New User
jakmana
0 Kudos

Favorite Teas

As I tea lover and health nut, I have been purchasing various healthy teas and ginseng from www.dreamteas.net I suggest you try the green teas or if you are a newbie try the special sampler.
Good luck
New User
avorel
0 Kudos

Re: Favorite Teas

Thanks for the recommendation. I am always looking for new teas, and will give these a try. I'd also like to give you one. I've recently discovered Revolution Teas. They have all different varieties of teas, but I especially love the Citrus Spice Herbal Tea. They can be found at: http://www.revolutiontea.com/index.html. Enjoy!
Inspired Contributor
foxycat
0 Kudos

Broken Orange Pekoe from Assam, India, preferably second flush. Roughly $32/lb, but usually available in as little as a quarter pound.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. --Oscar Wilde

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

avorel wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation. I am always looking for new teas, and will give these a try. I'd also like to give you one. I've recently discovered Revolution Teas. They have all different varieties of teas, but I especially love the Citrus Spice Herbal Tea. They can be found at: http://www.revolutiontea.com/index.html. Enjoy!

yes, I love the Citrus spice herbal teas also. I drink alot of iced green tea and hot green tea.Its Suppose to be good for you.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

foxycat wrote:
Broken Orange Pekoe from Assam, India, preferably second flush. Roughly $32/lb, but usually available in as little as a quarter pound.

Wow! Rochelle, you know alot about your teas, huh? I would have to say $8 for a quarter of a lb. sounds high for me but I guess its how much you like it.
Inspired Contributor
foxycat
0 Kudos

Hi, kiakar. In a loose tea, 1/4 lb goes a very long way. If you calculate how much per pound you pay for bagged tea, it's much higher, the leaves are ground up fine, and the blends are not as good. The leaves of a good tea should unfold slowly as it rehydrates. And yes, I usually buy specific blends rather than brand names. I get them online or down in the city(NYC.) For lunch, since I have to carry my lunch to work, I go slumming and use Twinings bagged teas.

The online company with the best shipping policy is Pennsylavnia Dutch Teas and Spices at Ebay. These are flat prices, not on auctions. Some of the other companies want $6-8 to ship 1/4 lb, which is ridiculous. Pa. Dutch charges $2.

There are no scientific studies to prove the benefits of any herbal teas. Green tea is unfermented black tea, and has some health benefits, and the caffeine gives just as much lift as the black.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

foxycat wrote:
Hi, kiakar. In a loose tea, 1/4 lb goes a very long way. If you calculate how much per pound you pay for bagged tea, it's much higher, the leaves are ground up fine, and the blends are not as good. The leaves of a good tea should unfold slowly as it rehydrates. And yes, I usually buy specific blends rather than brand names. I get them online or down in the city(NYC.) For lunch, since I have to carry my lunch to work, I go slumming and use Twinings bagged teas.

The online company with the best shipping policy is Pennsylavnia Dutch Teas and Spices at Ebay. These are flat prices, not on auctions. Some of the other companies want $6-8 to ship 1/4 lb, which is ridiculous. Pa. Dutch charges $2.

There are no scientific studies to prove the benefits of any herbal teas. Green tea is unfermented black tea, and has some health benefits, and the caffeine gives just as much lift as the black.

Thanks for the tidbits on tea! You are just a smart cookie. You know alot about everything.
Inspired Contributor
foxycat
0 Kudos

I read a lot.

Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

foxycat wrote:
I read a lot.

Yes, Foxycat, I read alot too, but I must not be reading the right thing. You are so informed about most everything. Didn't you say you had a home improvement business. Wow! Now I wish I knew alot about that. It would save me alot of money. ha.
New User
recipes
0 Kudos

I love flowering teas. I saw them for the first time I was in China. I bought the Jasmine tea. It's loaded with caffeine, but so beautiful to watch bloom.