Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Buckarooblues
0 Kudos

Re: Author Visit: 12/18 Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman Cooks 1-3PM EST

Oh well....

New User
TheParkWife
0 Kudos

Thanks Ree, I just emailed you at your pioneerwomancooks.com address. Merry Christmas!

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

PrairieKerri:

So, my question is, do you ever get frustrated, tired, overwhelmed?  If not, what's your secret?

I have my mom and grandmother to thank for whatever optimism I have swimming through my blood---and the truth is, I just feel happy most of the time. If I ever get tired or overwhelmed, I usually chant a favorite saying my sister and I once coined: "It ain't all that tragic."

And usually, it ain't!

By the way, if PMS is at play, forget everything I just said. I become enraged at things like roly polies and air.

New User
em-jay
0 Kudos

My son asks regularly to listen to your son sing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning."  He LOVES to sing along. :smileyhappy:

New User
StephEPowell
0 Kudos

Ree -

I am a brand new follower of your blog! I just started my own blog a few weeks ago and stumbled upon yours, and ever since then, I have read everything I could! I was reading every night until I just about got through everything in each section! Even the homeschooling section and I dont even have kids yet! I'm not even married! Anyways, you have already been such an inspiration to me. I am looking forward to blogging, cooking, learning some cool photography skills, and looking forward to a family of my own so much!

Today is my office christmas party, and I made your stuffed mushrooms, and my boss is freaking out telling EVERYONE to go try them, and everyone LOVES them! I just wanted you to know that :smileyhappy: You are still reaching new people every day! I am still sooo very mad I missed your Austin book signing! Your cookbook is on my Christmas list.

So my question... What was the most memorable moment of your cookbook tour? I see all the nice hotels and cute chubby babies, but what was the ONE (if you could choose!) thing you will never forget?

Thanks so much for everything you have done! I'm looking forward to cooking my way through your cook book, including introducing my b/f to your MM sandwhich!!!

Stephanie

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

JoAnne_in_CT

Did you get any shopping done in the City?

Hi, JoAnne! It was so wonderful meeting you and I loved the goodies---thank you!

I got almost zero shopping done. That was the one thing about my book trip that I didn't like---there just wasn't any time to run around and explore (and, yes, shop.) Mostly, I was holed up in the hotel room when I wasn't traveling, because I wanted to keep blogging...and I wanted to save up my energy for the signings since that's why I was traveling in the first place.

*Smooch*

New User
CBodman
0 Kudos

Ree,

I am not sure how I came across your blog but I love it.  I try to blog but with 2 kids, work, school and a long commute that isn't easy. 

In all that you do in your day what is your biggest priority? Do you feel that there is always one thing that comes above the rest?

Christina

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

JessicaDC

How is Lady?

Lady is great! She likes to stay outside, for some reason---she has a little bed out there. I try to get her to come inside with King Charlie, but I think she wants to make sure the cows don't get in the yard. If she's inside, she feels like she's not doing her job.

If Charlie's OUTSIDE, he feels like someone's not doing their job.

New User
kam617
0 Kudos

Have you ever considered contacting Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel for a show to be done at your ranch?  There are SO many jobs that could be done and would be so fun to see!  Mike Rowe working calves...haha! I think many people would love to see it as much as I would. :smileyhappy:

New User
ladyash
0 Kudos

Can't wait to get my cookbook on Christmas morning!  I'll be sending it your way to sign shortly after :smileyhappy:

My question - What does MM think of Black Heels and the future book?

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Urban_Fussy_La

How do you remain so gracious at your public appearances when the lines are endless and last for hours? The only day I can think of that comes close to that experience was my wedding day, when the smile was in place for hours on end. Truth be told, my face hurt. My feet hurt. And it started to show in the photographs later in the day.

First, I loved meeting everyone. Each person was an individual, not a cumulative, and I wanted to meet each person and learn their names. It wasn't a chore for me---it was a wonderful, perspective-altering, universe-enlarging experience for me!

