Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
oo0oo
0 Kudos

Re: Author Visit: 12/18 Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman Cooks 1-3PM EST

Ree, that's great that you're working on a Black Heels book!  So glad to hear that!

Do you think you might do a book on photography in the future?

Also, what percentage of the time do you think you post SOOC pictures on your site, or do you always tinker with them in Photoshop first?

Thanks!  So excited that you're thinking of coming out to SF in the New Year for your book tour--would love to meet you!

-Aphrodite

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Oh my gosh, MadScientist. I am clutching my stomach and wiping tears. She knew what she was doing! She just didn't know your husband had pulled up and parked right behind the pickup. Live and learn...

See you tomorrow!

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

oo0oo

Do you think you might do a book on photography in the future?

Also, what percentage of the time do you think you post SOOC pictures on your site, or do you always tinker with them in Photoshop first?

I'm not sure about a book on photography---it would have to be from the only standpoint I could take, which is "I'm not a pro, pros know much more than me...but here's how I taught myself." I think it would be a fun book to work on, but I'd have to have someone keep me on message!

I very rarely post SOOC shots on my website, unless I'm using them to demonstrate a Photoshop technique. There's always sharpening to be done! :smileyhappy:

New User
KimberlyWilt
0 Kudos

Just wanna say.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  Hope you have a great Christmas and a fantastic New Year! 

New User
JenGraham
0 Kudos

I am glad you are still on.

In your wildest dreams did you think your "tiny little blog" would ever become the success that it is?

~Jen Graham
http://whatsfordinnerjen.wordpress.com/
New User
rhinosonthego
0 Kudos

Ree,

LOVE your blog!  I've just ordered your cookbook and can't wait to try out some of your recipes.  I've already tried a few from the online collection and they're great.

I'm a homeschooling Mom too, using Sonlight as well. I hope to see more posts on homeschooling.  My boys want to make their own nativity scene so we'll be starting on that soon.

I also just purchased a Nikon D5000 and will be using some of your tips to get better photos.

My question is "how on earth do you get everything done in a day?"  you must be so busy now, do you have an assistant? and does MM like stepping in for homeschooling when you're busy?

thanks and Merry Christmas,

Sabrina

New User
JenGraham
0 Kudos

Oh! I also want to say THANK YOU for your "boost" action. It makes my sad little photos look like they were actually taken with a "good" camera instead of my sad little point and shoot.

~Jen Graham
http://whatsfordinnerjen.wordpress.com/
Reader 2
sb_n_e
0 Kudos

ree,

my husband and i are spending our first christmas without any of our family.  :smileysad:  any recommendations for food i should make to make the holiday seem more festive?

sarabeth

New User
oo0oo
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Ree!  I'm not great with Photoshop, and I always wonder if my photos could be vastly improved with actions and such...  Yours are always so lovely--I especially admire the dramatic sunset shots that you capture.  Thanks for the PS tutorials and the actions--they're really helpful to PS beginners like me!

New User
pamelotta
0 Kudos

Hey Ree!

I loved going to your Dallas book signing. I had never done anything like that before so I dragged my mom, sister and my 3 year old daughter along. Four hours never went by so fast! And I got to meet The Green Wife (hi Abbie!). I gave you the cd of my husband's music. If you've had a chance to listen, do you have a favorite??? No pressure :smileywink:

Let's see...a question. How much sleep do you get a night on average. If MM gets you up at 4, you'd have to go to bed at 10 just to get 6 hours. I rarely make it to bed before 10 with all I have to do.

Pamelotta

www.pamelotta.blogspot.com (the one who hasn't blogged in over a year)

New User
lann53
0 Kudos

Just want to let you all know that Just west of Minnesota is the great state of DAKOTA.

But will admit I have men in Montana and Minnesota.

Learned a lot from Pioneer Woman and it's not just the cookin.

Frequent Contributor
Allison_Fishman
0 Kudos

Ree,

Thank you for an exceptional visit, wonderful advice and humor. I've copied a few of your quotes from this conversation to hang on my wall for inspiration. They include:

"Two things: I just don't step back and ever think, "Wow---I'm a success!" Never, ever. I just feel like a big mess most of the time (my closet would prove this if you saw it.) That I've accomplished anything in the realm of blogging (or with my cookbook) is as much a testament to how much I love it as anything else. It has never, ever felt like a chore to me at all. I look forward to it every day."

"I have never been successful at laundry. This is because I do not love laundry."

"But I think one thing that's almost always consistent is that no matter what's going on with either of us, Marlboro Man and I always go to bed together. It's kind of an intangible way of saying, "We got through another day, and we did it together."

And thank you, Ree's Friends, for asking terrific questions and bringing your enthusiasm.

Happy Holidays, y'all,

Allison

Inspired Wordsmith
basson_mommy12
0 Kudos

I literally JUST made Ree's recipe for cinnamon rolls for the first time this morning and split it up on paper plates to distribute as Christmas gifts for my husband's co-workers.  They LOVED them!  I already got one email thanking me directly since he KNOWS my hubby didn't make them. 

I myself couldn't help it - I at 3 of them myself and now, I feel like I never want to eat again, although, maybe just ONE more... :smileyvery-happy:

"The Answer to the Great Question of ... Life, the Universe and Everything ... (is) 42." -- Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Ruth W.
Grand Rapids, MI