Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Re: Author Visit: 12/18 Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman Cooks 1-3PM EST

StephEPowell

What was the most memorable moment of your cookbook tour? I see all the nice hotels and cute chubby babies, but what was the ONE (if you could choose!) thing you will never forget?

That is such a great question, and such a hard one to answer! I remember each and every tour stop---are you ready? I'll do this from memory:

Tulsa

OKC

Tulsa (again)

Pawhuska

Denver

Salt Lake City

Phoenix

Little Rock

Bartlesville

Kansas City

St. Louis

Chicago

Minneapolis

Torrance/LA

Ponca City

Dallas

Austin

Houston

Atlanta

Nashville

New York

West Chester

Honestly---I remember each place, people I met, babies I held, and things that were said. I remember which of my family members were with me, etc. I have more great memories than I know what to do with. I've been jotting them down so I won't forget.

And I took lots of photos!

New User
Sweetlife27
0 Kudos

I've been a lurker on your blog for a while now and I just love it. I started a little blog myself, and it's gotten rave reviews. Of course, no one reads it but me. :smileytongue:

I must ask though, does Marlboro Man read your blog?

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

CBodman

In all that you do in your day what is your biggest priority? Do you feel that there is always one thing that comes above the rest?

Great question...and it probably varies depending on what's going on in our lives and on the ranch. There's always school, blogging, cattle, cooking, photography, etc...

But I think one thing that's almost always consistent is that no matter what's going on with either of us, Marlboro Man and I always go to bed together. It's kind of an intangible way of saying, "We got through another day, and we did it together."

("Now let's go party!")

(Just kidding about that last part.)

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

kam617

Have you ever considered contacting Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel for a show to be done at your ranch?  There are SO many jobs that could be done and would be so fun to see!  Mike Rowe working calves...haha! I think many people would love to see it as much as I would.

Surely Mike Rowe has worked calves by now!

Now, if he wanted an original show idea, I might invite him into my laundry room. Now THAT is a dirty job.

New User
KHL25
0 Kudos

I often play TickleBack with my boyfriend using Archie characters.  He wants to switch to Peanuts characters.  Do you think we should?

New User
TwiceFiveMiles
0 Kudos

Hi, Ree -

I don't really have a question exactly, I just wanted to tell you that I discovered your site earlier this year when I was in the middle of six months of chemo. It was a long, dark, scary winter and I'm not exaggerating when I say that your site gave me so many smiles in the middle of all of that. Every day I would read through more of your archives, laugh at your stories, and imagine myself healthy again and cooking your recipes.

I'm better now, cooking up a storm again and loving being with my husband and our little boy. I just wanted to thank you for helping me through the dark times. I know it seems strange to hear that from someone you don't know, but you really did help me.

With love from Vermont,

Jen

New User
girloutnumbered
0 Kudos

Hi Ree!

I was just wondering about your religious views.  I know it's a touchy subject, but do you attend church regularly?  Do you teach your children about your religion?

You and MM seem to have an ideal marriage situation, is there any advice you can give to other busy families?  Is there a fail-safe tip that keeps you two in love and going strong after all the daily stress?

Big fan!

Michelle

girl, outnumbered

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Ladyash

What does MM think of Black Heels and the future book?

He's absolutely terrified! And he should be.

Naw, just kidding. He's fine with it, and he knows as well as I do that the second part has many twists and turns...I think he's trying to decide if he's going to read it or not.

Teehee.

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

BatgirlMB

Do you have a background in writing at all?

Not in any official capacity, unless you count the high school paper!

I never thought of myself as a writer, and still don't believe I'm a serious writer...but then, every time my grandmother comes to visit me, she brings a stack of letters she saved that I'd written her a long time ago. I used to send her a couple of letters a week...and she lived 20 minutes from my house! And they were random---musings about my cat and other weird things. I guess I was a blogger, even back then.

New User
CAVersele
0 Kudos

Ree!! I enjoyed meeting you in Atlanta. My 2yr old daughter still says everytime she sees your cookbook "Mommy! Remember? I said 'Hi Ree! I like your chicken spaghetti' " shes your biggest fan!