I have a very square jawline, so for some reason, smiling constantly doesn't hurt.

The only thing that hurt was my rotator cuff, because I write from my shoulder. But my dad's an orthopedic surgeon, so everything will be fine.

New User
batgirlMB
0 Kudos

Hi Ree,  Sorry I missed you in PA and on QVC!!!   Shoot.......anyway, so you started a blog in 2006 and things just evolved from there.....you're just so humble, it's so very refreshing!

Do you have a background in writing at all?  Previous writings (short stories, etc.) that were published???  A mentor of sorts?  Thanks for all your hard work....and by the way your photos are AMAZING!

Reader 2
sb_n_e
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ree,

i love reading your blog.  it's a great form of entertainment for me and so many others.  you have a real gift for making people laugh and garnering weird looks for me from others when i'm reading your blog in public.

how do you maintain balance in your life with being a full-time mom, teacher, wife, blogger, and author?  i'm convinced that you must never sleep!

sarabeth

ps merry christmas to you and your family!

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Buckarooblues

I want to know whether you and the girly girls liked Eloise? And whether the champagne was still good...lol...

Did you give us the copy of Eloise???? I just opened it yesterday and couldn't find a card??? If so...I almost started crying. It's beautiful!

And did you get to go to any other restaurants besides the one in your hotel? Did you get to have sushi at the Mall?

No, I pretty much did room service across the board. I did have sushi in Atlanta and NYC, though, so I think I'm okay for at least another week. :smileywink:

New User
Emma_Grace
0 Kudos

Merry Christmas, Ree!

It sounds like you love movies.  Do you have any favorite books?

New User
Brookie628
0 Kudos

Can you tell me if you will be making a stop in Indiana in 2010?? Pretty please:smileyhappy:

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Em-Jay

My son asks regularly to listen to your son sing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning."  He LOVES to sing along.

I think if we could pipe that recording in the halls of the Capitol building, our legislators would all be at peace with one another for the rest of time.

New User
MadScientistSA
0 Kudos

Ree,

I really have no questions for you, just a coincidental story to tell you.

When I was pregnant with my middle punk, I found your blog and fell in love.  This was a couple of years ago, and I'm still an avid reader. 

Sometime between then and now, my husband comes home from work one day.  He's a FedEx driver, and his route at that time was in the Pawhuska area.  He told me a story about how he was somewhere and a little girl driving around hit his FedEx truck.  Her mom had to come fill out some papers or something-or-other... I can't remember, I've been pregnant again since then.  Anyhow, he said something about that this girl's mom was really cool because she had a famous cooking blog.  I asked him about it, and he told me she called herself the Pioneer Woman.  I was in shock!  I told him that all those really great recipes I've been trying out lately were from your website, and that I read it all the time!

He doesn't go to Pawhuska very often anymore, but I tell him every time he goes there that if he sees you, he should tell you how big of a fan I am of you and your website.

Hopefully he and I will be at the signing in Tulsa tomorrow.  I'll be the dorkwad with the giant smile plastered on her face the whole time.  I might propose marriage.  Think about it.  :smileywink:

New User
AngAK
0 Kudos

Greetings from Alaska Ree.  slim chance of you visiting us up here, but we loves ya.  You briefly mentioned that MM can jump in and take up the homeschooling with the Sonlight program.  I always wondered if you 2 team teach, or if he has a particular subject that is his to teach(besides ranching).  And, do you still do ballet for exercise, and do you give your girls ballet classes(besides positions with the cattle :smileywink:

New User
Buckarooblues
0 Kudos

Yes, it was in the Lund's bag given to you at Twin Cities Live...there was a note in the bag about the 'provenance' of the book and the vintage champagne...the vintage Glass Wax stencils...the wine, the St. Pete's bleu cheese, the MN wild rice, the fun handouts that Lund's/Byerly's give out...and a bottle of my friend's wine.

With all the great hotels you stayed at...Eloise was just so...YOU!

~Laurie~