Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Re: Author Visit: 12/18 Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman Cooks 1-3PM EST

SHELLY:

Last Meal:

Ribeye steak, medium rare

Lobster Tail

Creamed Spinach

Burgundy Mushrooms (in my cookbook---to DIE for)

Creme Brulee

Coffee with tons of cream

A bottle of chardonnay

A Diet Dr. Pepper

YUM!

New User
beanrawoods
0 Kudos

Hey Ree!  My sister and I came to see you in Dallas!  While there sitting in the long line of people trying to meet you we wondered what Marlbro Man and your kids think of your new found fame?  Do they think its crazy that people giggle and snap pictures when they see you?  It must be strange!!!

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

To JEN GRAHAM:

"What kind of exercising do you do to keep in such fabulous shape?"

Ha. Ho. Hee. Ha.

I wear Spanx that are way too small for me!!!!

Seriously, I've got a good fifteen that won't budge. They're all between my sternum and my pelvis. Someone come and take them from me!

New User
Photosadie
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ree....

And BIG CONGRATS on the book. I love mine.  Took it to work and "sold" more for ya.

Merry Christmas.

Shelley

New User
Rylies_Mama
0 Kudos

Hi Ree!

I ordered my twin sister your cookbook for Christmas and it pained me to wrap it up....I was having a blast reading it!  (I think my wonderful husband may have caught the hint and ordered me a copy too).

My question is about your Cinnamon Rolls.  My twin sis and I are making them together next week and giving them to friends and neighbors but I want to save a batch for Christmas morning.  This is my daughter's first Christmas and we have a ton of family coming over.  Do I freeze the Cinnamon Rolls on Tuesday or do I put them in the fridge until Friday? 

P.S. I think my husband did cartwheels the day I made your Chicken and Rice soup...not easy for a man that's 6 1/2 feet tall!

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

KATE/MarriageConfessions.com

Kate, it was great meeting you and your cute husband and baby!

"I was wondering what all those cowboys thought about your blog and about you taking pictures of them all the time?  Do they ever get annoyed?"

No one has ever objected to my getting in their face with my camera. :smileyhappy:

I think they all know I'll make 'em look good, and that I won't use the photos to poke too much fun at them. 'Cept for Pesky Tim. I poke a lot of fun at him. But only 'cause I like him so much. He's a great guy!

Contributor
Trish-in-MO
0 Kudos

How does it feel to see that red "AUTHOR" under your name!!???

Contributor
Trish-in-MO
0 Kudos

*cough* wish they had an 'edit' function...

red name, with "Author" under it

New User
Tracy3906
0 Kudos

Hi Ree!

Do you ever come to Stillwater? I keep hoping the library will host a book signing for you!

And your Pinto Beans and Cornbread. I've tried this several times but I have 2 problems: I can't find the 'Pinto Bean Seasoning' anywhere and my beans always come out dry and hard. What could I be doing wrong?

And I'm making my first Turkey for all the fam for Christmas next week - any tips? I've read your instruction several times and I'm still scared to death!

Thanks,

Tracy

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

MMDubois08

"Hey Ree,  How would you best describe the process of developing your own cookbook for someone who is interested in making their own?" 

Oh, gosh...I never, ever set out (when I started my blog) to write a cookbook. It just came about as I started blogging and finding out that I not only loved food...I loved talking about (and writing about) food. I also love telling people that they can do things I can do...because they can. I don't possess special skills!

My biggest piece of advice is: be passionate about your subject matter. It will shine through!

New User
JenGraham
0 Kudos

Haha! LOL about the Spanx, It's just god genes then. Alas. My figure is by Betty Crocker. And now your chocolate sheet cake,

~Jen Graham
http://whatsfordinnerjen.wordpress.com/
New User
KimberlyWilt
0 Kudos

Hi Ree!

First off, I love your blog and cookbook!  I had a great time at the Houston booksigning event.  Thanks for coming our way.

I'm new to home schooling my precious kiddo and was wondering what curricula you use?  And how do you work out your schedule and work station for the kids?

