Frequent Contributor
Allison_Fishman
0 Kudos

Author Visit: 12/18 Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman Cooks 1-3PM EST

So how many of you out there have a fantasy about some cowboy (or cowgirl) coming to town and sweeping you away to a life on the ranch? I can't be the only one.

For Ree Drummond, that fantasy came to fruition. A suburban girl who grew up on a golf course, she went to a USC, and spend time in LA loving the urban lifestyle. During a visit home, and a night out with friends, she found herself a cowboy to love. They married, had four kids and live on a ranch together in a blissful state that seems like a movie, or at least a throwback to a simpler time.

But this is Ree's real life, and she's got the recipes and stories to prove it, all tucked away in this lovely little cookbook / visit to the ranch. Ree's made the recipes, taken the pictures (gorgeous shots of sunrise at the ranch, her beautiful kids, dogs, cows...). Her recipes will keep everyone fed, from breakfast through dinner (and of course pies and dessert). Some of my favorites include Marmalade Muffins and Migas (to start the day), and Chicken Fried Steak and Rib Eye Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce (to end it). In between, you'll find Olive Cheese Bread, Potato-Leek Pizza and Maple Pecan Scones.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks is a visit to a fantasy world that just so happens to be Ree's real life! Please welcome Ree to our board, and fire away with those questions!

pioneer woman

Contributor
Trish-in-MO
0 Kudos

Re: Author Visit: 12/18 Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman Cooks 1-3PM EST

Ree, I've been following you on your website for nearly two years now, and I've seen you touch lives in so many ways. I want to say congratulations for all the well-deserved success!

I wish I found you earlier, in the days when you could actually reply to posts that asked questions. That's one thing I'm sorry I missed out on. Do you miss one-on-one contact with your readers?

Also, it seems you are stretched so thin with the variety of areas of your website, and your life, that you share: 'Confessions', 'Cooking', 'Photography', 'Home and Garden', 'Homeschooling', and now of course the fantabulous cooking community of TastyKitchen.com!  All this kept up while writing your first immensely successful cookbook, and going on booksigning tours. How do you prioritize it all!? Do you just take things day by day?

Now that your cookbook is under your belt, are there plans for "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" to be published?

And last but not least: when are you getting your own home cooking show!?

Thanks!

Trish

Contributor
Trish-in-MO
0 Kudos

I fibbed; I had two other questions!

I was devastated when I could not drive up for the Kansas City nor the St. Louis book signings!  Do you think you'll have any more book signings in the new year at all?

And.. this may be sacrilege but.. can you halve your cinnamon roll recipe? I want to try it so badly, but I'm so scared of messing up such a large amount!

Again, thank you for sharing so much of yourself, and your family, in your cookbook, on your website, and every place you go.  You are a rare find, Ree Drummond. Don't ever change! And please write more cookbooks and BOOKS!

Always,

Trish in Mo

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Hey, guys! I'll be here in about twenty minutes...looking forward to anwering questions, and I'll try not to misspell any words. :smileyhappy:

New User
clg0513
0 Kudos

Ree, How do you deal with picky eaters...especially the hubby.  He will only eat potatoes & green beans as far as veggies go - no mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc.  and I'm tired of the same 5 meals over and over....

oh and where do you get your clothes - love the outfit you wore in Nashville!!! 

New User
RachelMari
0 Kudos

Dear Ree,

I met you in New York, and was so excited at the time I completely forgot to ask you my number 1 question!!  Is PW's version of The Bachelor, with Cowboy Josh, going to happen?  And where can I sign up?

-Rachel

New User
SherryIs40
0 Kudos

What does Christmas look like at your house?  Are y'all a gifts on Christmas Eve, Santa on Christmas morning kind of family or what?  And most importantly ... tell me about your holiday meals - go slowly and use great detail :smileywink:

New User
Photosadie
0 Kudos

Hi Ree!  I'm Shelley in Amarillo.

I've followed your blog since the first month you started.

My question is, how do you deal with the fact that people recognize you in public? Is it delighful or does it get tedious?  You're practically an "internet household" name. 

