommended this one to me, so I signed up.  I read a lot of YA, even though I'm 30 -- I've always loved the genre and I think that some of the best books (and authors!) are young adult.  I also lean towards YA in my own writings, and hope to have something published someday.

But the main reason my friend suggested this book was because I am also a 1920s nut.  When my husband and I got married a few years ago, I found a 1929 wedding gown, and decided to plan a 1920s themed wedding.  It turned out great, and I even found the perfect cloche to go with my dress.

I've always loved the 20s, but researching the decade and planning a 20s themed wedding got me even more into the era.  Therefore I was really looking forward to Vixen.  And I have to say -- having finished the book days ago -- that it totally lived up to all of my hopes and expectations!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

TO Swan480; welcome & late is better than NOT AT ALL!

glad to have you join in & yes some of us nuts do read all these notes & get obsessed with this bookclub thing.  Never before was I so into this book club thing but the fact it is on your own terms (24 hours) you can get into the discuss anytime has truly got me hooked and reading like crazy.

Welcome again & what did you think about those flapper girls; Gloria, Lorraine, and Clara?

see the discussion section posted.