Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
andreaboettcher
0 Kudos

Re: Author Visit: 12/18 Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman Cooks 1-3PM EST

Yay Ohio!!! I am so excited.... Cincinnati is pretty great.... I'm just sayin'!

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Hi, Cig!

Picky eaters: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...but you've got to keep things exciting by introducing a new dish/meal every once in awhile---preferably when they aren't experiencing an attack of LBSCBDO (low blood sugar cranky butt disorder.)

Clothes: My sister Missy dressed me! She told me I could not buy one more silk, flowy, floral top, so I started picking up more fitted jackets...and tucking my jeans into my boots. Instantly updates a look!

New User
FireWifeKatie
0 Kudos

Hi, Ree! Do you plan on continuing your "blogging college" series? I've appreciated all of the tips and hope that you'll be able to complete it. You know, because you have tons of free time. :smileywink:

New User
sarahcaiafa
0 Kudos

Please do south carolina too! we love you here =) Can you purchase a signed copy?

New User
ktmama09
0 Kudos

Hi Ree!  My husband and I love your site and your new cookbook.  He does most of the cooking, and I do the baking.  His favorite recipe from your site right now has to be the chicken parm- it is fantastic!!!

Two questions.  First, and I'm sure you've been asked this a million times, do you ever plan to reveal Marlboro Man's first name?  Second, any tips for teaching kids values and hard work, especially when it comes to their studies? 

Thanks so much!

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

RACHEL:

Yes, "The Ranchelor" is being planned as we speak! I'll be sure to give you all the info on the site. Josh is all for it---I'm trying to make sure it's done "right", remains wholesome, and emphasizes the important things about committing your life to another person.

In other words, there will be no hot tubs invovled. :smileywink:

New User
jfox3977
0 Kudos

Hi Ree,

I stared at you while you signed my book in Houston, TX :smileyhappy: Star struck!

I would love to know approximately what type of schedule you keep for a day or week.  Do you have set times that you try and sit down at the computer to write or edit photos etc?  or are you an on the fly when you fit it in girl? 

I just don't know how it is possible to run a household, homeschool, cook delicious food and make beautiful pictures of EVERYTHING and not go crazy or have kids hanging off your arms etc.  Do the kids spend majority of their day with you at the house or MM out on the ranch?

I love everything you do and the way to write, keep it up you put a smile on my face when I just think I'm going to crack :smileyhappy:

Jennifer

New User
Heidi75
0 Kudos

Hi Ree -

It was great to meet you in Chicago. My daughters and I stood in line for 4 hours waiting to get our books signed and to meet part of your loving family. 

I was wondering how your family is handling your newly found successes? Does MM handle all of the new attention? 

My husband swears up and down that you have a whole crew of peeps working for you and cannot believe you do all of this stuff yourself.  I think he is wrong, because you are part superwoman.  Please settle our arguement, please!!!!

Contributor
Trish-in-MO
0 Kudos

SARAHCHAIAFA:  Ooooh signed copies... sounds like a great GIVEAWAY idea!  :smileywink:

New User
BrandieVA
0 Kudos

Ree,

Do you think that cooking and getting back to cooking basics is part of popular culture right now?  And do you think (or do you want to) get as popular and a household name as Paula Deen?

I love your book as well as the tasty kitchen website!  Thanks again!

Brandie in VA

New User
MarriageConfessions
0 Kudos

Oh yeah!  I've always wanted to know about her schedule, too!  How does she find the time?!??!

~ Katie

www.marriageconfessions.com

New User
lemontree
0 Kudos

Any advice for the aspiring food blogger? Something you wish you would have known sooner?

(ps, it delights me to no end to hear you're considering Portland!)

Reader
sweetreads
0 Kudos

Ree,

I love your entire web page:smileyhappy: I have been reading through the archives of confessions...they always bring a smile to my face..thanks.

My question is: have you ever considered writing a novel? You have a way with words, so I think you would rock at writing a novel!! I love your cookbook too!!

Sarah

Sweetreads:smileyhappy:
New User
sarahcaiafa
0 Kudos

I'd be happy to host one.

New User
JenGraham
0 Kudos

Re: KTMama09

Marlboro Man's name is in the cookbook. :smileyhappy:

~Jen Graham
http://whatsfordinnerjen.wordpress.com/
Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

To Sherryls40:

We do Christmas morning! Usually before the sun comes up, because the kids decide that's the one day to get even with Marlboro Man and me for getting them up at 4:00 am to work cattle throughout the year.

We do Christmas Eve at my in-laws' house and we all (mother-in-law, Missy, and I) cook together.

We go to my dad's a couple of days before Christmas so I can give Mike his Hooters gift card.

My holiday approach is always, always, always: no stress. No freaking out. It's about Christmas...not perfectly ironed tablecloths.

Or, in my case, tablecloths at all.

New User
JenGraham
0 Kudos

ooh I thought of another question!

Is Ree short for something? If it is, what is it short for?

~Jen Graham
http://whatsfordinnerjen.wordpress.com/
Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

SHELLEY IN AMARILLO: Howdy!

Okay, first...thanks for hanging with me through the years. :smileyhappy:

Second, with very few exceptions, I do not get recognized in public. When it's in context---a rodeo, for instance, or a blogging event---I will get recognized. But out among the English, it's not like I have to wear dark glasses or hats. :smileyhappy:

There have been a handful of funny little coincidences---the New York subway last summer, for instance. Total fluke!

New User
Buckarooblues
0 Kudos

hey Ree...

I want to know whether you and the girly girls liked Eloise? And whether the champagne was still good...lol...

And did you get to do any touristy stuff when you were in MN? Did you have time to take the punks to the Sculpture Garden? And did you see the MTM statue?

And did you get to go to any other restaurants besides the one in your hotel? Did you get to have sushi at the Mall? Do you have plans to come back with the girl punks? I bet they would have loved the shopping...

And...did MM have a full vehicle with all the goodies you were given on the leg of the Griswold tour where you drove?

Oh...and would you please tell your random winner generator to please pick me the next time you give away a decent camera?

New User
sarahcaiafa
0 Kudos

so glad its not about the table cloths as my dog just single handedly ate mine! I love the laid back approch to xmas