To be honest with you, I started looking at your blog about a year ago because my friend Amy told me about the AMAZING giveaways... I know that makes me sound like a charity case! I couldn't believe the stuff you gave away, of course i never won, but after that i was hooked, i love reading about your life and you have a way of writing that keeps peoples interest and keeps them wanting more!

SO- i have a giveaway question... how are you about to give away so much? do companies give you stuff for the free advertising?

I love to see the things you find useful, beautiful and interesting!! Keep them coming!

Carolyn

Greenville, SC

New User
batgirlMB
0 Kudos

Your so funny...thanks for the reply!:smileyhappy:

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Emma_Grace

It sounds like you love movies.  Do you have any favorite books?

I am not a voracious reader.

(Did I just type that on bn.com?)

I was as a child---Little House on the Prairie, the Madeleine L'Engle books, C.S. Lewis' Narnia books, Caddie Woodlawn, Corrie ten Boom's The Hiding Place, Where the Red Fern Grows, and yes...Judy Blume. What was my mother thinking with "Forever?" Anyway...

I think I don't read much now because I don't have time, I'd rather watch a movie, and nothing measures up to the books I read as a child. They were so powerful to me then.

Sophie's Choice is a big one for me, though. William Styron. Wow.

Contributor
Trish-in-MO
0 Kudos

Ree, this has been awesome, and I feel like I got a taste of those early one-on-one conversations we spoke about earlier! Thanks Barnes & Noble for having Ree, and thanks Ree for coming!

<p.s. Check your BN mail, Ree!  :smileywink:  >

New User
mandyblake
0 Kudos

REEEEEE! Helloooo dahhling!!! My bff and I have been addicted to your site since about this time last year. We love you and all the punks and MM(OMG not like that) and the cowboys and Mike and Wetsy and everything and everyone else you blog about. Your recipes have come to our rescue time and time again and they are always a hit! You have forever changed our lives! I won't go into how our pants fit just a tad tighter this year and I certainly won't go into how I think all your amazing recipes and TK are to blame. We just love you k?!

What kind of music do you and MM listen to? And I know you have plenty of cowboys on the ranch...but do y'all ever have a need for cowgirls? 2 of them? 24 and 22? Brunettes? Healthy? Ride, rope, sort, doctor, and thanks to you COOK?

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Buckarooblues

Laurie, ALL of that was in the bag...but Eloise, for some reason, was not! Your blue cheese got me through a very tough night ...I was starving! And I made the wild rice in my corn/wild rice casserole. Oh, yum.

Can't believe you're the source of the Eloise book. I'm glad to know where "she" came from.

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

Sweetlife27

I must ask though, does Marlboro Man read your blog?

Yes...when he has time! He has to fact-check my agricultural stories. He can't sleep if I get an agricultural fact wrong!

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

KHL25

I often play TickleBack with my boyfriend using Archie characters.  He wants to switch to Peanuts characters.  Do you think we should?

Or...OR...you could really go hog wild and switch to Doonesbury! Or Calvin & Hobbes.

New User
gunnymom
0 Kudos

Ree!  I saw you in Atlanta... the line was long, it was getting late... I was *determined* to not rattle on and get hyped up and sound like any other fan - afterall, I think I'm your biggest fan!! - and what happened?!  i, a grown woman, just got tongue-tied and didn't say much at all!!  Like, "thanks for the latte!!"  :smileyhappy:  (I tried to get your coffee in line, but Betsy *insisted* that you'd beat her up.... I vowed to her to save the cup forever, then forgot my vow and tossed it.) 

Anyway, THANK YOU!, and your girls simply MUST read "Anne of Green Gables"!!  If you never did, you should too!!

New User
phoenix1570
0 Kudos

Hi Ree :smileyhappy: I am so glad I am home sick from work today LOL

Anyway, I know that myself and many, many, many other gave you gifts during the book tour. Do you just have room dedicated to all of that STUFF? How did you get it all home? Any stinkers in the bunch?

I mean of course you loved your Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub and hair care samples the best  :smileywink: hehehehehehe

much love from Pam from Columbia, MO

Author
Ree_Drummond
0 Kudos

THANK YOU guys for hanging out with me for a couple of hours.

Thanks, BN, for hosting!

Love you guys!