Did you ever imagine this would happen?

Author
Ree_Drummond

...Words like "answering", for instance.

New User
JenGraham
0 Kudos

Hi Ree! I just want to say thank you for being so wonderful to your fans. I met you at your Los Angeles book signing in Torrance after waiting line to meet you for three hours. You were so gracious and talked to each of us as you signed our cookbooks. I was the lady with the little blonde boy with the HotWheels book at the end of the line. Thanks again for spending time with each one of us!

~Jen Graham
http://whatsfordinnerjen.wordpress.com/
New User
shelly7997
0 Kudos

Hi Ree,

I've been reading your blog for a  few years and I LOVE it!  Thank you for taking the time to share your life with all of us. 

I have a weird question - but a fun one: "You win five million dollars from the Publisher's sweepstakes and the same day as that big Ed guy gives you the check, aliens land on the Earth and say they're going to blow up the world in two days" (name that movie)...what would you cook as your last meal??

Happy Holidays to you and your family!!

Shelly

New User
sarahcaiafa
0 Kudos

do you plan to do more touring in 2010?

New User
kim_c1980
0 Kudos

Hi Ree!  I am a recent reader of your blog and I just want to tell you how funny and exhuberant I think you are.  You are a real inspiration.  I live in the NY area and was so sad to have missed you!  My question is, who are your culinary inspirations?

Happy holidays and thank you for sharing your life experiences! 

Kim C from CT

ps - my friend Marjorie got very sick when you were in NYC and couldn't make it to see you either.  DRATS!  She was supposed to deliver the above message so here's a shout out for her too!!  :smileyhappy:

New User
JenGraham
0 Kudos

Oh and I made your chocolate sheet cake Wednesday. It was DIVINE.

And now I have to ask, what kind of exercising do you do to keep in such fabulous shape? Your recipes are delightful but not figure friendly. :smileyhappy:

~Jen Graham
http://whatsfordinnerjen.wordpress.com/
New User
MarriageConfessions
0 Kudos

Hi Ree!

My husband, 6 month old baby, and I met you in New York.  We were so excited that we got there super early and were one of the first to blubber over you. 

I was wondering what all those cowboys thought about your blog and about you taking pictures of them all the time?  Do they ever get annoyed?  Do they think its funny?  Do they know how big you are?  (Big as in your blog, not big as in "Whoa, Lady, lay off the cupcakes!")

Thanks for all the laughs and inspiration!

~ Katie

www.marriageconfessions.com

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

For TRISH-in-MO:

Do I miss one-on-one contact with readers?

It's so funny to ready that question after the past six weeks of meeting, talking with, and hugging so many folks who read my site! But I know what you're saying---when my site was tiny, I could reply to individual comments. But now it's more of a community, which I love. Often, other readers reply to questions in the comments, etc. I loved the site/readership back in 2006 when I began...and I love it just as much now.

Are there plans for Black Heels to be published?

YES! I'm working on the published version right now, which will include all that you've read online, with and entire "Part Two" added. Part Two will be very different from Part One!

New User
mmdubois08
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hey Ree,  How would you best describe the process of developing your own cookbook for someone who is interested in making their own?  

PS-It was great meeting you in Houston. My boyfriend (who asked about Charlie) loved you too! Hope you enjoyed the cooking snow-woman ornament!

Megan  (m2manologs.blogspot.com)

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

TRISH:

Yes, I'll be having a handful of signings in the spring. I'm still figuring out where, but probably Portland, Seattle, S.F., somewhere in Ohio, and D.C.

First, though, I must wash underwear.

New User
Megan_OD
0 Kudos

Like you I'm in love with a Cowboy... but when Christmas time rolls around,  I never know what to get him for Christmas.... Chicago doesn't exactly have Western stores around, and I'm at a loss for what to get him...any ideas?

New User
Laurs826
0 Kudos

Hi Ree! I met you in West Chester and you're so charming and fabulous!!

My question is do you ever feel overwhelmed with all the success? As your blog grows bigger and bigger do you feel like it might become a chore rather than something fun to do?