Contributor
LorettaP
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hello everyone. My name is Loretta and this is my first time participating in a FL. I am really excited about receiving my copy of Vixen. I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts as well as hearing everyone elses.

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My name is Em and I have done only 1 first look (THE WAKE OF FORGIVENESS) and I really loved it.  I am now doing the teen sneak peek and I am loving all of that too.  There is nothing better than reading a good book and talking about it with other book lovers.  It is a very special community built here and I am so pleased to be part of it!!!  Can't wait to get the book and then start discussing!.

Em

You are the author of your own life story.
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

krb2g wrote:

Hi! I'm Katie, a grad student studying nineteenth-century American lit in central Virginia. I'm looking forward to this discussion. Some of the YA books I'm most excited about at the moment include the Hunger Games series, the 39 Clues series, Rick Riordan's work, and the Harry Potter series. I'm looking forward to Behemoth, The Lost Hero, and Beautiful Darkness (all out this month), and I've enjoyed the Crescendo discussion over on the Teen Reads board! Can't wait for November!

Hi krb2g,

What an exciting major!  Good luck.

Contributor
Infinitely
0 Kudos

I just got confirmed :smileyvery-happy:!!! So excited now!

Contributor
cdehn
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm officially confirmed and glad to be back with the Teen First Look book. As a teen librarian, I am excited to get in on the ARC book and be able to share it with my students in Andover, MN. Thanks for sharing this opportunity with me!  Catherine

Contributor
SSDailey
0 Kudos

Hey, my name is Sam, and this is my very first First Look. I'm really excited about this because I am just a little obsessed with the 1920s. I have a B.A. in English Literature and I am working on getting my Master's in Library Science. My main problem is going to be that I am a college student and I had the book sent to my house, not to my campus mailbox. Hopefully I can get it and read it in time for the discussions. I guess the good thing is that I am a fast reader.

Contributor
sdonahue
0 Kudos

Hi, I was confirmed this afternoon! This is my third FL.  I did Wake of Forgiveness and The Writing Circle.  I'm really excited about Vixen. I'm not a YA, but I love reading and thought that I would give this one a try. So far, I've really enjoyed the books that I've read for FL. This one looks to be another good read!

Contributor
mf99
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone. This is the first time I'll be participating in one of these "first looks." I am excited by the premise of a YA novel set in the roaring '20's.

Inspired Contributor
nymazz
0 Kudos

Hi All!

This will be my 5th First Look book, but my first with the YA genre. I am a big fan of YA fiction. I was recently lucky enough to attend the SIBA conference (Southern Indie Booksellers Alliance)  in Florida, as luck would have it, Maggie Stiefvater (author of Shiver and Linger) was there and did a reading from Linger. She was fantastic. 

Vixen sounds great and I am happy to be part of the group.

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. -Mason Cooley-
Contributor
Fairqueen2
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm a college student in the great state of New Hampshire whose majoring in Biology. This is my first First Look group. I tried to sign up for Crescendo, but all advanced copies were already gone by the time I found out. I am soo excited to read Vixen and I think it's going to be a great book. Can't wait to get it and discus it with everyone!

Reader 4
pookiehime
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Karen, and having a preteen daughter I read a lot of YA books. I'm looking forward to participating in the group.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome Nikki <pmsmrsmoose>

Ok, I have to ask what is your ID stand for?  I like it if I think I know what it stays 

This looks like a good read for all of us & I think you will be happy to be a part of the 'group of FL readers'.

This is my second book & so far I am utterly impressed with B&N; what else could be finer then to receive a free novel, read, interact & engage one another about something fun?  Well, considering that I just can't wait; saw the "big brown truck" just now- --> wanted to flag him down, but maybe next visit will be for me . . . :smileysad:

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Stewiesmom:

I love Lillian Brown cat stories & what is not to like about Sneaky Pie Brown?  What a great cat story - just reminds me of my monster babies (Smokie Jo & Ashes)  such personality and spunk in animal stories.

Claws and Effect (Mrs. Murphy Series #9) 

***consider giving them a try.  When our area B&N had the author of Sneaky Pie Brown we went to see her & it was great!  Love engaging the authors and talking about what makes them write about their topic, etc....

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hooray for Infinitely - for being confirmed

now the hard part- - - -> waiting for big brown to show up with our book

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Okay, Paul, so when is the big, brown truck going to start showing up?

Reader 2
rkhurff
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Renee, this is my first FL book.  I'm excited to participate in this.  I'm a substitute teacher and licensed to teach K-5 and waiting on my English certification.

Inspired Contributor
shmy
0 Kudos

literature wrote:

Okay, Paul, so when is the big, brown truck going to start showing up?

Ha! I don't know, but I'm excited too :smileyvery-happy:

Reader 2
Cavboyseverywhere
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I just realized that I was confirmed and I'm so excited! I am an Army wife and mom to 3. This is my first time participating in a First Look, and I can't wait to get started on the book. I love most any kind of fiction, and read YA frequently. Vixen looks great - thank you for the opportunity to participate! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
jamiesuerich
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Jamie and this is my first FL book. So excited! But I am new to this so what are the rules and such?

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Gail and welcome to FL or rather YA book club.  I am definitely not a YA but love those kind of books.  I am a retired widow living with my son and cat "Miss Kitty"!  I started with these book clubs thru B&N around a year or so ago.  I enjoy it a lot and most of the book I've read are excellent and discussing them on line is fun and interesting!  "Vixen" sounds really, really good, can't wait!

Gail

"Open a book and the world is yours"