Author
Jillian-Larkin
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi everyone!  I'm so excited to have the chance to talk about my first book with people who get as excited about literature and good storytelling as I do. If you loved the 1920s before, I hope I've done that marvelous era some justice.  And if you didn't used to be a fan of the Jazz Age, I'll be delighted if VIXEN helped to spark a little bit of interest in that period.

I've been reading along with this past week's discussion, and may I just say: You are some wonderfully insightful readers! I hope you continue to have anywhere near the level of fun reading VIXEN as I know I'm going to have discussing it with all of you.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Jillian, it is truly a pleasure to welcome you to First Look! I have been enjoying your book so much and can't wait to read the final section for discussion next week. We have been having a great time discussing the book and its characters, and it is great to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

Jillian-Larkin wrote:

Hi everyone!  I'm so excited to have the chance to talk about my first book with people who get as excited about literature and good storytelling as I do. If you loved the 1920s before, I hope I've done that marvelous era some justice.  And if you didn't used to be a fan of the Jazz Age, I'll be delighted if VIXEN helped to spark a little bit of interest in that period.

I've been reading along with this past week's discussion, and may I just say: You are some wonderfully insightful readers! I hope you continue to have anywhere near the level of fun reading VIXEN as I know I'm going to have discussing it with all of you.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Jillian-Larkin wrote:

Welcome. Isn't it fun to hear what everyone is thinking and is predicting. You have written a beautiful novel to discuss. The second section discussion is just starting. And two more sections to go. It has been so hard not to keep reading. I love the characters. I am glad to hear there is second book.

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy and welcome to the discussion of the great book "Vixen"!  As you can see we are all loving it, I know I am!

Kittysmom

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Wendy - Welcome to the club.

You are very lucky - so many of us club members commented on the book.  I loved this one very much so.  Recommend to anyone who looks for a good read.  You must of had to do some character analysis to be in tune with the writing by the author.  Welcome & feel free to share how you come about editing the book - sound very cool

Wendy said..

Hi, everyone! I'm the lucky duck who gets to edit The Flappers series . . . and I'm so glad to be here and to see your excitement about VIXEN!

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

I realized that I love Series books - I do not like having to wait until the next one is out though.

I guess I will take a lesson in patience instead, at least during the meantime......

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Wendy-Loggia

can't wait until the rest of the series are released and ready to paw over.

you said .  .   .

ho gets to edit The Flappers series 

Frequent Contributor
Lis49
0 Kudos

I was talking about the book 3 Seconds.  I haven't gotten it yet.  i just finished the Girl that Kicked Over the Hornets Nest and really enjoyed it.  I wish that there were more books in the series.  It will be interesting to compare those books with 3 Seconds.

Lis49
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Immortal-Spirit wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Immortal-Spirit wrote:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Karen and I'm from the Eastern Shore of Maryland.  This will be my first Young Adult book.  This is great weather to cozy up with a book.  I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts with you and reading yours.

Immortal-Spirit:

I have a house on the Eastern Shore in Berlin, MD near Assateague Island off of South Point Rd. The Ocean City Golf and Yacht Club is the exact location at the 6th tee box. Presently, I live in Upper Bucks County PA but will be retiring to my Eastern Shore home in a few years.

I agree the weather is great for reading and I am looking forward to this book. I have participated in about a dozen of the FL books in the past. I have enjoyed each and every one - they have allowed me to branch out my comfort zone.

That's wild!  I'm originally from Philly. 

I was born in South Philly, so that is wild! Where are you on the eastern shore?

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hey Immortal-Spirit

totally jealous about that wonderful word 'retirement'.  Wow!  that is such a cool plan to retire on the eastern shore.  Such a wonderful and serene place to be- near the water

you stated:

I live in Upper Bucks County PA but will be retiring to my Eastern Shore home in a few years

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Lis49 - - I am still waiting for my book too.  

I certainly hope it doesn't come too, too soon because I may get in trouble by reading it ahead of schedule, plus lots of papers to write & school work (UMUC) to get done before that time

you stated:                            I was talking about the book 3 Seconds.  I haven't gotten it yet.

Contributor
Savysweets
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!

My name is Savannah and I love to read ya books. This is my first time participating in the first look program. I also run a book blog called Books with Bite.(www.bookswithbite.net)  I look forward to reading this book!

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

Savannah,

Welcome to FL, YA, selection 'VIVEN" and the discussions.  This is my first YA selection also. Can't wait for the next in this series.  I have participated in seven other selections and enjoyed many of them.

I tried to visit your website, however it can not be located?  Can you advise me what to do.  Thanks

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome Savysweets!

What is all involved in running a book blog?  Are you immersed in it daily or do you post whenever you have time?  Are you tethered to the board for posting info?  Sounds like fun with the blog.  How many followers are you recording these days?  Are your books on the blog a specific genre?

Enjoy the VIXEN it was wonderful to read.  

good luck

you said:

This is my first time participating in the first look program. I also run a book blog called Books with Bite

Contributor
Savysweets
0 Kudos

Hello and thank you for the welcome. My website is http://www.bookswithbite.net I don't undertstand why it didn't work. Sorry about the trouble.

Contributor
Savysweets
0 Kudos

Hello and thank you for the welcome! And yes running a book blog takes a lot of time and patience. I read alot and have to make sure my post go up in time for others to see. When I started it, I was on my blog 24-7. Now I only get on for a couple of hours a day. Now that I have a format going, I just continue to update. So far I have over 500 followers and growing. To me thats a lot but there are other bloggers who have thousands. I love running my blog. Since I Love reading, I always have a book in my hand and always ready to talk about one. LOL

Frequent Contributor
Lis49
0 Kudos

That is great.  I am just starting out.  Have you gotten your copy of 3 seconds yet?

Lis49
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Savysweets - -I finally checked out your website & it is indeed a WOW factor for sure.  Perhaps the web link was 'possessed'.:smileyhappy:

I don't know how folks have that much time to do this type of thing all the time.  I would never get anything else completed; PT, gardening, sewing, knitting, upholstery, cat play, or gourmet cooking.  Perhaps my issue is I have way, way too many other hobbies that I love and can't get them all done nor dedicate the time to do any one of them full time enough because work always gets in the way too!  

I like your site, although I dislike demonic, paranormal reading for myself, your website & set-up is very good for those who read that genre.  Good job. You certainly have enough followers I think.

savysweets stated:                                       I don't undertstand why it didn't work. Sorry about the trouble.

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

This time it worked just fine. Very interesting website. Thank you.

Contributor
wellreadwife
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My name is Mandy. I blog over at WellReadWife.com. This is my second sneak peak with B&N. My first was Crescendo which I absolutely loved! I just turned 35 but I still love YA! I'm looking forward to discussing Vixen once I get finished!