Thanks!

Kimberly Wiltshire

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

MEGAN_OD

"Like you I'm in love with a Cowboy... but when Christmas time rolls around,  I never know what to get him for Christmas.... Chicago doesn't exactly have Western stores around, and I'm at a loss for what to get him...any ideas?"

I have an answer for you! I've found this out through the years.

TOOLS!

A cowboy already has a saddle, and he wants to buy his own jeans, boots, and hats. But a cowboy works outside, whether on the horse or on the vehicles or on a building. So I always get MM tools...and he always ooohs and aaahs.

Nothing fancy---just different sizes of screwdrivers and pliers!

New User
AStarronDelmarva
0 Kudos

Hi Ree!

I must tell you how much I enjoy your Blog and your cookbook.

I love hearing your version of stories. You make even the embarrassing moments funny. But mostly - I love to see pics and hear stories about Charlie! I am a sucker for Basset Hounds! And he is a perfect specimen!

Thanks for keeping us entertained! You ROCK!

Starr (on Delmarva)

New User
TheParkWife
0 Kudos

Ree,

Your old internet friend The Park Wife here. Just dropped by to show you some support today.

Hmmm... a question, what are the punks getting for Christmas this year? What do the little ranch hands want?

Now, let's talk Pioneer Woman shirts, how can I get one or a few for my bloggy friends? We Arkansas folks did not get to partake of those sweet cotton wonders. The No shirt, No shoes, No service really hurts trade in Arkansas. Just think, you could help our economy by providing shirts, now if we can just get people to wear shoes.

Anyway, I am so happy for you and your success. For all of those who have not bought your copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks, order it NOW!  It is the perfect gift for your friends this holiday season.

The Park Wife

New User
kam617
0 Kudos

Hey Ree!  I love your site and love the cookbook!  I, too, am making your Cinnamon Rolls next Tuesday and was wondering about freezing them.  Better to freeze and reheat on Christmas morning or refrigerate? I'm so excited to try them!  Thanks for taking the time to talk to us. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Trish-in-MO
0 Kudos

TheParkWIfe: YES!! Pioneer Woman customizable collectibles! Shirts, aprons, car clings, something.. anything, EVERYthing! I'd buy!

New User
Melisa_Lee
0 Kudos

PW -

My experience at your signing in Austin was truly incredible. Your entire family was so gracious and accommodating.  Thank you, and them, for being so kind and taking the time to make everyone feel special.

That said, I didn't ever get an answer to my question that night: Who would you have play Marlboro Man if a movie was made of your life? :smileyhappy:

I also was a complete spaz when leaving SA for Austin that night and didn't bring a FD shirt for your brother - although I enjoyed MM taking the time while signing my cookbook to relay his memories of burning when he was young!!  :smileyhappy:

I know you've mentioned before people mailing shirts to you for your brother MIke and wondered where they mailed them to?  I realize you probably wouldnt want to just give out your address on the WWW but if you have a PO box or general delivery address you were willing to share I would love to increase his FD shirt wardrobe as my hubby works for two FDs and I could even throw in an EMS helicopter shirt to boot if he would like it.  My email is melisalee11@gmail.com

So who would be your moviestar husband?

New User
JessicaDC
0 Kudos

Hi Ree,

I was just wondering how long it took you to develop your fabulous photography skills? Is photography something that you took up when you started blogging, or was it an interest before the blog? The pictures on your blog are so beautiful -- they both inspire and intimidate me.

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Laurs826

My question is do you ever feel overwhelmed with all the success? As your blog grows bigger and bigger do you feel like it might become a chore rather than something fun to do?

Two things: I just don't step back and ever think, "Wow---I'm a success!" Never, ever. I just feel like a big mess most of the time (my closet would prove this if you saw it.) That I've accomplished anything in the realm of blogging (or with my cookbook) is as much a testament to how much I love it as anything else. It has never, ever felt like a chore to me at all. I look forward to it every day.

I have never been successful at laundry. This is because I do not love laundry.