Reader 2
suzsanharris
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Just finished reading it! Discussions start Nov.1?

Reader 4
SpoildRotEWS
0 Kudos

Hello, my name is Wendy.  This is my first time doing a First Look preview.  Full-disclosure here, I do have a part-time job at my local B&N, and several years ago, I did take part in a program where I reviewed AR copies.  I read some good books and some real stinkers, but over all I really enjoyed myseld and kind of miss it. 

I got my copy a couple of days ago, and I have to admit, I love the cover.  It is beautiful.  I've always loved the 1920s and have written some things about that era myself.

So, it's great to meet everyone and I look forward to the discussion.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome Suzebomb54!

I use to work at a University Library (many years ago-1985) & I enjoyed being surrounded by such scholarly words and volumes of great works.  I love the library and one of my hobbies is to acquire a library card everywhere I go when on travel.  

Hope you enjoy the read.

suzebomb54 wrote:     I have always loved to read and have worked in libraries for about 18 years now. I have participated in the First Look reads before and have not been disappointed yet. I can's wait to get started reading!!

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hello SpoildRotEWS !

You work at my favorite place.  I spend my entire paycheck (well at least it seems as though) in B&N.  I like to search for the big stores- our closest store is nice size but I love B&N with stairs & a sitting area, and nice environs.  These are the perks of living in the Wash Metro area where stores are everywhere, don't like your area one- wait, go up one exit on I-95, or the Beltway & there is another bookstore.

SpoildRotEWS said;

Full-disclosure here, I do have a part-time job at my local B&N, and several years ago, I did take part in a program where I reviewed AR copies.  I read some good books and some real stinkers, but over all I really enjoyed myseld and kind of miss it. 

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Don't be a spoiler.  Wait for the discussion to start.:smileysurprised:

October isn't even over yet - that was quick!

suzsanharris said: 

Just finished reading it! Discussions start Nov.1?

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome Krista (cubicleBlindness):

I see there are many newbies, yet I think it is a good mix of veterans, newbies & young and older readers; that will make the discussion portion go smoothly - well at least lively from different perspectives I believe.

Welcome & hope to have a good time with the discussion of 

Vixen

New User
RPoma72
0 Kudos

Greetings!  We signed up for this "First Look" because we are a book club that reviews all sorts of romance including Young Adult since we are mothers who live with young adults every day.  And we're just nosy enough to want to read what they're reading!  The plus side is that we enjoy the books too.

I am posting for our group - my name is Rebecca - but we're all hoping to read the book and discuss it when we meet in a few weeks.  Our group is called the Guilty Indulgence Book Club.  Most of us blog too at our site: http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogspot.com/.

I am off to read now... can't wait to discuss the book and meet others who love this genre as much as we do!

Contributor
flipendo
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm Kimberly and this is my second First Look book, and my first YA First Look book.

I love to read! I just don't have enough time to read as often as I'd like. While I have accounts with Shelfari and LibraryThing, my primary reader site is Goodreads. I can be found here: http://www.goodreads.com/flipendo

I look forward to reading this book with you all!

Cheers!
Kimberly

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Very nice blog.  :smileyhappy:

RPoma72 wrote:

Greetings!  We signed up for this "First Look" because we are a book club that reviews all sorts of romance including Young Adult since we are mothers who live with young adults every day.  And we're just nosy enough to want to read what they're reading!  The plus side is that we enjoy the books too.

I am posting for our group - my name is Rebecca - but we're all hoping to read the book and discuss it when we meet in a few weeks.  Our group is called the Guilty Indulgence Book Club.  Most of us blog too at our site: http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogspot.com/.

I am off to read now... can't wait to discuss the book and meet others who love this genre as much as we do!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Reader
Leaora
0 Kudos

Well, I got the book the other day and I love it thus far. I can't wait to start the discussion. I've never done a book reading thing like this before and I hope to do more. I <3 books! (Although I guess I'm not alone in that here)

Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

My name is Donna. I'm a (not so) young adult.:smileyvery-happy:  This is my first FL book. I've already started reading VIXEN and I'm looking forward to discussing the book with everyone else.

Donna 

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

To Leaora:  Welcome & Enjoy!

Even though you have never done this before I think you will be pleasantly surprised how much fun reading and discussing the novel/book will be when you get started.

You are not alone & we will help you navigate thru the process too.  It is nice to have veteran readers/book club members, newbies, and new readers as well.  We all share the experience we get from reading novels and especially new FL ones that makes it well worth being a part of the group!

See you on the discussion posts later  :smileyhappy:

YOU STATED:  Well, I got the book the other day and I love it thus far. I can't wait to start the discussion. I've never done a book reading thing like this before and I hope to do more.

Contributor
mystrelle
0 Kudos

Just got my copy yesterday.  I am really looking forward to getting started on it.

Contributor
BoilerWriter
0 Kudos

Stacey,

Love your husband comment. Men have a much easier time adjusting. They aren't as sentimental. I can relate. We moved from a Chicago suburb back to my home state 2 1/2 yrs ago, but I learned quickly that deep down I was a suburban girl. I had the tendency to say I lived in Paradise. When the local environment frustrated me, my husband would remind me that I no longer lived in Paradise. Found a great local writers group here, great neighbors, but still have trouble referring to our house as 'home'. Still feel a connection to Paradise. Thought I was the only one.

Contributor
BoilerWriter
0 Kudos

I wonder why they needed you to sign for it. Found my book by the front door last Thursday. They didn't even ring the door bell. Different states, different procedures I guess. Good luck!

New User
Randirm79
0 Kudos

Hello all, my name is Randi. I live in southern Arizona. I like reading the YA books, but I normally read the sci-fi/fantasy genre. So, I thought I would try something a little different! Recieved my copy of Vixen last week.....and read the whole thing yesterday..lol. Very good book! Can't wait to discuss it! :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
MissShopaholic
0 Kudos

I'm Dee. From S. Texas here. looking foward to participating. How many chapters will we be discussing on Nov 1st?

Contributor
amt19
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have had the luck to be able to do a few first look reviews.

I now have the book and can't wait to get started.

Contributor
julz_b
0 Kudos

am in GA. can't wait to start reading and discussion sessions...

Reader
Mandy_Marie0309
0 Kudos

Hello fello book lovers! I just recieved my copy of Vixen in the mail and read it in a matter of two days. It was trully an interesting read and I can't wait to start talking about it. I have some definite opinions on this one and can't wait to find out what others had to say!! Well till then... Happy Reading Everyone!! : )

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. ~Paul Sweeney