donelsonj
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Columbus area

Contributor
ccshealy
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm Carissa.  I'm a YA author and a huge fan of historical fiction.  The 20's is a favorite time period, so I'm excited about this book & what everyone has to say about it!

Reader 4
julieanne
0 Kudos

Lidrelina wrote:

Hello everyone! *waves fantically*

My name is Megan and I am 19.  I am currently a student at WIU and am a sophomore.  I am majoring in Zoology and plan to be a zookeeper.  I will be participating in NaNoWriMo this year for the third time and I am very excited for it.

If anyone really wants to know something else, go ahead and send me a message!  I'm always up for new friends!

Megan

It's nice to meet you Megan.  Good luck with NaNoWrMo.  I've always wanted to try that.  I think I'm gonna do it this year.  Have you succeeded with the 50,000 words before?
Contributor
bmxmom
0 Kudos

Hi all. This is my 1st FL and I am excited to be participating. Love Young Adult Genre!
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TO bmxmom:

I agree this book is enjoyable.  I do need to know, since you stated you like YA reads if you find some of this genre 'unrelate-able' if that is a word....

I was just looking at the board posting for another YA a bit back (hush, hush) and I see where some people are talking about high school experiences they had way back or that their kids (teens and hormonal girls) had experienced & wondered if I end up reading more of these YA fiction would I be drifting backwards to a time LONG gone and over for me?  I am in the empty nestor category and love to read all types, but I don't want to read about teens in high school and all those games, personalities, conflicts, etc. that went along with those trying times.  Which for me was well over 30 + years ago....

What do you think?

bmxmom said.    .    .     .     .

Love Young Adult Genre!

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Reader
PalmettoGirl_0124
0 Kudos

Hello all,

This is my first time participating in a first look blog on Barnes & Noble. I just started reading the book and am liking it so far. Like the author, I love the styles from the 1920s (particularly the cloche hats), and also love classic films. The 1920s is such a fun era. So I really think I'm going to enjoy this book.

I'm part of a book club, and a few other girls in the group also took part and got ARCs of Vixen. So I'm sure it will be a topic of discussion at our next meeting, and I'm sure we'll pass the book around for the others in the group to read. Can't wait!

--Melissa

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Welcome to the club bmxmom, I'm Gail and I am not a YA but do enjoy the genre.  This book is awesome, you will love it!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Frequent Contributor
Lis49
0 Kudos

I am very excited about reading Three Seconds.  I loved the books by Stieg Larsson.  Right now I am reading the Hornet book.  Lis49

Lis49
Contributor
14abetancourt

Hello everyone!!!! Im 14 going on 15 and this my first First Look read and I'm very exited! I love reading and my mom says that I burn through books faster than she can buy them :smileyvery-happy:. I chose Vixen because it worked with the theme of my recent reads. I just finished The Great Gatsby for a school project and although they are completely different I'm exited to see the age of the 20's from a different perspective!!!   

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

TO PalmettoGirl_0...

Glad you found the book club, as I prefer  to call us.  The books and choices are great.

Welcome and hope you enjoy the book as much as I did, of course I had to read it all, just couldn't put it down once I got ahold of it.  The first time participating is really fun.

you said:

This is my first time participating in a first look blog on Barnes & Noble. I just started reading the book and am liking it so far.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

WELCOME 14abetancourt!

Finally see we have someone who is actually a YA in the group.  YEAH.  Of course I am not, but it is really good to see young readers as yourself participating.  Wish this was available in my youthful days, well over 40 + years ago :smileysurprised:

How do you like participating in the group?  Are you liking the book?  Is this something you would normally gravitate towards in your reading times?

14abetancourt Stated:

Hello everyone!!!! Im 14 going on 15 and this my first First Look read and I'm very exited! I love reading and my mom says that I burn through books faster than she can buy them

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Lis49 you stated your glad about reading 3seconds & this is the VIXEN FL posting.

maybe you were just talking about the next FL read.  I too am looking forward to the next FL read as well.

Contributor
History32
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm Stacy.  I am from New York and love to read just about everything.  This is my first time participating in a First Look Selections and I am very excited.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy!  Welcome to the bookclub.

Glad your participating -enjoy

Isn't this book just great!

you stated...

I'm Stacy.  I am from New York and love to read just about everything.  This is my first time participating in a First Look Selections and I am very excited.

Contributor
sandrabrazier
0 Kudos

is Sandra, and I like to read, read, read! I am a teacher, musician and artist, Having been a teacher for many years, I have read many varieties of young adult lit before. Thanks for this opportunity Barnes and Noble!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

TO sandrabrazier;  welcome & just jump right in to discuss about the book.

you mention your an artist and musician so you will likely enjoy the music mentioned in the book

Contributor
Wendy-Loggia
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone! I'm the lucky duck who gets to edit The Flappers series . . . and I'm so glad to be here and to see your excitement about VIXEN!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Wendy, Welcome to First Look!! What a fabulous book. As you can see, we have been having a great discussion. Thank you for joining us.  :smileyhappy:

Wendy-Loggia wrote:

Hi, everyone! I'm the lucky duck who gets to edit The Flappers series . . . and I'm so glad to be here and to see your excitement about VIXEN!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Wendy-Loggia wrote:

Hi Wendy, it's easy to be excited about Vixen because it's such a well written piece of literature and knowing that it's the start of the Flappers series. We'll talk soon I'm sure

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Wendy-Loggia wrote:

Welcome to the group. What a good book! I am not YA any longer. But I think this book will appeal easily to a wider age group. What a fun book to edit, such a neat time in history. Thanks for helping bring this book to us.