New User
CoffeeGrounded
0 Kudos

Re: Author Visit: Peter Reinhart 2/18 Noon-1:30 PM EST

I echo the words of Andrea and others, thank you so much for your books, time and accessibility.

Margie

Author
Peter-Reinhart
0 Kudos

Hi GyozaKing,

Since we're out of time here on the live portion, let me refer you and all our readers to my blog for updates on my travel schedule, the pizza show (web site soon to launch), and other things in my world. It's http://peterreinhart.typepad.com  It also gives a link to a website for ongoing Q&A about bread-- our testers Forum (and photo gallery). We'd love to have you as contributors. I should have news on the pizza show when I get back from my California teaching tour, which kicks off next week.

Author
Peter-Reinhart
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

By tacky I mean the dough should peel off your finger like a post-it note. Sticky, on the other hand, leaves dough stuck on your finger. This is more like ciabatta and focaccia dough and even pizza dough. Most doughs are tacky but a few, like the ones above, are sticky.

New User
Dorothy18
0 Kudos

Peter,

I am using your newest book and I especially appreciate the photos. Most important to me was the four stretch and folds with ten minutes rests in between. This made a dramatic difference in my "no knead" bread attempts.

Dorothy18

Frequent Contributor
Allison_Fishman
0 Kudos

Peter,

Thank you so much for a wonderful and informative visit to our boards. And for writing such detailed, easy to follow books.  Please come back and visit anytime, and we'll certainly see you on your blog.

And thank you posters for the good questions. And please let me know if there are authors you'd like me to invite for a visit in the future. 

Happy Baking,

Allison

Author
Peter-Reinhart
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your kind words and for your passion for bread.

I've really enjoyed being on this live chat with all of you and hope some of these responses were helpful. Please stay in touch with me via my blog and, hopefully, we'll get to meet one of these days. Thank you also to Allison for hosting this session and to everyone at B&N for creating this forum for us. May your bread always rise!

New User
CoffeeGrounded
0 Kudos

Thanks for offering this great forum, B & N!