Frequent Contributor
BillP
0 Kudos

Cooking, Food and Drink in April

[ Edited ]
Hi,

Ziki was asking in another thread if we were going to be discussing Mark Bittman's The Greatest Recipes in the world in April.

There's no formal discussion scheduled in Food & Drink this month, so we decided to put together a list of starter books we thought anyone interested in the culinary arts would benefit from, from classics (The Joy of Cooking, M.F.K. Fisher's The Art of Eating) to more recent works (The Best Recipes in the World, Ruth Reichel's memoir about being the NY Times restaurant critic, Garlic & Sapphires).

We hope these books spark discussion. I'm taking over for ChefJon here in Cooking, Food and Drink, and I'd just like to say thanks for the great job he's done in this forum. I know I've learned a lot.

I'll be posting some discussion topics over the next day or so. And there will be future author appearances and moderated discussions but for now, eat, drink... and talk.

Thanks,

BillP

Message Edited by Jessica on 04-05-2007 11:52 AM

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Cooking, Food and Drink in April

BillP wrote:
Hi,

Ziki was asking in another thread if we were going to be discussing Mark Bittman's The Greatest Recipes in the world in April.....I'm taking over for ChefJon here in Cooking, Food and Drink, and I'd just like to say thanks for the great job he's done in this forum.

Many many thanks to Jon, he was absolutely great! Knowledgeable, friendly and fun! I will miss him here (as well as all others who left BN this month). My favo gang of moderators is now gone :smileysad: that is incredible and sad. I feel there's less and less reason for me to hang around.

I didn't understand these changes were taking place so I wondered what was up with the announced cookbook. Thanks Bill for your reply.

ziki
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Great suggestion of cookbooks, Bill. Since last December I am besotted with 75th A. of Joy of Cooking. That of course didn't stop me from buying other cookbooks. LOL
ziki

Message Edited by ziki on 04-04-200711:55 AM

Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note -- BillP is taking a much-deserved vacation, and will be back at the end of next week (April 13). In the meantime, I'm going to check in on this board for him. Let's keep on talking about our favorite cookbooks, kitchen disasters, and culinary triumphs.

And when BillP returns, hopefully he'll have some interesting food experiences to share!

Thanks!
Jessica
Book Club Editor